Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Londoner....remember HALT....hungry, angry, lonely, tired. The big 4 triggers. First line of defense: EAT! This is the laser guided silver bullet against cravings. Can you start a good book or make a plan for your evening so you don't feel so listless? Put yourself on a task? Bake some cookies for a neighbor? Try to keep your thoughts from going 'there'! You got this...we'll be right here, too! You are NOT alone in this! Everyone else is NOT out drinking and enjoying themselves! Check in often and we'll check on you too. It will be fine! Stay the course and you'll never regret it. Good job coming here and talking about it!! Hugs, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1534605 wrote: Well, feeling a bit vulnerable today for the first time on my journey to af freedom.
      No one is about tonight to do anything. Friends are either away or with girlfriends. Brothers are all out. Guess you could say I'm feeling a bit lonely tonight.

It is these sorts of nights that really test me. Could easily have a few beers to'chill', which really means to numb my emotion.

Staying strong.
      A wee bit like that myself tonight Londoner. It seems the whole of Glasgow is out drinking and turning beetroot red, and I did get invited a few places but not ready to face up to the West of Scotland drinking culture as a sober person yet again after yesterday. So, remembering the things I used to love doing before AL took hold. Bath, candles, classical music. A few phone calls to faraway friends, digging out a good book, and looking forward to waking up sober again. Hang in there, Londoner. This will pass. Get used to your own company at the weekends again, there's nothing wrong with a bit of 'me' time. I am missing a few Nesters, you know who you are. Please post, even if you aren't feeling that great, no one here is going to judge you. :l
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters! hope you've all had a great day, wise choice Broken Halo, thats got me through many a night when the rest of the world are out on the lash.

Congratulations on 7 days Lasha, now its just a case of repeat weekly - gets easier I promise.

Brief update on drunken friend from last night - 2 broken fingers, one cut off wedding ring, few stitches, multiple bruises and a shed-load of humiliation. Just remembering having to text people to ask what state I was in is enough these days!

She will be off work for a while, won't be able to drive but thats called having fun!!!

Have a great rest of weekend
        AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow spiderwoman, that use to be me. Cuts and bruises all no recollection of getting them. So glad it's not me now.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe night in the nest. Waking up guilt free with a clear head Sunday morning should be on everyone's plan

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening
              checking in to see what's happening.
              Londoner,Shelly, and Broken halo so glad you're hanging tough.
              good night all.
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1534686 wrote: Good evening Nesters,

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe night in the nest. Waking up guilt free with a clear head Sunday morning should be on everyone's plan

Lav
                I agree and am so glad that I did wake up safe and guilt free:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Sunday morning, no fuzzy head! I hope everyone is well this fine day. I am off out for the day, taking my nieces to the safari park. I am as excited as they are! Have a great day everyone
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello NESTERS, I am so pleased to be back. Its been a while. I have had major computer problems; had to buy another one.I have also been on holidays camping in a place with limited computer access. So hope everyone is doing well; I have lots to catch up on. BEEN DOING OK ON ABOUT MY 16 DAY AF. Off to read some threads.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi y'all,

Good to see you Hadit. Bravo on your 16 days AF mate. Back on the horse. Super!

Have a beaut day Bhalo! Your neices will be loving the real you.

Had a great day. Finished the Run Melbourne 10k race with a couple of friends. The sun was shining, a few thousand people and apart from a bit of a limp, i'm ace. Body will be fine tomorrow. Off to hit the hay here as i'm a little knackered. Take care everyone.

Day 70. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Wow G, CONGRATS on your run & 70 AF days ~ nice

Welcome back hadit!
                        Congrats on your 16 AF days. Love a new computer

Greetings Witts, little beagle, Sam, broken halo & everyone. Make it a great AF Sunday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on ya there G Man.

Samstone
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mary and I have been married 47 years and not once have we had an argument serious enough to mention the word divorce -- murder, yes, but divorce, never. - Jack Benny

Good Morning All,

I'm at my parents' home and thought I would take a moment to say hello while Mom and Dad are still sleeping. Mom and Dad have been married 43 years. Mom was 17 when she said, "I do." (She was one of those smarty-pants gals that had been bumped up a grade and then graduated early.) They had a baby nearly every 18 months until, at 32, Mom had their final baby, me. :chick: Oftentimes, they still call me "Baby." I'm so proud of my parents because they have lived a life that is true to their deepest beliefs. Sometimes they infuriate me (and vice versa, no doubt), but that's part of the "deal" with love.

I'm so happy to see some of my friends in The Nest: Byrdie, Spider, Lil' Beagle, Lav, Sam, Witts, Broken Halo, Hadit, and G-Man. I know that the rest of you will be along shortly. Hanging together helps me to stay sober, even during tough times. Especially during tough times!!

It's a gorgeous morning here. I love living in my little corner of the world. Yes, we get rain 10 months out of the year (give or take) but summers are beautiful and generally mild. Anyway, I don't seem to mind the rain. I guess I'm just used to it. I don't think I own an umbrella. Oh wait!! Yes I do. It's in the trunk in case I'm all dressed up for some special event and it is pouring rain.

Okay... obviously, I'm rambling...

Enjoy your day, Everyone. ~
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess
                              that's a great Jack Benny quote. I can see his elbow in one hand and his other hand with palm next to his chin. And oh yes, the violin!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to see everyone checking in from around the globe!!! :earth:
                                Some really big numbers are piling up.
                                As I was waiting for Ann Carolina to arrive yesterday at the restaurant, I was seated outside, by the river. It was a hot, humid day. There were 2 other tables, a man sitting alone drinking a big glass of red wine and a table of 2 women drinking beer. As I sat there observing....I thought, THIS is the picture of what we as ALK's think about! Sitting by the water having a cold beverage!! BUT here is what getting distance between you and AL does...it makes you LOSE the yearn to do that. I did NOT want any at ALL and to go one step further, I didn't see how they were drinking it in the middle of the day like that. (mind you, once I started drinking, I kept going so the thought of having one at lunch is/was unthinkable....I started at 10:30 a.m.on weekends) This is the point of the story....getting the distance between you and AL is worth all of the effort it takes!!! It will NOT always be this hard, I promise. I was (am) a Stage 3 ALK and if I can say that...I KNOW you will be able to say it sooner than I did! That is why building those consecutive days is so important. One feeding of the beast and you are right back to square #1. Starve him. He deserves no better. It's the only way to defeat this guy. There is light at the end of the tunnel....Dick Head will not haunt you forever!! Stay the course....get over those rough edges....and you will hit smooth waters. I promise!
                                Hope everyone has a happy day!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X