Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ugh. House fell through. Now back to searching. Scared and I hate not knowing where my home is.
    Wanted to drink today but I didn't.
    I could almost taste it.
    But I didn't. I am just hoping and praying that I find the right place in the right time.
    Hope all are well in the nest tonight. Here's some sober dust for all.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
      Day 9 now and almost at the point of not gagging for a drink but not quite, hoping the magic of day 13 does that.
      Sleeping is not too good but maybe day 13 cures that as well or am I being na?ve?

Fireworks went off on Sat night and made the dog go berserk and I thought I would normally be down the quay with my bottle enjoying the band but then the thought of a hangover and wanting more the next day made me sleep easier. Wow did I just say that?
      Lash
      It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning nesters. Lots of inspiration from the comments here today and I identify really closely with what The Sunflower said: I have spent years causing upset, pain and distress to those around me because of this illness. I think though that I have found the cure: a huge bucket of cold reality mixed with some serious action. If I can stick to that perhaps I can get the life back I should have had and can give the life back to my family that they deserve. Starting today by doing a spot of DIY for my mother. I just hope the shock of me actually doing something that does not involve boozing does not give her a heart attack! Have a great day folks wherever you are. Speak again later today. Byeee!
        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters! Nursie, so sorry the house fell through but I am glad you didn't drink. Everything happens for a reason and the reason might just be that your perfect place is just around the corner! I know how stressed you must be feeling, please hang in there.

Thanks everyone for all the food for thought. This is my third Monday waking clear headed and sober, if I could bottle how good that feels and market it, it would outsell AL. My life isn't perfect. I am struggling to get back on my feet financially. But I realise now that every problem is only made ten times worse by drinking. I am trying to get my head round the amount of money I have saved in just 17 days of not drinking and smoking and it's a lot. No wonder my finances are a mess. I hope everyone has a fab Monday. Nursie, let us know how you get on with the new house hunt and please don't lose heart.
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning all. think I need to snuggle in here today. I am off work so really struggling not to drink. sweating and shaking from yesterday, yuk.
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

girly wirly;1535234 wrote: morning all. think I need to snuggle in here today. I am off work so really struggling not to drink. sweating and shaking from yesterday, yuk.
              Hiya Girly Wirly,

Strap yourself in. Here's some fresh butt velcro. I have found the nest a very important and special place for me this time around in my recovery journey. I hope you stick around on this thread. How about another read of the toolbox if you haven't already, for some more positive distraction and strategies......https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Take care everyone. Think positive.

G bloke

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesters

I'm back & day1'ing again. fell off the wagon on day4 a couple of weeks ago. just back to wine & beer this time, not the vodka hole I dug myself into last time. I went camping for ten days & in spite of drinking, actually rather enjoyed myself, had some time to think & read some books. I've been home for a few days tapering/reducing myself off, & lurking & reading around here. I watched "Rain in My Heart" this morning, which was pretty horrific

anyway, it's another sunny day in the UK & I'm not feeling too bad for now. will try to get out into the hills for a walk this afternoon & get some fresh air & some exercise

SD

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone - back again and sorry it's been so long. Great to see lots of new faces here too.

Well had a great holiday - and I stayed AF. Enjoyed eating lots of lovely fresh fruit and ended up having to drink water or coke most of the time as I couldn't speak Bulgarian to explain a lime and soda!!

Anyway - since coming back home I've fallen off the wagon and need to get a grip and sort myself out. Two days after we got home from hols I had a massive car accident. Someone pulled across the road and hit straight into the side of my car, caving it in and pushing me across the road. I was driving a low sports car and they were in a huge 4x4. It was the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced.

When the police arrived, we both had to be breathalised and I felt so proud when my reading was ZERO! But I was so shaken up and in lots of pain that when someone offered me a 'stiff drink' I took it - and it has become a bit of a habit again this past two weeks. I haven't been drinking excessively like before, but I hate that sluggish feeling in the morning.

I need to get some more Antabuse - ran out but haven't been able to get to my appointment because I can't drive still at the moment.

Anyway - will keep reading and lurking and hopefully catch up with everyone - hope you're all doing OK.

Snap x
                  Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Snap, so glad you are OK. I can only imagine how scared you must have been!
                    You know what you need to do so please stay in touch.

Girly wirly, welcome back to you as well. Get a good plan together & stay close to the nest.

Nursie, sorry about the house, this stuff happens to all of us. Glad you did not choose to drink, wouldn't have changed anything, right? Stay focused & close to the nest as well

some-dumbass, welcome back to you too!
                    The 'Rain in my Heart' documentary certainly is chilling, made a huge impact on me! Stck around & let us know how you are doing.

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back, Snap!
                      I am so glad you were not more seriously hurt! That must have been so frightening.
                      Coming back here before the drinking gets out of hand again is the way to go - you can do it, just like you did before.
                      Congratulations on accomplishing your holiday AF! It is good to hear from you again.

Nursie,
                      Having the house deal fall through must be such a blow. It is great you realize that if anything, AL would be only a temporary relief, and then would make it even more difficult for you to cope with this problem. I hope a good solution develops quickly. Good luck!

Have a great AF week, Nesters!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I managed to make it through the morning! Feeling tired so some lunch and a little nap. methinks! THE BOOZE IS SWEATING OUT OF ME!

Snap, that accident sounds awful. Glad you're okay.

Thanks guitarista! Reall had a gutfull of the drink this time. i NEED some sober time!!
                        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

As I was catching up, I found a lot of inspiring posts and some that need a hug so here goes :l:l:l:l:h

G-man , Sam - Awesome work guys! keep it up.

Girly - hope you are feeling much better today. Plan, Plan, Plan. Make a plan and stick to it. Before you know it your days will be double digits again.

Lav - love embroidery, you are so talented, and such an inspiration to baby chicks like me. Tel k-9 she is missed.

Snap - Wow! So glad you are ok. A MVA like that is traumatizing you know the drill Hang tough friend.

SDA - It took a lot of day ones before my quit stuck, and a DUI. Be kind to your self and figure out the triggers, and avoid them if possible at all costs, and if you can not read here and post before you drink. We will not judge, just try to help.

Nursie - I remember those 12hr shifts. I worked in CCU on nights and they can be brutal. My last 10 years was spent in Cardiovascular Surgery as a RNFA and doing surgery at 2, 3, 4 o'clock in the am can be just as brutal. Glad I was kinda forced out (by DUI) for the next 12 months. :upset: sorry about the house. Keep your head up it was not the right one anyway. LOL.

Neddy, Lasha keep up the good work.

NS a pleasure as always, and any one else I missed.

Have a great AF Monday, I have orientation again this PM.
                          JDG
                          Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nest,

After 2 months alcohol free, I have been drinking regularly (and far too much!!) for the past few weeks. I'm not even sure why. During my time not drinking, I felt physically and mentally better than I had in years of drinking. My head was clear, I had so much energy, I lost weight and people commented that I looked better. Not to mention the money wasted on wine and my embarassing behavior while drinking. Anyway, time to regroup and try again. Back on day one.

Hope everyone has a great day.

cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

cocoflo:l

lets do this!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                                So good to see the new faces and some that we know and love!! Snuggle in, we can help! G-man, would you fetch up the fresh Butt Velcro for our newest members? Strap in good and tight, it can be a wild ride but if you hold on, it is worth it!

Lasha, Day 13 is not hype. Since it was so pivotal for me, I have paid attention since then and after 2.5 years in the nest, I can tell you that just about everything improves by this day....cravings, sleeping, The Voices.....things just smooth out. I can't wait to hear your report on Day 14!

Pinecone...what a wonderful visual you gave us. Eating blueberries and laying on a hot rock in the woods. I don't know about you, but in my drinking hayday, I didn't get out of the house much. The thought of a day out like that would send me into a panic. How would I get my Buzz? I couldn't lay back on a warm rock for the frenzy in my head about my next fix. I wasn't ENJOYING anything, including drinking. It was just awful. I am so glad that turmoil is gone. It was like chickens pecking at my brain constantly (apologies to the everpecking, Stella). ALWAYS about AL! I'll change today....I'll cut back today....I'll start later....only drink on weekends....only drink wine instead of vodka....If I could go back and tell myself something it'd be this: When you start having to make rules about something, you have a problem. #2 When you break the rules you made, you have a bigger problem. #3 When you try to stop and can't....here's the butt Velcro, you are one of us. But the news is not bad...it's actually very good! Once you can get stopped and clear your head of this crazy mess, it becomes pretty clear. I feel as tho I've been given a second chance at life! I have the ultimate Do-Over! I'm taking it, too! I am sharper and more alive than ever. Life begins when you stop drinking for good!!! Whatever age that is! You have nothing to lose and everything else to gain! It is a tough trade at first, then you see how really unfair it is....but in the opposite way you thought! I haven't lost a thing! I was under the ultimate delusion of AL! ALL of us who come out the other side say "what was I thinking?"
                                Nanette, so good to see you, and here is some more good news.....there will be a time when it is EASY. Not just easiER. THIS is normal now. I'm so happy to see your post!
                                Have a great day everyone! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X