Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yes, NS, we are on the same page. First step, ALWAYS: get the booze out of the house. ALL of it. :heart:
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Did you DUMP it Girly Wirly ? (sorry I got your name wrong before but I was trying to be quick )

I have to leave now but please, just get rid of it. There is nothing in it that will help you. I know you are tired of this battle. We ALL are or were. The thing is, it isn't necessary. You have to do some hard stuff first but once you do it, you'll not have any more times like right now.

I'll check with you later. :l NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Girly Wirly... I have to say I agree with Tess and NS. I've also had issues with AL in the house. I would go a few days AF then buy some wine just to "have on hand" in case guests would like some. It would always end the same... I would end up drinking everything myself, sometimes in one sitting. It makes it more difficult to have Al too convenient, especially in the early stages of going AF. If it's nice stuff that you do not have the heart to dump, give it away to friends/family. We did that with a bottle of good vodka. This is tough but I think it will definitely help.

Much love and strength to you!!!
        Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

girly wirly;1535310 wrote: its killing me. there are 3 cold cans and three bottles of wine in the fridge!
          Girly - Alcohol IS killing you. You state your mood as being SICK. You are literally sick, girly. You have an illness named alcoholism.

I was very sick, too. I nearly died more than once. We did not choose to become sick with the illness named alcoholism. But we must face that we are truly sick.

Alcoholism can be managed and you can get well and stay well and have your life back. I've got my life back, so I am speaking from experience. And I am speaking from my heart.

Get yourself through this night and day without drinking any more alcohol. That is the start. Keep reading and writing.

You can do this!! :huggy

The man pulling radishes
          pointed the way
          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Girly I understand if you can not do this then call a friend or family and let them take care of it. I can not even touch an empty bottle I call on someone else.

Do what ever you have to do just get it out of your reach.

Strength my friend, let us know how you are doing
            JDG
            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did not know there was such a thing as "good vodka" or any "stuff that is too good to dump". No matter how much it cost or how fancy the bottle.....still cheaper to throw it out than another day of hell. I personally don't like to give poison as a gift to people I love

I just saw this....."Denial is like sleeping. Initially you are pissed at what woke you up".

I have to look up Rain In My Heart....

Everyone have a great Monday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

TheSunFlower;1535349 wrote: I have to look up Rain In My Heart....
                here you go:

MWO: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ary-37717.html

the thread contains links to the program on youtube

it's pretty bleak, but I'm going to use it to scare myself back to AF when I'm thinking about drinking ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Afternoon nesters! I survived my gruelling 2 X 12 hour night shifts and woke up feeling tired but grateful. I used to use AL to help me sleep. Shift work plays havoc on your sleep patterns. Since I left AL I have the best sleeps ever! Sure when I am on nights it's tougher but the tossing and turning isn't an AL induced coma where I am sweating and tormented knowing that the poison is running through my body with my liver desperately trying to save me. I will never put my body through that again. Never.

girly you know what to do, get it out of the house. If you can't do it, get someone else to do it, but get it done. I struggled at first, and gave it away eventually. I like knowing my house is AF (except for my son's room which is a war zone anyway I don't go in there LOL) I hope you can find the strength you need and really make this stick.

some dumbass welcome back, enjoy your day in the sun and here's to day one being your last day one!

snapdragon how scary, I am so glad you're ok. Staying AF on holiday was a big accomplishment and you know how good it feels, so here's to getting back on track!

cocoflo remember how good you felt being AF for two months? You can feel like that forever. It's your choice. Welcome back!

Nanette you inspire me! And thanks for the reminder not to get too cocky, there are lots of firsts for me coming up.

Lav your life sounds perfect, the land, the work, the kids. I envy you!

Pinecone watch out for the bears, they love blueberries and sunbathing too!!

sunflower wow that's some perspective you were given at your support group eh? I know my hubby doesn't have a clue what has happened and that our relationship has suffered due to my mood swings when AL had a hold of me. I am lucky he is a patient man!

little beagle thanks for your support. I am in an emergency control centre, with no windows, it can be hard to remember there's life outside sometimes!

nursie I know it sounds trite, but I truly believe the world unfolds exactly the way it was intended to. Your new home is just waiting for you to find it.

neddy, I bet your mum is thrilled to have your help!

lasha good job sticking with it! Day 13 is magic!

I know I can't say hello to everyone but here's a shout out to NS, Tess, Byrdie, wittsend, guitarista, JDG, geez it feels like Romper Room but wait I don't see K9 where is she? Please come out and play! We miss you!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

TheSunFlower;1535349 wrote: I did not know there was such a thing as "good vodka" or any "stuff that is too good to dump". No matter how much it cost or how fancy the bottle.....still cheaper to throw it out than another day of hell. I personally don't like to give poison as a gift to people I love
                    sunflower I struggled with that when I got rid of the AL in my house. I decided that it isn't really poison to everyone. I know people who can enjoy a drink once in a while without issue. I am not one of them. But if I didn't know anyone like that I would have pitched it. I remember somewhere in the beginning saying to myself well if you drank it, it would be gone, so what's the difference in pouring it out, either way it's gone!
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

And where is Steadfast? Steady, we miss you. :exclaim:

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

still making it but weakening by the minute! i need food. food is a good idea!
                        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Food is brilliant. Do whatever it takes girly it's worth every painful moment of it.
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Late to the party here, but eating, Girly, is the first line of defense!!
                            Once you are full and can hold no more, get rid of those bottles or they will sprout heads and start speaking in tongues! It is amazing the power getting rid of them will give you....it's a wonderful first step in taking your life back once and for all!
                            Dig your heels in and don't give in no matter what and no matter who. Nothing is worth losing another day to AL! Get it out and save your liver the trouble of processing it! We are all with you!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

god its so hard!!

grrrrrrrr!
                              The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi folks, Girly Wirly, getting food down you is a good idea. I know eating to excess is not a good lifestyle choice either but eating lots in an emergency situation like this is of huge importance. I, along with everyone else here, am on your side. Rooting for you girl.
                                "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Working...
                                X