Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

GW, it is were easy then sissies could do it!
    Do you like to cook at all? Can you whip up a batch of cookies? Something to take your mind off things? If all else fails, stop what you are doing and go to the bathroom! Just change the course of thinking....
    Sometimes it helped me to think if Oprah had offered me a million dollars, I bet I could find a way to get thru the night!!! Hang in there! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

really struggling. need food but too shaky and sweaty to cook
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Scratching this itch is just like poison ivy, it will only get worse....if you can get thru this, without scratching, you will heal up!

Can you order a pizza or some delicious Chinese? (or some so-so Chinese). Peanut butter is always good. What's up in the freezer?
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening fellow nesters,

I have been busy all day decorating a room for my mother - I think she thinks her son has been taken away and replaced by an alien. I think she likes the substitution. All I have to do now is keep going with my AFness and make up to her and everyone else in my family for my less than exemplary behaviour for the last couple of decades. Shit! Where does the time go and why do people put up with us for all the damage and distress we cause?

Girly Wirly - the sweats and the shakes are only temporary but dig your heels in and make sure they are not there tomorrow or the day after or the day after that...

Snap - so sorry to hear about your accident and I am glad you are all okay.

JDG - thanks for the encouraging words. They mean lots and help me fight on.

CocoFlo - you have pretty much summed up the story of my life - well at least a huge chunk of it. Thanks for the reminder.

Byrdie Thanks again for your advice: I was told that if drink is causing you problems then it's simple: you have a drinking problem.

Tees2 - so sorry to hear about your mother but isn't it amazing how the adversity has brought out the bond between you and Paul and helped you deliver great wisdom to us here this evening. Thanks and my best wishes and thoughts to you.

Sunflower - those were wise words about another day in hell and words that I am going to try hard to remember and work.

Got dinner in the oven so off to check it before I burn the house down. Set fire to it once before when drunk but it would be really embarrassing if I did it just about a week into my new life.

Speak soon

Neddy xx
          "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1535396 wrote: Scratching this itch is just like poison ivy....if you can get thru this, you will heal up!

Can you order a pizza or some delicious Chinese? (or some so-so Chinese). Peanut butter is always good. What's up in the freezer?
            ive got a microwave pizza ill have that!
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Do it! That's sounds tasty!! It'll stick to your ribs, too!!

Neddy, you sound GREAT!!! The new alien may be just what the doctor ordered! It is amazing the forgiveness that can happen once AL is out of the way. Rinse and Repeat!!! B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess

PS Tess I loved the story of you and your brother dancing. So sweet. You were right there for each other, that's so nice.
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

the cans in the hand. unopened. this is undoable. fighting hard!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pitch it girly and don't look back.
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

I put it back. Had food, distracting myself with the royal baby!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you, Girly Wirly. As you say yourself in your tagline, "the gut never lies" and deep down in your gut you knew that it would have been a mistake and you have listened and acted. So pleased for you and I just hope when the cravings come chasing me down that I will have your power.
                        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

We both can do this Girly Wirly!!!

Thank you so much for the encouragement No Sugar & 3June, it helps so much!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Girlywirly, Cocoflo, nice to see you both snug in the nest. Hang on, we are all here for you both. Every day will get a little better. Neddy, I am laughing so hard at your 'alien' analogy. So glad you were able to help your Mum out like that, and please don't burn the house down.

To everyone, because I am in the UK and finishing late this week, I find it hard to keep track of all the posts I have missed. I just want to say that you are all awesome. This place has been such a help to me over the last 17 days, thank you all. It's my birthday on Wednesday, and I am a little nervous. I know there are bound to be bottles as gifts, my plan is to pass them on to other, non problem drinkers as quickly as possible. I am also going out to a nice restaurant, my third social outing since my quit. I know the pressure will be on, as I will be the 'birthday girl'. I will arm myself as before, look forward to the food and making up for it at the gym the next day. I do NOT want to drink. I want to have a proper happy Birthday, probably my first in years without waking up hungover the next morning. That's the birthday present I deserve, more than anything.

To those on day 1, please hang in there, I feel like a different person from just a few short weeks ago, and I am making plans to improve my life on a daily basis. I can do that without AL and nicotine. I really can make massive changes and it's in us all to do so. From now on, I am fully aware of the choices I make and the implications involved, and I am taking full responsibility for my life and the choices I do make.
                            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Broken Halo - You sound awesome!! Nice work!! The Nest moves along very quickly and it's easy to miss posts. No worries. Most of us don't even attempt to read every chirp uttered, much less respond to all of them. We are all free to fly in and out as time allows and as we feel the need or desire to.

You are going to give yourself the best possible birthday gift: sobriety. I can hear in your voice the pride you feel for choosing
                              to live your life free of alcohol. When your birthday rolls around, stand tall and walk with a bit of attitude. It will be YOUR day. YOURS. And think of the absolute joy that you are going to feel the next morning. Some mornings I wake up, realize I am still sober, and just about burst with happiness!! Continue to choose happiness!! :chef: (This is you cooking breakfast the morning after your birthday. You are happy, proud, healthy, sober, and very very amazing!! And quite the cook!!)

Congrats on 17 life-changing AF Days!!
                              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                              pointed the way
                              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone

tess you are right this post does move very quick

keep it up everyone sorry don't have time to see what everyone is up to will come back later
                                have a good day

Comment

Working...
                                X