Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm off to bed now, whether I sleep or not we will see :-| at least it's a bit cooler tonight as it's raining for the first time in weeks in the scorching (for the UK) weather we've had recently

not such a bad day today. still a bit sweaty, but not shaky or high BP/HR, which is a huuuge improvement. got out to the supermarket & the health-food shop, so I've eaten better than recently & am full of supplements (feel like I should be rattling!)

anyway, thanks everyone for all the support today & see you in the morning

SD

Comment

Newbies Nest

LMAO Tess! The happy, proud and sober me I can see, but the cooking? :H

I'll have enough cash from the money I've saved from AL to bribe the local Deli!

Witts, keeping up is not so important as being here is. This place is a godsend, hope you are doing well

SD, I think it's about time you changed your screen name, you don't sound like a dumbass to me! Vits, plans, and another day under your belt. Sounds pretty smart to me!

I am off to bed, looking forward to another sober day. Goodnight everyone, stay safe, post, and be happy and proud of every little baby step. Post too if your not proud and are struggling, we have all been there. Newbies Nest, I can't thank you all enough. Goodnight :l
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I am off to bed soon now nesters. I am usually tucked up before now when I am off on holiday or I am lying in an absolute shambles. But not tonight I am glad to report.

Wherever you are in the world I hope everything goes good for you: whether it's a good night's sleep or a positive AF day I wish you all the best.

Broken Halo, it's good you are making plans what to do with the wet gifts you are going to get. You sound really sorted just now and are doing so well. I am sure we will catch up tomorrow on MWO but if for some reason we don't, have a great AF birthday on Wednesday. You inspire me greatly and your ideas on responsibility, choices and ability to change are enlightening and heartening. Thank you.

NM x
        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Some-D, I thought I heard you walking by a while ago!!! GREAT job, you!!!
          Tess, I loved your post, too. When we are drinking we just don't take the time to enjoy moments like that...or we don't remember them, in any case it's a shame. I'm glad you and Paul got some time together.
          Everyone doing so well, very proud of what we do here in this little place! Be safe tonight all. XO, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in for me tonight. I was watching that Rain documentary. Okay, that is scary.
            Halo, you are really doing great. Planning ahead is what wins the war. Keep up the great work.
            Neddy, i bet your mom is proud of your strength and courage.
            Tess glad you are spending quality time with Paul.
            Girly you need to fight this thing as though your life depends upon it. It does.
            That is my new battle cry. Especially after watching that documentary.
            Missing you Hadit.
            :guitar1:
            Have a good af one all.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Nest Friends,

It is an absolutely gorgeous evening here!! Hubs is on the front porch with the "pups" while I bid All of you a very pleasant goodnight.

girly - If you haven't already done so, please get rid of any alcohol in your living space. Until you've taken that step, you continue to "sleep with the enemy" -- literally. I'm holding good thoughts for you!!

Neddy - Your posts are so encouraging and endearing. I do believe you are going to be the happy beneficiary of a sober and purposeful life. Thank you for joining us in The Nest!!

Cocoflo - I look forward to getting to know you better. If you are serious about getting and staying sober (and you are!!), there is no better place to be than right here. Try to check-in morning and evening. You will be surrounded by others on the journey. We can do this together!!

witts end - I enjoy the way that you flit in and out of The Nest. You get a lot said with a few words. Good for you!! Stay strong and know that you are loved.

some-dumbass - It's lovely to hear from you!! Your sense of humor is appreciated. Sometimes we just need to laugh, right? I had dangerously high blood pressure/heart rate while I was a drinker, so high that I had to be hospitalized with heart disease. And I was in my 20s. Really sad. You will be surprised how quickly your body begins to heal once you stay off the sauce. And the supplements will help. Throw in a little walking, and you're all set. Way to go!!

broken halo - Okay, so you're not a chef. That's cool. I'm here to tell you that you will continue to be amazed with the amount of money you have in your pocket because you are not spending it on alcohol. It really adds up!! I mean, you could easily buy a professional oven from Viking or Electrolux or some groovy place like that!! But okay, you probably are not in the market for a professional oven...

Byrdie - You know, it is very nice to go to bed at night and actually remember what happened that day. Who would've thunk that was possible?!? I hope this has been a great day for you!! I'm keeping fingers crossed that JT will get a new toothbrush. :bigwink: Thanks for watching over all of us Little Peeps and keeping us safe!!

Lav - I'm thinking of you and your beautiful grandchildren and your "chicks with an attitude" and your little business that you run all by yourself. Thank you for taking time out of your day, every single day, to greet us in the morning and tuck us in at night. It means much more that you can probably begin to imagine. Hugs!!

ALL Nesters - please remember to use the butt Velcro before you go to sleep. We don't want anyone falling out of The Nest. And hey, it's hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, and free; so there's really no reason not to make good use of it.

Sweet Dreams ~
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                Long day for me but it was all good. Welcome back to those of you just returning. Make a plan & commit yourself to improving your lives. You will have nothing to fear & nothing to regret ~ promise

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

x post Goodnight Lil' Beagle. Every Nester should watch the documentary "Rain In My Heart" (I think that's the title). It made a "believer" out of me!! Alcohol is really scary stuff. REALLY SCARY STUFF. Drinking that crap is no different than swigging rat poison. Well, there is ONE difference: with alcohol the death process is usually slower, longer, and much more painful. And sometimes we kill other people in the process... Okay, stepping off of my soapbox. :soapbox:

Sorry Lil' Beagle, I kind of got worked-up there. I wish for you a peaceful goodnight. See ya tomorrow. ~
                  Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters, well that's me done my seven days and I am now on to day eight. Thanks to all of you who have inspired and encouraged me with your well wishes, advice and downright goodness.

Today might be my biggest challenge yet. I have promised to help a friend this evening pack up and move house but he is one of those people who can't do anything without a drink in his hand. I know that I could just not go but I won't do that. I said I would help s I am not letting him down. I just need to get the stuff done as quick as possible and get out of there. I will also slip in a wee white lie if necessary. That's better than letting someone down in my book; that's the kind of thing that would prey on my mind and send me back drinking out of guilt. I am just going to grit my teeth and get on with it. No pain; no gain.

Have a great day one and all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters! Neddy, massive well done on your seven days! If you need to tell a little white lie, so be it. It beats drinking. I am off to the gym shortly then a busy shift at work. Looking forward to both. I can't believe how much energy I have these days! (Still not in the market for a professional oven though Tess, I'll leave the burning the house down to Neddy!)

Ihope everyone has an awesome day, Girly and Coco, I hope you are both doing so much better than yesterday. Stay strong everyone and have a fab Tuesday
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a great day at work BH. I'll let you know how the white lie goes. I am off for a sauna and a swim soon. Still trying to eradicate all the toxins from deep inside but I am getting there and I too am feeling more energetic by the day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

Neddy, congratulations on your seven days! A lot of people say they are on medication or something like that. Having a plan for these events is so important.

I'd also like to chime in on the Rain in My Heart documentary. It's very, very good. I watched it right after coming to this site. It makes it pretty hard to romanticize alcohol.

Girly, how are you doing today?

Have a great AF day!
                          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

I ended up drinking on Saturday - 2 beers and 2 small vodka and cokes. At home. Alone. Sad.

No one was about. I was stood up by a 'friend'. I was angry, tired and lonely.

Dammit.

But, if there is any good come from it, I know that I do not want to drink in social situations. That I need to manage my own emotions better. The reptile/monkey brain got the better of me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner - don't beat yourself up. We have all been there. Just get up and look forward, not back.

Have you heard of HALT - Hungry - Angry - Lonely - Tired. These are big triggers for many of us. Do your best to stay full, stay calm, rest often, and engage with people who love you. It's good advice all the time, but especially in the early days of your quit.
                              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Rainy day over here.
                                Not much new going on, still getting ready for the big move.
                                Hope all is well in the nest!
                                My professor called and woke us up after 11:30pm! It scared me because it was so late.
                                She is also very forgetful about assignments, grading and getting back to us when we have questions.
                                I actually wondered if she drinks, because her behavior is so odd!
                                Anyway, have a great day!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X