Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Broken Halo and Piper, well done on three weeks. Fantastic and something for me to aspire to.

JDG well done on 30 days AF and I am really sorry about all the family situation. As BH says you are doing so well and can handle difficulties better when you are sober.

Going to go to bed soon. My electronic mouse is playing up - might be the batteries so I'll check it out in the morning. Best wishes to you all.

NM
    "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night Neddy, hope the shopping went well today. Did you get some fancy new duds?
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes I did BH. Some new jeans, a couple of suits for work, new training shoes - the works! I actually went through to Edinburgh for the day and took a guided tour bus round the city. It's amazing that it's only an hour away yet it's so much different from our neck of the woods. Didn't even feel the need to go for a drink. I went for a nice Italian meal instead washed down with sparkling water and do you know what? It was fantastic! I really don't mind my own company, it's just that I used to not mind it with at least three bottles of wine. It wasn't like that today I'm glad to report.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds like you had an amazing day and are in a good place, Neddy. I haven't been to Edinburgh for a while (usually too hungover for the drive before!) I used to work there and I have a grudging sort of affection for the place lol. So glad you had a good day
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks BH, I did have a great day and I am going to have a great day tomorrow as well!

Sleep well

NM xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can I call it a day now? Great coogly moogly, who let ALL the nuts out today at work!!!
              JDG, I'm sorry you are having such troubles...all I know to do is hold you close in thought. Great job on staying the course....AL isn't going to do anything to add to the situation ...just make it 1000 times worse, as you already know. I'm so proud of you...only someone who has gone thru this can appreciate how far you've come. Hugs dear lady.
              I'm going to go let Calgon take me away!!! Yes, there IS joy in a bubble bath!!!
              I should add something to my tag line...."all you gotta do is get thru this day without killing a customer!" XXOO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all and especially Byrdy,sorry for not being around a lot (or at all) but life is getting in the way a lot lately.First and foremost, I am stone cold sober and know without any doubt I shall remain that way for the rest of my life thanks to this site and the people here.Havnt been around for 2 reasons ,first i'm in the process of set up a small business which is consuming all my time but the main reason is i think is that as a now non drinker I now no longer want or need to spend hours (as I was)talking reading typing or thinking about alcohol.alcohol is no longer a part of my life and sadly because I like this site and the people who use it I no longer want it to be a part of my life either .I realised when i came back from a holiday with no internet access that although I spent alot of time in pubs I had no desire to drink and in fact did;nt even think about it,yet when I did return and started to read here again I started to do nothing else.Not in a "I want to drink way"but just thinking about something that does'nt exist for me anymore.So for that reason its goodbye from me .Thank you all who helped me get to this place,but especially Kuya and first and foremost BYRDY,.Trish ,for me you were the one more than most who got me sober and most importantly kept me there.You're kindness, wisdom, thoughtfulness, compassion, encouragement and no bullshit approach literally saved my life ,my marriage and my soul,
                To me you are a saint and I love you for what you did for me and all the others.Patrick
                AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

JackDanielsGirl;1536504 wrote: ...I am absolutely devastated, scared, and really pissed off:damn:... Love JDG
                  Dear Jack Daniel's Girl,

For starters, you are NOT Jack Daniel's girl. I've said it before, gonna say it again, you are not Jack Daniel's girl. I don't want to be Jack Daniel's girl. And I don't want you to be Jack Daniel's girl. So... I'm changing JDG to: J - Jovial, D - Delightful, G - Graceful. That's what I'm going to think of when I think of you. To hell with Jack Daniel.

Now, you are in a terrible life situation. It's awful beyond description. And according to the laws of the land you are entitled to get wasted -- totally drunk out of your mind. Who would blame you?? Many of us have not had to endure what you are now faced with.

However, before you start chugging alcohol, take a moment to picture tomorrow morning: headache, nausea, shame, anxiety, self-reproach, remorse, hopelessness. Your husband will probably take the opportunity to blame the family problems on you, thus adding to your shame and anger.

Also, I am personally going to come over to your place and kick your ass!!

If you haven't started drinking already, don't do it!! If you have started drinking, know that you are very much loved (but still gonna get a good ass-kickin').

JDG, you are such a delight. And I am so very sorry for the misery that you are living. But my friend and Fellow Nester, hang out with us. We love you so much!! We're not perfect but we make pretty good company.

Stay in touch. ~
                  Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1536587 wrote: Hi all and especially Byrdy... BYRDY,.Trish ,for me you were the one more than most who got me sober and most importantly kept me there.You're kindness, wisdom, thoughtfulness, compassion, encouragement and no bullshit approach literally saved my life ,my marriage and my soul... To me you are a saint and I love you for what you did for me and all the others.Patrick
                    Hi Patrick,

Byrdie will be along shortly, no doubt. I want to wish you a fond farewell; a beautiful journey forward in the land of Free From Alcohol. I am so happy for you and very proud of you!! You will be missed but remembered with happiness. Thank you for telling us of your adventures. Many blessings, Patrick, and we will see you on the other side. ~
                    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick....no words can describe how your note makes me feel! I was only paying forward what Lav did for me. I am SO proud of you and your accomplishments. God speed my friend... I know you will be just fine. If there is ever a time you need me, just reach out. Thank you so much for checking in!! All my love and admiration, Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sigh,
                        I am so overwhelmed with all your positive posts today. Byrdie love the hat it is perfect.
                        and a great fit.

Tess 2 your posts means so much too me. NO absolutely not drinking. Yes I do have every right but not a right I am going to embrace. Its so not worth it.

I love AF life, don't love the things going on but I believe with the power of God WE me you and everyone else will survive this madness and come out the other side stronger, wiser, and healthier, so we can help the newest fledglings.

I love the nest, and everyone here.
                        Very emotional right now, oh BTW family was like oh 30 days, and the conversation continued on other subjects. Its ok my family here is super excited for me and that is enough.
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG, I swear me must be married to the same man!!!! I get so much crap for being a drinker, my husband is holier than thou because he was able to quit smoking weed many years ago... He always apologizes for saying hateful things in front of the kids, but I seriously doubt he means it.

I sincerely hope everything goes ok for you and your kids!!!!!
                          How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink? ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm feeling the love in our comfy nest!
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG, great attitude girl...
                              Someone asked a couple days ago and I just remembered....MAE means, Morning, Afternoon, or Evening, whichever applies. Now you know! B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there everyone, just a big thanks for the re-welcome (!). Some great posts and much love on here, as always, just love having a dig around, always inspiration and heartbreak, and hope that we can all come out the other side. Day 3 for me today, and my bank account looks pittifull! Normally I'd prioritise my shopping list to suit my own needs, that changes from today. A healthy soup is on, gonna make some bread, and looking forward to a cozy night in with the old tea pot. There's enough money for the essentials, so that will be fine. Slept so much last night, feel a bit fuzzy today so just taking it easy. Much love to everyone, have a great weekend xxxNoodlexxx

Comment

Working...
                                X