Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Gosh, I am SO happy to see you, K9!!! I am so excited about your new addition!! I hope that everything is turning around for you now! We have all missed you something awful! We can't wait to see the new baby! My dog is celebrating her 6th Birthday today! I wish we lived closer and could do a play date for the kids!!! Hugs to you!

Mandie!! 7 days and a full moon! You have arrived!!!! GREAT GOING!

Lasha, I'm so glad to hear your news! Day 13 was a game changer for me. I fell twice before on day 12....I just didn't know if I'd have hung in there one more day, I might have made it! I'm so proud of you!!

Everyone sounds good and strong as we head into the weekend!! Hugs all, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi everyone!

Well done on your 7 days mandiekinz, that's awesome! Lasha, so glad you made it to 13, Byrdie was right. I felt it was a turning point in so many ways. Glad you are feeling good, and if you've still got that paintbrush handy my spare room could do with a freshen up! Great job Lasha!

Hello Tess, Gardener, Byrdie, Lav, and wb K9, so sorry you have had such a hard time, but it sounds like good things are just around the corner!

Neddy, what kind of curry are you making? I am having cod with steamed veg tonight. Yum!

I had a great day at work, went straight to the gym and had a wonderful sauna afterwards. I have a slight change of plan for tomorrow. Instead of my retail therapy I am going to visit friends who have a cabin at Loch Lomond. It's beautifully situated and they are not drinkers, so hopefully the weather will be okay and we can get some good walking in. A few weeks ago I would have said no, but it sounds wonderful right now. I won't be staying overnight though. I don't want to stray too far from the Nest just yet.

I am feeling very positive about the weekend, the plan is to keep busy, meditate a LOT, and spend quality time with dear friends with a clear and sober head. I'm off now to massacre this cod fillet, I'll check back later :H
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

You sound very strong, broken halo. Very strong!! You make me proud!! :giggle: Part of the healing process is wanting to spend time with people who are non-drinkers or casual drinkers (that is, they can take it or leave it, no big deal). Even if the weather is not okay, BH, you will be with FRIENDS who support your new life choices. Way to go!! Good work!! Be happy, be very happy, you are on the path to freedom!! :naughtfeet:
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, my drinker's brain used to shy away from these people. Madness, I know. People who actually love me for me, and not that false representation of myself that AL likes to show the world. I am starting to love myself again Tess, to see what I actually have to offer. And it's a lot. Sweet dreams :l
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

D.A- I have the same problem with Friday and Saturday nights.... the weekend has ALWAYS meant drinking. Sadly, tonight I don't hold much hope for myself as I am going to my friends house to get waxed and she always has beer on hand (makes it hurt less). Maybe she will be out of beer. It's the worst since it is so fattening.

Congrats Mandiekinz on 7 days!! You must be feeling great!

K9-I am happy you have a new doggie! I have a Basset Hound and FOUR Boston Terriers. They rule the house. But I adore them, farting and all. (Bostons are gassy creatures).

I have no good report for last night..... somehow I got it into my head that I could have one shot after a tense 2 hours at the dentist with my son. Well, then I got it into my head that I might as well finish the bottle so it wouldn't tempt me anymore. Luckily there wasn't much in there. But I felt headachey this morning, which is extremely rare. I rarely get hangovers. Maybe this is a SIGN.......
            How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink? ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm watching the Rain In My Heart documentary on the other computer in my home office. I'm on the first installment. The doctor is saying, "The liver is affected, yes. But there is NOT ONE ORGAN in the body that is not damaged by alcohol." And now... the doctor is saying that someone else has a very short time to live as the result of alcohol. That 'someone' is a young person.

What is it going to take, Dear Friends?? When are we going to pull our heads out of the sand and realize that they are talking about us??

I wonder when we are going to stop pretending that this is going to happen to someone else, not us. When are we not going to want to die?? When it's too late,... probably.

I used to volunteer with hospice. Though I was young and mostly dumb and a drunk, I would sober-up for hospice work. I wanted to be with those facing death. I wanted to give comfort and love. But I was also curious. Curious about the process of death. Here's what I learned: for a few people it is a beautiful process. For most it is a battle to the end.

But for ALL, for ALL, it is something that is going to happen to someone else, not me.

Seriously, my friends, it is time to wake up. We must see alcohol abuse for what it is: a death sentence. Yes, you. Yes, not long from now.

But there is hope. Tremendous hope. We can help each other. We can journey together. There is medical help. We have a chance to choose life while the choosing is good.

Choose life. Please stop drinking alcohol.

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all!

Tess you are absolutely right about the detrimental (deadly) effect of alcohol on those of us who have a tendency to go over the top and Rain in my Heart is a real wake up call - well it certainly was to me.

BH, glad you have a good plan in order for tomorrow; it sounds like you are going to have fun. I hope the cod was good - I made a vegetable biryani and it was pretty good even if I do say so myself!

Going to get an early night (well for a Friday - usually I'd roll home about 4 or 5 of the clock!) so that I can have another super day. I'm having lots of good days now since I have tackled my overindulgence.

Sleep well those of you on my side of the world and have a good day those of you in a different part of the world.

NM
                "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, those documentaries are powerful. You're right, those people HAVE the same disease we do....maybe just further down the road. It's a sorry destination. Get off that bus NOW...you can change how the story ends! Together, we have strength!

Scarlett, I hope you are able to not take that drink your friend offers. Because this is always going to happen in life, it is up to US to refuse to put it in our mouths. Nothing changes if nothing changes...it ALL starts with NO, THANKS! Be strong...wishing and hoping won't make it happen in our world, we have to make the hard choices to get to where we need to be. JDG said it so well on roll call, it isn't the last drink that's the problem, it's the first!! I like that....it's so true. I hope you will just say NO, HELL NO! AL will not take another day of MY LIFE! We will all be right by your side....Maybe start shaving right now instead of waxing!! Ouch. :moustache:

Stay strong....Friday's just another day in the week! You'll be so glad when you wake up tomorrow with another AF day to your credit! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess that was what we all need to hear it's time we all wake up and stop killing ourselves

we all need to remember it's our choice to drink or not .......and time to stop making excuses .......we can all say NO THANKYOU I"D RATHER NOT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1536943 wrote: Tess, those documentaries are powerful. You're right, those people HAVE the same disease we do....maybe just further down the road...
                      And maybe not that much further down the road, my sweet Byrdie. Some of us may be running neck-to-neck with some of the dear people who agreed to be filmed on the documentary.

You see, that's what we do: We pretend that it's always someone else, not us. It's definitely NOT US.

But some of us are quite a ways down the road. Time to pull over. Time to do a U-turn. Time to choose life.

Big Hugs and Much Love to All. ~

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am tired, tired of trying, tired of trying to prove myself. Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I am through! Love you all, Tess 2, lav, birdie see you on the flip side.

muah,
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG, what's going on?? Talk to us....Let us know how to help! B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG,
                            Please post and let us know what is going on.
                            You are in a tough situation, we know, but there is a way out.
                            Please take care of yourself. :l NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear JDG, I want to see you NOW. Not on the flip side. We are friends. Please trust me. Talk to me. I love you so very much!! No matter what has happened, no matter what is happening, you are precious to me. Let's talk.

The man pulling radishes
                              pointed the way
                              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG
                                please communicate with someone on this list you feel close to; Tess, Lav, Birdie, or someone else. It feels imperative that you "talk" to someone here. We all think you are very special.
                                SS
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X