Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

We are all hoping to see your green light back on JDG....
    We know you are in deep water...but keep swimming....we'll do whatever we can to help. Please hang in with us. B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG....hope that you come back.....other people's crappy attitudes are not worth it.

Yesterday went to lunch with coworkers for a retirement party. They were all pretty down as they got the call that an old coworker (before my time) has days to live....dying from alcoholism. As truly sad as this is....I found the same people who joke about drunks.....saying how devastating addiction is. I always find it odd when people can talk about the enjoyment of drinking, then make fun of people who drink too much, then when it is someone they care about....they talk about how devastating alcohol is.

Truly sad though because this guy was sober for 20 years, got divorced and then mixed up with a woman who encouraged him to drink. One started again he could not stop....and of course the woman high tailed out of his life as soon as he got sick. A good reminder that I am responsible to stay sober....and that means forever. Never let myself talk me into it, much less anyone else.

I still feel "wonky" walking out of work on a Friday. Not delusional thinking like I was on Wednesday. Found a break up song on the radio. It was dead on about me breaking up with alcohol. It's hard, I will still think of him, but he is an ass and I am much stronger without him

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just pulling up to the nest in the sober bus - room for everyone here!

JDG, I am so sorry you are feeling so down, please let us know what's going on. You have a great big group of friends here who love you & want the best for you :l

Mandie, Congrats on your 7 AF days, great work

SF, you are absolutely right - AL IS AN ASS!!!!!
        I kicked it out of my life 4 1/2 years ago & it was THE best thing I have ever done

K9, welcome back! So glad to see your happy face
        Good luck with your new doggie & take things easy at work!

Keep up the great work everyone, you'll never be sorry! Wishing a safe night in the nest for one & all.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav....AL is the biggest ass I know. Liar, liar pants on fire

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jdgirl please let us know you are ok. We are worried about you. Please don't let someone else's bad attitude derail you.
            Sf I love the break up song thing. That is how it feels. But like dumping a real losing using abusing cheating ass#%&#!!
            Bhalo I wish I could go with you. That sounds beautiful.
            Have a great af day tomorrow Neddy.
            I am going to check back in a while on jdgirl.
            K9 glad you are back and I am glad you are getting such a sweet little guy. I love dogs. I made 2more doggie friends today. A puggle and a King Charles Spaniel. One cat friend too.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! Just getting ready for my day on the bonnie banks. JDG, please post and let us know how you are doing sweetie.

SF, it is a break up, and you are far better off without that ***hole in your life!

Hi LB, Lav, Byrdie, Sam, NS, Neddy, and everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will check in when I get back tonight.
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning friends,

JDG - I hope you get back on track soon. You have worked so hard and there are so many people here who care for you and will try their best to help.

SF - your comments about people's attitudes towards addiction are spot on. I think it's disgusting the way people look upon addicts. I know I took my first drink and that no-one twisted my arm to keep going but quitting is so hard for people like us and yet the ignorant masses are so lucky that their brain chemistry doesn't function like ours. I have battled this thing for years.

BH - have a great day. I was actually going to climb Ben Lomond today but I bought myself an Edinburgh walking tours book so I am going back there to do one of the suggested walks, hopefully take in a bit of culture and educate myself a little bit.

NS, Byrdie, Lav, LB, and everyone else who I have missed, have an absolutely wonderful day.

NM
                "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone, Just checking in to say Hi. Been out of the nest for a while. My computer died and I have just got another. Having a af Sat night watching football. Hope you are all doing well. Catch up tomorrow.:ll

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Up a bit too early for a Saturday, oh well. My doggies had other plans

Hope to hear from you very soon JDG :l

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Saturday!
                    It's cooler outside now so I'll be heading out to tackle the weeds in my garden & see if I can find my veggie plants

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi y'all!

Good to see you K9, and you too Hadit.

Hope you're ok there JD Girl.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical weekend.

Passing the fresh butt velcro to the right. Yo

x-post. Hiya Lav!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys,
                        I am here. Let me first of all say sorry I made any of you worry. I am still AF 32 days today. I know what it is like when one of us is in trouble and disappears. Again sorry.

I had an entire tray of AL spilled on me yest at work and my hubs kids etc all thought I had been drinking, it was the first day in 32 that I have driven by myself. Only went to work and home. I do understand their frustration; however, give me break.

I was so terrified when I was arrested for DUI there is no way in H__L I will drive drinking or drink. I understand it takes time for the trust to rebuild, but right now I don't even see a glimmer.

I do love you all soooooo very much, and again thank you for caring.

Tess=2 you are welcome to kick my arse for making you all worry.

Love and kisses,
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

TheSunFlower;1536988 wrote:

Yesterday went to lunch with coworkers for a retirement party. They were all pretty down as they got the call that an old coworker (before my time) has days to live....dying from alcoholism. As truly sad as this is....I found the same people who joke about drunks.....saying how devastating addiction is. I always find it odd when people can talk about the enjoyment of drinking, then make fun of people who drink too much, then when it is someone they care about....they talk about how devastating alcohol is.
                          SunFlo, this is so true I wish I could post it in lights somewhere. The stigma attached to ALK is alive and well. Several weeks ago, I went to dinner at a neighbor's house. She is dating another neighbor...they ALL drink like fish. But I know this and expected it, so I had my good reasons to be AF ready. At the end of the dinner when ALL of them were slurring their speech and drinking one after the other, they brought up another neighbor of ours....they said, 'You know Connie's an ALCOHOLIC, don't you?' I said, NO WAY! 'Yes, drinks all the time....' I thought 'what the hell do YOU do?' Here they sat just totally WASTED and drinking more and talking about HER in hushed tones! Like there was just NO HOPE for her! I thought, THIS is why I don't tell people I'm an ALKIE!!! They'd be sitting here talking about me like that....and these people have every bit as much problem as Connie or I do!!! Unbelievable what we will say and believe to keep addiction alive. As virtually the only sober person there...(hubs had a couple or 3), it was an eye opener...even to him.
                          We are heading to Charleston, SC to visit my step daughter and SIL. I have nicknamed him Google...he knows ALL!!! Anyway...they are drinkers...(not heavy, but not light, either) Hubs asked me why I didn't fess up to them at least...I said, this is MY business...why do you think I need to tell everybody??? (what's with HIM???) I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable drinking around me....maybe some are ok with telling it, but I'm private I guess. We'll be back tomorrow....
                          Hope everyone has a safe and AF Sattidy!!! Thinking of you ALL....I'll check in on my phone and if I can see the tiny letters...scribble a post. Hugs all!! Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG, JDG!!! I'm so glad to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were all so worried!!! I am so glad you got thru all of that!! Dam, the things that can happen when you are innocent! I'm so sorry that you were put to the test but so glad to hear you fought thru it.

Here is my biggest and best hug!!! (((((((JDG))))))))! Halleloooooya!!! XXOO, B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks B
                              Again sorry to make yall worry.
                              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JGG - just stay put & we will all support you & trust you

It does take time for those around us to trust us once again. Just stay focused & grow stronger in your quit day by day The others will come around in their own time!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X