Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi JDG!!! I'm so very happy to see you in The Nest!!! Aww, I'm not gonna kick your arse, I just talk big. Nope. I'm just going to love you as my sweet Nest Friend. Girl, you have been through SO much. And I'm very sorry for all of your pain. But you are STILL Jovial, Delightful, and Graceful!! Hold on tight, things have GOT to get better for you. Big Hugs!!!
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

So glad to see you hadit and G-man.
      Jdgirl I'm just glad the al was on you and not in you.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

afternoon nesters

JDG - good to see you back, you gave us a scare there for a while

bit of a slip for me last night. the friday night gremlins got to me & I drank a bottle of wine, so I'm back to day1 again. could have been worse, friday nights are usually 3+ bottles & I'd be into another bottle by now (sat afternoon). anyway, I'm not feeling any desire to drink tonight, so back on the wagon ...

SD

Comment

Newbies Nest

JackDanielsGirl;1536972 wrote: I am tired, tired of trying, tired of trying to prove myself. Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I am through! Love you all, Tess 2, lav, birdie see you on the flip side.

muah,
          JDG
          JDG I had nightmares last night. Please remember that we are helpless and when you post this way it scares everybody. So glad today is a better day and that you got though your darkness. Have you considered a different career path? I can't imagine working in an environment where alcohol is so in your face. I hope your family comes around soon, maybe just talking with them about it more would help? Tell them you want this time to be forever and you need their support?

Have a good weekend and stay close!
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

JDG - so glad to see you with us. It must have been a terrible situation and you have dealt with it wonderfully.

I met a drinking buddy at the shop a little earlier on and he asked me to go for a few. I told him "No." He asked why not and I told him, "I am not drinking alcohol again and I am never going to change my mind about it." He replied, "Well, you do realise you will lose all your friends?" So I told him straight, "At least this way I'll find out who my friends are." He looked at me rather quizzically and told me he would give me a phone sometime. I won't hold my breath.

Hope you are all doing well nesters.

Neddy
            "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy good for you. I think every time we say it out loud our resolve gets that little bit stronger. I also think in time we will be able to socialize with drinkers, those we want to be around in any case. I find as long as I have an out (can leave when they start getting stupid) I'm ok! That said, I haven't had as many social engagements this month as last, and next month I am off weekends again, so it will be a new challenge.

I wonder if you said to that drinking buddy, no I'm not up for going for a pint but hey are you interested in a bike ride, movie, walk, swim, (insert your own idea of a fun time here) how he would react?
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3J, I think the quizzical look would be replaced by disdain.

Not that it bothers me because I am reclaiming my life bit by bit. I am not na?ve though. I have been here before, but to borrow your word, resolve, I am more resolute than I have ever been and enjoying my life more than I have for what seems an age.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy, his loss then eh? Good to hear you're enjoying life and that your planning for success is working out so well. So how is the weather? Hillwalking or the movies?
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone!

Welcome back JDG and hadit, good to see you both posting and AF JDG, your family will come round to seeing you AL free. Just keep at it and prove them wrong. Hello G man, it's always nice to see you pop into check on us.

Neddy, you are growing very fond of Edinburgh these days! What walk did you do? As for your 'friend', you handled that so well, and you are absolutely right. You will find out who the people who really care about you are.

I had a lovely day at the Loch with my friends. The scenery was stunning and always makes me feel humble somehow. There were one or two showers but nothing major and I got a good walk in too. All that fresh air has left me starving hungry and a wee bit tired, but in a good way.

3J, it's really hard for me to take drunk people now. It reminds me of how obnoxious AL makes me. It's like a full blown personality transplant with me! Over the last three weeks my biggest gain has been that I rediscovered that I actually like myself, no LOVE myself as a person. How could I have forgotten that?

Tess, Byrdie, Lav, Sam, LB, SD, Neddy, 3J, SDG and everyone. I am so glad to have you all here. You have no idea how much this place has helped me. Off to grab some food, I'll check in later xx
                    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Neddy - What you said to your friend took a lot of courage. I am proud of you and very happy for you!! Yes, you will find who your true friends are. Many people are just looking for someone to drink with. Drinking alone, especially in a public place, is not much fun. Not only will you find who your friends are, Neddy, but you will make new friends. Sober friends. And that's what we need in our lives, no matter how much we may enjoy our own company. I have met some fantastic people since becoming sober. Some of them are previous drinkers and some of them have never had a drinking problem. ALL of them support me 100% and I do the same for them. Yes, enjoy YOUR life!! :coolbubble:

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Broken Halo - Hugs to you!! You forgot that you LOVE yourself because alcohol sucks the life and love right out of us. It destroys our bodies, yes, but it destroys our spirit first. I am so happy that you had a lovely day with your friends. Ah, the exercise and fresh air have revived you. Of course you are hungry!! Have a good meal, relax a bit, and stay with us in The Nest. You are an inspiration!! :heart:

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1537163 wrote: Neddy, his loss then eh? Good to hear you're enjoying life and that your planning for success is working out so well. So how is the weather? Hillwalking or the movies?
                          Weather was great for the most part 3J. Did neither of the above. Took myself off to Edinburgh with a guided walking book and roamed around there for a good few hours.

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1537164 wrote: Hello everyone!

Welcome back JDG and hadit, good to see you both posting and AF JDG, your family will come round to seeing you AL free. Just keep at it and prove them wrong. Hello G man, it's always nice to see you pop into check on us.

Neddy, you are growing very fond of Edinburgh these days! What walk did you do? As for your 'friend', you handled that so well, and you are absolutely right. You will find out who the people who really care about you are.

I had a lovely day at the Loch with my friends. The scenery was stunning and always makes me feel humble somehow. There were one or two showers but nothing major and I got a good walk in too. All that fresh air has left me starving hungry and a wee bit tired, but in a good way.

3J, it's really hard for me to take drunk people now. It reminds me of how obnoxious AL makes me. It's like a full blown personality transplant with me! Over the last three weeks my biggest gain has been that I rediscovered that I actually like myself, no LOVE myself as a person. How could I have forgotten that?

Tess, Byrdie, Lav, Sam, LB, SD, Neddy, 3J, SDG and everyone. I am so glad to have you all here. You have no idea how much this place has helped me. Off to grab some food, I'll check in later xx
                            Hi BH, glad you had such a great day. Well it's only an hour's drive and gets me out of the way of potentially unsavoury situations. I walked through the Botanics, along the water of Leith and then down to Ocean Terminal. I had lunch a The King's Wark pub. Vegetarian Haggis washed down with sparkling mineral water. That was the first pub my dad ever took me for a pint so it was a wee bit nostalgic.

All in all a good day. Tired too, but happy.

NM x

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just wolfed down half a chicken chow mein :H

Thank you Tess, you are so right about the life sucking thing. As a sober person I know my strengths, and I actually have a lot of them. AL makes you think differently, exploits your every little weakness till you think you are worthless and only good for betting drunk and feeling sorry for yourself. That is the polar opposite to who I actually am, but I fell for it.

Neddy it,sounds like you had a really good day, again! Veggie haggis sounds good, I don't like 'real' haggis at all, but I would be up for trying a veggie option. Nice that you ate in the pub that held fond memories for you.

I am going to watch some TV and keep a wee eye out on the Nest to see what's happening. My plan tomorrow is getting up early-ish and head off to the gym, I seem to have lost my appetite and found a horses this past week!:H I better do some extra running!
                              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning everyone glad your all doing well

Comment

Working...
                                X