Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Neddy - I'm happy to hear that the poem worked to lull you back to sleep. :H Actually, it may be your healthy new lifestyle kicking in. Nice work on your part!! Yes, we are usually quite soggy in Seattle. However, we have not had measurable precipitation for the last 30 days. Today things are changing a bit with a forecast of 10% of an inch of rain. Not much by our standards!! Still, a tiny sip for my plants. :flower: We don't typically spend much time 'round here watering our lawns or anything else... Have a delightful day!!
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

You might be right, Tess, my new healthy lifestyle is probably helping no end.

I have been doing some moderate exercise for the past couple of weeks or so now and I am ready, like Broken Halo, to start going out running. I used to be a very keen runner, but then something happened - oh yes, I became an alkie!
      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1537475 wrote: Hi Tess, the gym has been a major motivator with me with the AL and the cigarettes. I have rediscovered how much I love exercising, and it's not nearly as enjoyable when your system is full of poison! I had to give it up last year when my Mum had her stroke. Well I didn't have to, but I did. I was deep in AL's grip at that point. Mum passed away in March and I didn't cope well with that either.

Now I am back at the gym and I am surprising myself with how much I can do and really enjoying it. I hope you manage to get back to your yoga and exercise more often. I used to a bit of yoga myself but I just love running these days, it really inspires me for some reason.

Tess, it is such a tough time for you, yet you are always positive and inspiring with your posts. I loved the Kipling poem

Neddy, glad to read that you got back to sleep after your noisy neighbour incident. I hope you are having a good Sunday.

I loved spending some time with my daughter today. Plan for the evening is a quiet night, TV, do my nails, have a bath and get my stuff ready for work tomorrow. Oh, and NOT drinking anything stronger than green tea!
        Hi Broken Halo,

I have had a good day so far. Had a bit of a lie-in after last night's commotion and did a spot of decorating today for my daughter who has just moved into a new house. She could not believe it when she saw me, "Oh my God, Dad! You look great." There must be something to this chucking booze malarkey right enough. Tonight's plan is to go out for a coffee and read the newspaper, then come home and have a bath and a good night's sleep.

NM

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy Merrill;1537479 wrote: You might be right, Tess, my new healthy lifestyle is probably helping no end.

I have been doing some moderate exercise for the past couple of weeks or so now and I am ready, like Broken Halo, to start going out running. I used to be a very keen runner, but then something happened - oh yes, I became an alkie!
          :H This made me chuckle Neddy!
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Broken Halo and Neddy, I get such happiness from your posts this morning.

BH - You're right on: Exercise is NOT enjoyable with a body full of poison. :yuk: For me, nothing in life was enjoyable while floating in toxicity. But I was stuck in it for a relatively long time. I'm very sad to hear about your Mum. The loss of a mother brings such terrible sadness. I can't quite picture it yet -- my mind won't let me go there.

Neddy - There IS something to the chucking booze malarkey right enough!!! :jumpin: Once the booze is out of our house and then out of our lives
            we begin to feel the power and freedom that is our birthright. Lace-up those running shoes and enjoy the scenery!!

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy you are sounding so good, who knew that having a bath and a good night's sleep could be so alluring! Your day sounds so serene, what a difference a few weeks makes! I have relatives in Scotland, but never visited. I will some day, and I look forward to exploring those same places you talk of.

Tess I am thinking about your question and mulling. A very good question, might even be worth its own thread? I didn't realize you're in Seattle. First thought? Grey's Anatomy!

had it, glad you're going well and getting comfortable with meals out without AL. It's a learning curve we're on, sharing helps a lot.

broken halo enjoy your shopping! I need to get out and get some groceries too. I actually like shopping these days as I have convinced myself that all the money I save on AL can be spent on specialty items without an ounce of guilt!

JDG I hope you can find another line of work, the environment must be tough. Can you try a temp agency perhaps? How is the employment situation in your area?

Lav glad you had a good sleep! Always a pleasure to see you pop in and check on the nest!

I'm off for four days now, no plans, I need to get something happening. It's tough when everyone you know is working and you're off. I will putter a little, maybe go visit a friend who can't get out, I'm this close to visiting my friend's cottage alone, I miss the lake so much!

Scarlett I hope you are reading all you can, and that you will find the strength you need to get through some more AF days, the longer we are AF the better our perspective. Like NS says no need to hit bottom, why not get out before that? Take that bookmark as a sign. The serenity prayer talks about things you can not change, right? if that's the prayer I am thinking of) but this is something you can change.

guitarista self worth, self esteem, that knowledge that you deserve to be happy, I think you're on to something there. I wonder how many of us have grown up feeling like we're worth less than others?

Little beagle 90 days wow congratulations!! That's fabulous!

Pinecone, K9 good to see you again! Whoever I missed, I am happy to know you're here and posting and reading, it is the road to our freedom!
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

The shoes are laced, the T-shirt is draped, the jogging trousers are folded and primed ready for action! Can anyone hear the Rocky theme tune playing?

Look for me running up the steps of Kelvingrove Art Gallery with a pack of kids chasing after me tomorrow morning!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy LOL you're pumped! Eye of the Tiger! Go for it! I hope you have a grey hoodie!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

I do! I must look it out!

Comment

Newbies Nest

3J, if you do come to Scotland, look me up!

Tess, glad we could make you smile :l

Neddy, I am coming up the West End tomorrow to get this on film! :H
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1537496 wrote: 3J, if you do come to Scotland, look me up!

Tess, glad we could make you smile :l

Neddy, I am coming up the West End tomorrow to get this on film! :H
                        I'll be the one with the grey hoodie and the nebuliser!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy Merrill;1537486 wrote: The shoes are laced, the T-shirt is draped, the jogging trousers are folded and primed ready for action! Can anyone hear the Rocky theme tune playing?...
                          I hear the tune NOW. :notes: You are too funny!!

I feel inspired to resurrect my yoga wear. I started back to Bikram yoga (hot yoga) when I got sober in January. It's a sweaty business -- not pretty!! But the results are quite nice: I've lost about 80 of the 100 or so pounds that I gained while chugging beer.

A couple of the gals in the group that meets in my home have asked why I stuck with beer once I realized that I was packing on so much weight. Well, I tried wine, which I hated. Then I tried "spirits" (hard liquor), which I hated too. And for some odd reason neither wine nor "the strong stuff" gave me a buzz like beer. I have no idea why. Actually, I detest the taste of beer too. Honestly!! Just the thought of any alcoholic beverage makes me want to gag. But once we're hooked, we're hooked.

Okay, tomorrow it is!! You running up the steps of Kelvingrove Art Gallery and me sweating it out for 90 minutes in the "hot room." :toohot: Broken Halo, will you have a chance to run tomorrow? Or hit the gym??

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am 100% behind you Neddy, the paramedics on standby are merely a precaution! You can do this!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1537503 wrote: I hear the tune NOW. :notes: You are too funny!!

I feel inspired to resurrect my yoga wear. I started back to Bikram yoga (hot yoga) when I got sober in January. It's a sweaty business -- not pretty!! But the results are quite nice: I've lost about 80 of the 100 or so pounds that I gained while chugging beer.

A couple of the gals in the group that meets in my home have asked why I stuck with beer once I realized that I was packing on so much weight. Well, I tried wine, which I hated. Then I tried "spirits" (hard liquor), which I hated too. And for some odd reason neither wine nor "the strong stuff" gave me a buzz like beer. I have no idea why. Actually, I detest the taste of beer too. Honestly!! Just the thought of any alcoholic beverage makes me want to gag. But once we're hooked, we're hooked.

Okay, tomorrow it is!! You running up the steps of Kelvingrove Art Gallery and me sweating it out for 90 minutes in the "hot room." :toohot: Broken Halo, will you have a chance to run tomorrow? Or hit the gym??
                              Broken Halo might have to hit Neddy! Several thumps across the chest as I go into cardiac arrest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I will do either a run or a bike ride tomorrow with you all!
                                Newbies Nest
                                Toolbox
                                My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                                X