Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! Hope my US friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving day. I am making dinner for hubby and me and 3 of the 5 stepkids (3 are hub's kids, 2 are late hub's kids). So, half will be carnivore and half vegetarian for myself and my oldest stepdaughter.

This weekend will be a challenge for me since my husband is driving up to Boston Thursday evening and won't be coming back till Sunday night. I do have some good books to read, hops I can stay strong. The Baclofen is starting to work; I think I am getting near my "switch".

Glad everyone is doing so well. Y'all are a big source of encouragement and hope for me.

TranqWilly, that sundried tomato pesto sounds incredible - will you share the recipe?

Hug to everyone!

-P.
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Just a few of us here today, huh?
      Well, I've been busy all day & am now sitting with my feet up (yay)!
      I had a nice birthday dinner for my son tonight - it really hits you hard when the 'baby' turns 29
      My grandson is turning 1 on Saturday, family party here on Sunday.
      In the middle of all this is Thanksgiving tomorrow.........busy, busy!

MM, I'm glad you're firmly with us for the remainder of the month, you'll feel quite proud of yourself

Phoenix, good to see you! Hope you enjoy your family time tomorrow. Are you having tofurky???
      Please be sure to check in frequently with us while your husband is away - we'll be happy to keep you company. Lonliness & boredom were always big triggers for me! You never get too old to find new, healthy ways to keep yourself occupied & out of trouble

Hi to Tranq because I know you'll check in sooner or later!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - I'll leave the night light on
      Be well!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Lav - Tofurkey. Good one!

Phoe - Here's a link to the pesto recipe

For a quick meal, I just boil up the pasta (I use frozen cheese ravioli) and make the pesto in a food processor, and toss the pasta with the pesto and spinach. I use pine nuts instead of walnuts, and get the sundried tomatoes in a jar (about 8oz) - they come packed in oil which I drain off well, then use good olive oil for the pesto. Cooking up the cherry tomatoes is for special occasions - then I'll use gorganzola or blue cheese - I'm not a big goat fan. Enjoy!

Glad to here you're gonna finish off November strong. Way to go!

Hi MM, Chooks. Sooty, paperhanging just isn't as much fun as golf. But I'm starting to workup some winter plans to stay busy. Just gotta get my winter groove on.

Take care all! Happy Turkey Day!
        tw
        Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey nesters!

Just a quick one.. I will be away for about a week for the 'friend's wedding'! Wish me luck,not AF, but planning to moderate *if possible*!

Will let you all know hoe I go, keep strong & happy and I will fill you in on the gorey details LMAO!
          Love Chook *clucks all over the nest*

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chicken hope you have a lovely time,hurry back we'll miss you!
            Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Thanksgiving morning Nesters!

The pumpkin pie is done, the turkey is in the oven - all systems are right on schedule.
              Wishing all of you a wonderful day with family, friends, wherever you are

My plan is to enjoy the day, my family & give thanks for the strength I've been blessed with to maintain my quits this year! I am 8 months AF today!

Have a safe day!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

And a very big congratulations to you Lavande! What a wonderful thing to give Thanks for! Enjoy your day!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Nesters! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Lav, a BIG CONGRATS on 8 months AF!!!! I am so happy for you! :l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Lav! Eight months is great. I know you've been sipping on that Lanand-ittude on the side.

Have a great holiday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav for the welcome, Willy for the recipe - sounds yummy.

LOL, no, no Tofurky (I've never actually tried it). I made a veggie pasta dish, plus a black eyed pea salad that I just threw together which turned out awesome! (don't ya just love it when that happens???)

I'll go to bed early tonite, my SI joint is acting up and I can barely walk. Tomorrow I have off so I'll clean the house. My stepson comes home tomorrow night so I will be good for sure tomorrow.

God bless everyone and have a great rest of the turkey day!

-P.
                      Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Thanks everyone.........I've had a great day AF & am looking forward to many, many more

Ruby, so nice of you to drop in the nest - pull up a twig & visit for a while!

Chops, have missed you, stick around for a while, I'm sure your twig is available

Tranq, I pour a little Lavan-itude on everything...........it's my MO

Phoenix, I've never known anyone to actually eat Tofurky! I personally enjoy veggie burgers & sausage but just never had the desire to look for Tofurky. It's been around for quite some time though.....someone must be eating it I hope your veggie pasta was delightful!
                        Hope your aches & pains improve soon.......I've got them too. They linger as long as the damp weather does, oh well.

I'm going to relax for a while & then close up my end of the nest - the night light will be on, of course!
                        Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Rise & shine - you're missing the Black Friday sales
                          I'm staying in - hate crowds!!!!!

I'll check in later.
                          Have a good Friday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

"I pour a little Lavan-itude on everything..." Oh. So you use it like hot sauce huh.

I'm not going near a mall today either Lav - nothing worse than krazed shoppers foaming at the mouth and trampling innocent by-standers. We never had black friday when I was a kid -- or I just missed it.

A pretty tame T-day here. My son is in from college, so we hung out and watched football. Made way too much food as usual.

Phoenix, sounds like you had a pleasant holiday. Enjoy! I like quick and easy sauces - here's one that's done in about the time it takes to cook pasta: melt 2 tbsp butter; stir in 1/2 cup gorganzola cheese and a 1/2 cup milk; simmer and stir until smooth and creamy. Mix into finished pasta (works best with short noodles like mostaccioli, ravioli good here too) and stir in 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan. Question - do milk and cheese and butter disqualify from a vegan diet? That's a religion I never learned.

Have a great day all.
                            tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

TranqWilly;765378 wrote: Question - do milk and cheese and butter disqualify from a vegan diet? That's a religion I never learned.

Have a great day all.
                              tw
                              Well, I am not a vegan, but I play one on tv...

Vegans can be quite diligent in how they avoid animal products (in which butter and cheese and milk are included) even excluding honey from their diet and of course, not wearing fur or leather. The gorgonzola sauce sounds heavenly! I grew up in Wisconsin and I am a TOTAL cheesehead, LOL!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Early evening Nest Check

Tranq, I would bet a lot of people would liken my Lavan-itude to Hot Sauce :H
                                I'm glad you had a good day with your son - good food, football..............!
                                It's chilly here on the right coast - I'm about to light another fire. How's your weather - any snow yet???

Phoenix, good to see you today as well! My brother & his wife (now living in CA) have gone Vegan. I love veggies & healthy food but the whole Vegan thing seems like too much work for me (or maybe I'm just getting lazy).

Well, my grandson turns 1 tomorrow! I can't believe how fast time is flying, geez! His parents are throwing a kiddie party at their house tomorrow. Sunday I'm throwing a calmer, adult event at my house. So tomorrow I'll be tied up getting ready for all that.
                                BUT - being busy keeps me out of trouble, have to love that :h

Wishing everyone a safe night, the night light is on.........

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X