Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Greetings!

Hello nestlings... how are we all doing???

Have not had a chance to pop in here for ages, it seems!
    Well, work is finally going to slow down a little I think (hope?) so life will have an air of normalcy again

My property will hopefully sell by December 18th; Houston - we have an offer! Home and WETT inspection are done and good, buyer's financing is approved, now all that's left is water and septic test (and the septic could be an issue). It works fine - just not sure if it'll pass inspection. Well, we will see. Nice young family with 2 kids. Keep your fingers crossed

Tomorrow I will go visit my pregnant baby... all is well, she's 11 weeks along now. Sophie is at her 'Post Autumn' Residence (I've banished the word 'winter') and settling in just great. The other 2 mares are warming up to her (and me - thanks to a carrot every morning :H).

And that's about all in terms of news. Been seriously working like a lunatic. Still AF...going on 4 months now

Hope you all are well, happy, and healthy - I'll be checking in more often again soon (hopefully)

xo
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Sunni, so good to see you
      Congrats on your continued success, great work!! I've been thinking about you & all you have on your plate. Good news about your home buyer.........hope all goes well!
      Give Ms Sophie a carrot for me, glad she's settled in her new digs. When you are ready to talk Grandmotherhood just let me know My Grandson turns 1 today - can't believe how the time has flown by. We're having a family party here tomorrow

Well, I have plenty to do today to keep me out of trouble.
      Wishing everyone a trouble free day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Quiet here today. Sunni Hi! Glad you're doing well and congrats on all your good news!

Lav, have fun at the party. Time sure does fly.

I got another bonus day of golf in today - 52f and sunshine. Spring must be right around the corner now - Ha!

Phoenix, thanks for the vegan knowledge. I know you wisconson-ites take your cheese seriously.

Take care everyone!
        tw
        Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new

I drink. Believe it or not only once or twice a week. But when I do I blackout. Almost every time. My wife left me about 6 months ago. I hate myself when I wake up on a Sunday morning and tell myself "I'll do that again". I think I've told myself that about 300 times. Maybe more. I like to drink............ when I start off but then I just keep going and going, the Energizer bunny's got nothing on me man. I LOVE to drive when I drink, I have 1 DUI and know I'll get another. I'm broken. I need help. I know it. But I'm not sure I want it, God danm me. anyone got any magic words. I want to stop. I don't want to hurt anyone and don't want to get in trouble.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Phil - have you considered Baclofen? I am taking it and it is really making a difference for me. Read the baclofen threads, there's lots of miracles going on there. I black out when I drink more than 2 drinks also. I have missed big chunks of my lfe that I can never get back. Hell, I've woken up in the morning and seen the dirty dishes in the sink and never even remembered eatin, much less WHAT I ate. Sad. You can do it. Look at all the others here who have - Sunshine is on month 4! (congrats, sunshine!)

TranqWilly - I just now noticed you are a flatlander. I lived in Chicago for 7 years in the early 80's, in Rogers Park. I loved it. Hate the taxes tho. I grew up in Kenosha, which, as you know, some consider a suburb. LOL!!

Lav - you are a sweetheart, you know that? I hope all your peeps appreciate you. I know *I* do!

Have a great day nesters.

-P.

PS did you notice my spiffy new avatar?
            Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
            That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
            Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
            Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

We have sunshine here - Yay!!

Tranq, the weather looks good here today for golf, chilly now but due to warm up

Hi Phil, welcome to the Nest, glad you are here!
              I did not use any meds myself when I quit so I can't give you any personal advice on that. But you may want to get in touch with your Doc, she what he/she thinks! I am sorry that you have suffered so but you have made a great decision to quit. We cannot go back & change what we have done but we can ensure a better future for ourselves. If you haven't already download & read the MWO book, it has a lot of good information. Look in the Tool box (in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas to help you make your plan. Please stay close, read lots of threads & keep posting. We are here to help you

Phoenix, I do like your new avatar! I've decided to chang mine every 6 months just to keep me on my toes

Have a great Sunday everyone - have to get the BD party going now!
              I'll check in later!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

No more Nestlings around today? Oh well!

I hope you all had a good day anyway, stop in, let us know how you are

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - I'm hopping on my twig early.
                The night light will be on.................

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.

Just gobblin' by... yep still eating turkey. I'm okay though. Made it through the four day weekend on four drinks total. I'm happy with that.

Phil - like Lav says, the past doesn't really matter right now, the only important thing is what you do next. Pack up all your guilt and stop beating yourself up. Get a few weeks without al and you will feel much different. Since you only drink a couple days each week, then withdrawals shouldn't be an issue. The book, the supplements and the cds made it unbelievably easy for me to go 30 days af. I thank God or the stars or the universe or whatever brought me to this place. Many good folks here who only care and never judge. And a ton of valuable information.

Phoenix, I like your avatar too! I like the quote too. Loved the movie...Is that where you played the vegan (oh nevermind)? Kenosha? I didn't think we had any suburbs in Wisconsin - I know it's just across the border. I know people who commute from Indiana too. Of course nowadays, even Joliet is a suburb of Chicago. I'm in the western burbs. I love the town -- hate the winters.

Have a good evening all!
                  tw
                  Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters
                    Lav how did the party go? Did he enjoy the fuss?
                    Phil you're in a good place here, stay around and talk to us, we're ever such friendly folk and we do understand.
                    I can't stay now as I've got stuff to do but I'll look out for you later
                    love to all
                    Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Muppett;520445 wrote: I've just slunk into the "nest". It just sounded so inviting and SAFE.
                      Just going to tuckie myself up in a little corner, observe, sip my wine........except Mondays when I will be a/f. (as I was last Monday for the first time I can remember). Just going to enjoy a safe place.

Please, if anyone else here is as scared as I was going A/F for just one night, talk to me. I have the willpower of a gnat so if I can do it, ANYONE can.

Thank you for providing a nest.

Love Muppett (in OZ but really a KIWI)
                      :new: Im scared of even contemplating a booze free nite. Got any ideas.
                      Thankyou so much

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Tranq, glad to hear you had a successful moderating experience this weekend! Your strength & sensibility shows

Greetings Sooty! Rain is due to move in on us this week......ugh! Hope you get a break from it soon!
                        The birthday party went well yesterday - Matt really loved his cake. We had to dip the top half of him in the litchen sink afterwards, he covered himself in icing It was pure joy watching him, especially with a clear head. I am so grateful for my quits this year!!

Hello & welcome to Gabbrielle, so glad you found us! Please find yourself a comfy twig & settle in the nest with us
                        My best advice to you is to make yourself a good plan - something that will work for you. Download & read the MWO book if you haven't already, it's full of good information. Take a look in the Tool box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas to help you make you plan.
                        I found success by keeping myself busy & distracted, drinking lots of water & herbal tea, listening to the Hypnotherapy CDs, walking in the fresh air, waiting out the cravings or drinking thoughts & staying close to MWO. Once you get a few AF days under your belt, everything really does get easier. Commit yourself & just do it - you won't be sorry!!

Wishing everyone a terrific Monday, I'll check in tonight!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. My first post here although I have been reading for a few weeks. Didn't know where to introduce myself but here seemed a good enough place!

Drinking heavily for 11 years every night without fail. Now 27 days free of it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Marsden :welcome: Gabrielle

Gabrielle, already good advice by Lavande. So I'll just say :hello2:

Marsden :goodjob: on 27 days.

You've both found a good safe place with loads of advice and NO judgement.

Don't be scared to ask any questions, remember we've all been were you are at one time or another.

Stay close and please let us know how you're getting on.

Love Jackie xxx

:l
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!

Today will be my first AF day in 10 days (I write it all down in a spreadsheet cuz I am a GEEK!) Hubby is back home and it's always easier for me when I am not alone. I need to get out of this messed up mindset that I can never drink again EVER therefore I must get my fill while I can. Can someone smack me upside the head???? I am resolved to run a couple of miles on the treadmill after work instead of opening up the bottle of wine (which of course, I finish). So today is DAY 1 (again!) There, I said it. Now I have to.
                              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

JC, nice to see you here again, it's been a while

Hello & welcome Marsden! Wow, it's wonderful to have you here & a big congrats on your 27 AF days! You must be feeling pretty good & proud as well! Please find yourself a comfy twig, we love all the company. Tell us a little more about yourself, we're nice people here

Gabbrielle, hope you are doing OK & check in with us soon!

Phoenix, my thoughts are with you for a successful day 1! Your plan sounds like a good one - be sure you let us know how it worked out. You can be as geekish as you like here, no judging, ha ha.

Well, it's 9 pm, time to call it a day. The night light will be on for the late night fledglings
                                Have a safe night in the nest everyone.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X