Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello, newbies nest was recommended to me, so here I am!
    Day 1 for me, havent even tried since january, did ok then , did two months but it has been creeping up on me since. Ready to try again! Would really like my goal to be to stay sober till september , long term is too much of a goal for me at the moment, hopefully in sep I will push it till october but for now I want the goal to be september.

Comment

Newbies Nest

H Alis, It's good to have you here. Well done on getting two months sober previously - this shows you can do it! he most I have managed was 32 days a few years back and since then a few days here and there. I have tried to moderate but it's not for me: as soon as I start I am off and running and will drink till I pass out. So here I am again. I did seven days without alcohol, then ended up drinking and feeling ashamed. I have not had a drink since then and don't intend to. I am fed up of all the guilty, remorseful feelings that I get when drinking so it's over. I definitely feel totally different this time and it is in no small part to all the "nesters" here on the thread. They are all fantastic.

Why don't you read back over the last two or three days posts to get an idea of what it's like then post back?

Anyway, as I said, great to see you and I hope you hang around.
      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Alis!
        You are in a great place to achieve your goal! Reading and posting often is one of the keys to success. Come here and hang out if you're tempted to drink.

Hey, Neddy - good job on hitting day 7 for the last time!

When you said good morning, BHalo, the record said 2:14 a.m. What an early riser you are :H. I agree with whoever commented that an international forum is fun and interesting!

I hope your interview goes well, SDA. I agree with you that life is easier not drinking. Even early on when for me, from ~4-6 pm or so was tough, it still was better than sleeping poorly, being in misery from 3 am- 5 am, felling poorly (at best) til noon and then having only about 4 hours until the cycle began again. Give me 2 hours of being agitated or uncomfortable any day! And the good news is, I have those hours of the day back as well.

Have a great day, Nesters!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh yes. I will take a little discomfort over days of painful recovery.
          Thanks for the inspiring post Sam. I agree that this time around al is just not for me.
          Sorry everyone I haven't been my usual happy self. I am going to try and do better this week.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NS - thanks. I am totally determined that me and alcohol are finished. After reading Broken Halo's break-up letter to booze. I wrote one myself and I feel as if that has put a certain full-stop where previously there had always been a question mark.

LB - I hope you feel better soon and are back to your old self soon. You have been a source of great support to me and I hate to see you down.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alis welcome to the nest! Feel free to share or read and jump in. Check out the toolbox link at the bottom of my post for tips and ideas on staying AF. The first little while is the toughest. Change your routines, eat as much as you need to. Stick close, we are here to help.

Morning everyone! I messed up my knee jogging so I think it will be a bike ride today! Talk later! Stay strong!
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3J, hope your knee gets better soon and hats off to you for going biking instead. Many would have used that as an excuse. Respect!

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1538106 wrote: .
                  Sorry everyone I haven't been my usual happy self. I am going to try and do better this week.
                  Good morning, LB

This is one place where you can and should be just who you are at that moment.

For many of us, revealing only the desirable parts of ourselves to others helped get us in this mess in the first place!

We want to know and love the complete Little Beagle ( and it is ok if you have a few fleas ).

xx- NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, 3June,

Isn't it great to know exactly how you hurt your knee and feel good about what you were doing when it happened? Hope it repairs soon.

You sure are doing a whole 3June-makeover, aren't you? Great job!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Neddy. I am glad to make a difference.
                      I do have a few fleas no sugar!
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

LittleBeagle, I hope you feel better soon! I'm just glad you're checking in with us. We can't be happy 100% of the time (there's meds for that ).

Alis, welcome to the nest! A 30 day goal is a great idea, that's what alot of folks aspire to when they first come here. Some concepts that really helped me are: witching hour, urge surfing, HALT (hungry, angry, lonely, tired) and euphoric recall. If you search for those terms you should find some good reading. I hope to see you around!

NoSugar, Neddy, Samstone, Halo, Lav, 3June, it's great to see you all this morning.
                        Have a great AF day!
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all
                          looks like another pretty day.
                          Welcome Alis.
                          Dashing off to work!

Sam
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I DID IT!!!:H

I finally can say "I did not drink yesterday"!!

Even with the evil husband saying "jee, the kids are gone for a week, you can get drunk every night without worrying about them seeing you".
                            I had a very very hard time at dinner time, because we had pho (super tasty Vietnamese soup) take out for dinner and I always get a 6 pack or more of tsing dao beer to go with it. The liquor store is right next door..... I forced myself to walk in the other direction instead, and was stoked because I found a cool Indian market!! Got some great incense and a few doo dads. Way better than buying beer!!

One day at a time. (I like that saying, but am not an AA person)
                            How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink? ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woooot go Scarlett!

I am procrastinating, need to get on the bike. If you see me posting before 90 minutes have past just ignore me or tell me to get up on my bike.
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Scarlett. Really pleased for you. If you can do one you can do two. Go for it!

Comment

Working...
                                X