Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yes you can Scarlett.
    Don't let hubby's negative words derail you. Maybe he's worried you will succeed?
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fantastic - well done Scarlett!! as Neddy said, if you've done one, you know you can do it, so you can do more

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1538103 wrote: I agree with you that life is easier not drinking. Even early on when for me, from ~4-6 pm or so was tough, it still was better than sleeping poorly, being in misery from 3 am- 5 am, felling poorly (at best) til noon and then having only about 4 hours until the cycle began again. Give me 2 hours of being agitated or uncomfortable any day! And the good news is, I have those hours of the day back as well.
        NS, so glad you posted this. For some reason my cravings came early today (it's almost 4pm here in Germany) and this is similar to your former "witching hour". Good point... it's worth feeling agitated for a few hours then to start the bad cycle of drinking, poor eating, poor sleeping... etc. Thank you!
        Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I will start with a Well Done Scarlett! as just missing one day on the site has caused me to miss so much of the discussions. As much as I love the Nesters, the Nest can be overwhelming. We lost our internet connection but I only tried late last night as my hubby's granddaughter was over and we spent the evening making won ton soup (best I ever had and the 17 teen yr old did it without a recipe) and sushi. We were quite the little cooking team. Great bonding for her and I while hubby got bombed which is unusual for him. He was quite obnoxious and stank like crazy. He kept repeating himself and his granddaughter asked me to sit beside her on the couch just to avoid him. And he says he's the one who can quit any time LOL :-(

I like what No Sugar said about the exchange of one discomfort for another. I, too had terrible sleep interruption and heart palpitations, etc. My blood pressure was affected too. It's being rechecked on the 21st of August so I want to stay sober for that reason too. Don't want to start medication at the young age of 57. A little discomfort dealing with cravings is nothing compared to the agony of self-flaggelation, sleep deprivation and terror of a heart attack. Duh!!!!

Day 2 done; not much but it's better than starting out again.........
          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Late check in today!!! Once again, work is interfering with my social circle!!! :H
            Welcome Alis! Stick close....if an old drunk like me can find her way, I know you can, too!
            Scarlet! Wootie Hoot....rinse and repeat, girl! GREAT JOB!
            Just a quick 'accountability fly by'.....thinking of you all....now back on my head for work!!! Byrdie

Edit:
            SoberSoul, are you kidding me? Day 2 is huge in our world. I am SO proud of you!...and a little put out at the 17 year old soup queen!!! I can't make that soup to save my life! Keep it going! We are all right by your side! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Alis! Nice to meet you!! It's great here in the nest!
              How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink? ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, 2 day 2s! That's awesome!

Scarlett, the week off is a hidden opportunity to get comfortable. My first week I took off from work (not planned just worked out that way). I spent the time relaxing and enjoying movies and take out. You know what happened? I remembered the endings of the movies, a very worthwhile experience! Good things will keep happening for you if you stick with it.

Sobersoul, that sounds like a nice evening. The minor physical discomfort will subside shortly. Treat yourself as if you have a cold; stay hydrated, eat well and plenty of rest if possible. My blood pressure has dropped since quitting.

3june enjoy your workout! I'm going to do the same shortly.
                Great to see you all today!
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Folks,

Just had a phone call from my daughter inviting me up to her new house. This to me is a miracle as she has never asked me up before (except to decorate , which if you remember I did the other day).

She did seem really pleased with me that was getting my act together and she did say I was looking good, but inviting me to a family gathering? Never. Her partner's dad and mum drink but I'll just say I've got the car. Not that it's going to bother me anyway as I am beginning to view myself as a non-drinker now.

I'll try to check in later, but if I don't I'll speak to you in the morning.

BFN
                  "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Scarlett, well done! As others have said, if do one day you are on your way! Welcome Alis, nice to meet you, glad you found us. This place is a godsend, please stick with us.

Neddy, well done on your seven days, really chuffed about your invite from your daughter, that's real progress already, wonderful news.

I'm late home today so haven't had much time to read everything but I hope everything is well. It's so nice to see the nest so busy, with familiar faces and new ones posting. Keep up the great work everyone!
                    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

About to head home for my Day One. It will be great to get those first 24 hours out of the way.
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone
                        good for you needy on 7 days
                        welcome elvis

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome aboard, Elvis!! Day 1 is by far the hardest one to get under your belt, so kudos for getting this underway! I'm so glad you found us...don't be shy....we bare it all in this place! If you are ready to get your life back on track, you've landed in the right spot. Settle in and tell us more about yourself....well done on Day 1!!! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again Nesters, checking in before bed here. Hello and welcome to the Nest Elvis, good to see you here. Hello Witts, Byrdy

I am dog tired tonight! It's a sort of good tired though, a healthy tired. Not like the drunk or hungover kind of tired. It reminds me of when I was a child and had played out all day, running around with my friends, playing games and using up so much energy that by the time I got home I could barely eat my dinner! Maybe I am regressing :H

Anyway, goodnight/good morning/good afternoon to everyone from everywhere from a very tired but happy lassie in Scotland. Stay well and stay sober, you know it makes sense!
                            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

My story is here.

I've had plenty of Day Ones. I remember my first Day One was white knuckle. For me, it's generally getting to Week One that really tough! This time's different though. Still waiting for my wife to get home. I'm nervous, scared, and anxious to talk to her. I've rehearsed what I will say a million times.
                              11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis - I wish you the best luck tonight!

I have had more Day 1's than I care to say..... I have the same fears you do about being afraid of dying. Every little ache or pain that I get sends me running to the internet to see if it could be alcohol related. I am 42. I have nightmares of my boys being motherless.

I am glad you have found the nest.... everyone here is so helpful! I have only been here a few days....
                                How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink? ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X