Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm so glad to see you, too Miss Scarlett!
    Keep your belly full tonight and stay hydrated! You know those times you've said 'I can't eat another bite of anything!' THAT full. You will NOT want AL (or anything else)...it is the silver bullet to ward off cravings.
    We'll be checking on you both tonight....let us know how you're doing! So glad you are taking this positive steps in your lives!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

So I am home and I have to admit it would be nice to have my wine and get bubbly. Thankfully I did take my AB today, but it doesn't take away the cravings. Last night and the night before I woke up in a pool of sweat...I don't know if I am going into pre menopause or if its from the lack of AL. I am only 37 but suppose it is possible. I haven't had a drink since my Saturday night disaster and I desperately want never feel like that again...but why do I still feel like I need that in my life as much as I wish it away...I'm so frustrated.
      Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening nesters

Alis/Elvis - welcome, this is a good place to be

Neddy - great work on your 7 days. good to hear you're rebuilding your relationship with your daughter

BH - I know how you feel, I'm shattered tonight, but in a good way. your avatar always makes me smile too

my interview went pretty well today & they want me back for a second one; I also got an offer from a previous interview, which I'm pretty pleased about. the downside being that I might have to go back to work soon, I was getting to quite enjoy not working! in truth, not working for a while came at an opportune juncture - I needed some time to get myself straightened out & on to the road to sanity; the road I was on wasn't going anywhere good ...

anyway, looks like being a nice day here tomorrow, so I'm going to restart a hobby I haven't done for 20+ years. I think we spend a lot of time, particularly in early sobriety, focusing on what we're *not* meant to be doing - ie drinking - & maybe not so much on enjoying our new lives, so I'm off to have some good clean fun

have a good night everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy, we give prizes for great work, and you've been doing the heavy lifting. Here is your Full Moon for 7 days!!

:moon:

You have negotiated each and every day that a week can throw at you. All the firsts are done! Great job of kicking AL's arse! Many more moons ahead!! We are so proud of you!

Honeysoup....yes, 'it would be nice'....but try to get those LONGING feelings out of your head. (Euphoric Recall). AL has brought us all nothing but misery. Remember AL for what it is...it is out to kill us. Try not to dwell on what you can't have and everything else that you can. I'm so glad you took the dam pill. Just take it and be done with decisions. Drinking is no longer a choice for me...Not one, not ever! I'm so glad you are here! Trust me, you aren't missing out on a thing! Hugs dear lady, Byrdie
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

some-dumbass;1538304 wrote: evening nesters

Alis/Elvis - welcome, this is a good place to be

Neddy - great work on your 7 days. good to hear you're rebuilding your relationship with your daughter

BH - I know how you feel, I'm shattered tonight, but in a good way. your avatar always makes me smile too

my interview went pretty well today & they want me back for a second one; I also got an offer from a previous interview, which I'm pretty pleased about. the downside being that I might have to go back to work soon, I was getting to quite enjoy not working! in truth, not working for a while came at an opportune juncture - I needed some time to get myself straightened out & on to the road to sanity; the road I was on wasn't going anywhere good ...

anyway, looks like being a nice day here tomorrow, so I'm going to restart a hobby I haven't done for 20+ years. I think we spend a lot of time, particularly in early sobriety, focusing on what we're *not* meant to be doing - ie drinking - & maybe not so much on enjoying our new lives, so I'm off to have some good clean fun

have a good night everyone
            Here I am. Trying to figure this out. looks good so far all I know is im sober today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Paddy! None of us knew what we were doing when we first got here!! But we get a lot of help from our friends! So good to see you, we're glad you've joined us.
              Is this your first serious quit? Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Padraig and Elvis.
                glad you are here. Being sober today is a good thing. And it gets better and better and better.

Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Padraig;1538322 wrote: Here I am. Trying to figure this out. looks good so far all I know is im sober today!
                  hi Padraig,

being sober today sounds like a pretty good place to start

glad you found your way over here. this thread is pretty much newbies plus some old-timers giving support. click back a few pages in the thread & have a read, you'll get the gist pretty quickly

another really good thread is the Toolbox:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

lots of good advice, strategies, etc.

if you feel like telling us a little about yourself that would be good, I dare say a lot of people on here have a very similar story to yours & will be able to identify

SD

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Hello & welcome Elvis, Alis & Padraig, glad you decided to join us!
                    A good plan & staying close to the nest will help you reach you goals

Neddy, CONGRATS on 7 AF days, :yay:

SD, great on the job interviews - see how life is picking up already for you - nice!

Hello to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the Nest!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great posts today. Always inspiring to be on this path and have new people join in the march.

Neddy....ever notice on those TV shows nobody ever slurs, gets drunk or has a hangover?

BH....I liked your post on "having to stop" vs. "wanting to". There certainly is a difference. The latter is much easier.

SD....I've always heard people say they went to different shops. I decided that I would only go to one....I only wanted one set of people to know what a drunk I was:H

Alis...welcome....I set my goal high....just today. The days add up doing it one day at a time...even an hour....or 15 minutes when things get tough.

Scarlett....congrats on getting to day 2! Huge!

Elvis....day one is almost over.

Honey....I think every time you quit it is normal to have those thoughts. It was for me. Now I barely remember what the big deal was about the buzz (kinda forgot what it feels like), I do not plan to wake the sleeping dragon. I do remember what the hangovers felt like though. No hangover is worth a short lived buzz.

Leaving work today my assistant said she was going to have some wine. I said I didn't drink wine. Her face got this weird look....."do you drink at all?" I said "not anymore, it makes me feel like crap". I left out the "and act like an ass".:H

Have a great night everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SunFlo, I always say I don't drink because it was aggravating a couple conditions I have....I don't mention they were my marriage and my liver! :H:H:H B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brydie...doesn't anyone ask "what conditions?"

I guess if someone asked.....I would have to ask them if they had 3 hours. Like a little old lady who talked my ear off at the pool about all her ailments for two hours! That would make them run:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Ali, Elvis and Padraig.
                            Well done Scarlett!
                            Congrats on day 7 Neddy. Hope all went well with your daughter tonight.
                            Wishing everyone well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all,

It's a bright, clear, beautiful morning here in the west of Scotland.

Lots of great posts since I last checked in and I'd like to express a welcome to Alis and Elvis (who I both met briefly yesterday) and Padraig.

Thanks to all my 7 day well-wishers. Day 8 today. I'm not going to say "I can't wait to stack up my days of sobriety" as that would be disingenuous: I am enjoying being sober so much at the moment that I don't want to wish my life away. I want to enjoy each day and savour each moment and relish the fact that I am enjoying life again and I am not caught up in the hell that is alcohol addiction. We need to enjoy our good times and we need to be good to ourselves. after all we have been through we deserve it.

Last night at my daughter's was really nice. I drank lots of iced water and was able to converse intelligently and, dare I say, kindly. What a difference to see my baby smile across a room at me instead of scowling.

I am tired this morning though, but it's not going to stop me going for my run.

I can hear that Rocky theme again: dah dah dah dah dah dah-de-dah dah, dah dah de dah de dah de dah dah.

I'll check back later, folks.

Have a wonderful, happy, sober Wednesday

NM
                              "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone. Neddy, it is a beautiful day here, isn't it. Enjoy your run, and the rest of your day. Glad to hear it went well with your daughter

Hello and welcome Padraig, it is nice to meet you. Pull up a twig and get comfy. You are going to love it here!

SD, great news about your interviews. They want you, they all want you, well done!

Lav, Byrdie, Sun, Sam, Mr V, good morning to you all and to all others who stop by the nest today.

I had a terrific sleep last night and I awoke this morning feeling rested and thankful and ready to tackle anything.

I hope you all do too
                                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
                                X