Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello again everyone,

SD - that's great news about your job interviews. I'm really pleased for you.

BH - I'm glad you are feeling so refreshed and full of life. I bet that a couple of months ago you couldn't have seen yourself feeling so good. You should be so pleased with yourself. I can hear the happiness and positive vibes off of your post. Glad you liked my line yesterday about "the nest list". I'm thinking about making it my signature line. What do you think?

I'll try to keep checking in and out as the day goes on my friends, but, as always, have a great, sober day.
    "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All,

I've just finished day 1 (again!!!) and am starting out on day 2. I'm not sure why this is so hard, nothing good happens as a result of drinking and I feel so much better when I don't drink.

Thank you to all who post, your successes are inspirational and I truely relate to those who are struggling, which helps me feel less alone in this fight.

Wishing all a sober, peaceful day!

Regards,
      Cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

It has been a few days so I am trying to catch up. Everyone looks and sounds good.

Welcome to the new nesters, pull up a branch and firmly apply butt Velcro.

I have a new job. Whoop Whoop! I will be the new assistant manager at Fred's Superstore. It was kind of a fluke. We were shopping and the hubs inquired about the posting on the door, the manager ( I did not know it was the manager) was checking us out and we got to talking. She called Monday for an interview and said if everything checks out its mine.

I am so thankful, after the hideous spilling of AL on me, I knew that was not the job for me, not to mention all the drunks I had to deal with Sat night.

Makes me grateful to be sober. I was a really sad drunk.

Love to all, check back later,
        JDG

Tess-2: Where are you? How is mum?
        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

JD - congrats on the new job! Also, welcome to the new Nesters.

I have to admit, I get lost in the nest but I think it will be helpful if I start checking in daily. I am likely to have a rough day at the office today and this is usually a major trigger for me. My plan for tonight is to run errands after work so I'm busy during witching hour. I did make it to the gym again this morning for my 5:30 class. It's a lot easier getting up when you don't have a freaking hangover! I hope to lose the 20lbs of wine weight by my birthday in October

Have a great day everyone....ill check in later!
          Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
          [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Just stopping by to wish everyone a great AF Wednesday aka Hump Day

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doing a quick post. Off to a busy work day. I feel much better today. My daughter told me a really funny story about her dog. I laughed until tears came. So much better then drinking when I feel so down. Have a great day all. I will check in tonight and catch up.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see everyone this morning!
                Sum-Dum, we are all pulling for you and this new job!! Go you!!! We'll channel our good vibes, much like we did the other day towards my ButtWipe customer!! I haven't heard a peep out of him since!
                Neddy, you know, much like the Euphoric Recall of AL....the same can be said in our relationships with people, too. Over time, we remember the good things about them, and less about the bad, especially when said person is reinforcing these memories by showing positive changes now. Keep up the great work...these people really WANT us in their lives!
                BH, there's nothing like a good night's sleep!! Sleep does not equal passing out....who'd have thought there was a difference? Sleep is restorative, AL coma is your body trying to save your life. Your little avatar always makes me smile!
                Cocoflo, so good to see you! We all started with Day 1, so stay the course and you will never regret it. Maintaining my quit is 1000 times easier than starting over! Glad to see you!
                JDG, glad you got a new job!! Rule #1, lead yourself not into temptation! (I got the Rule #1 from Uncle Si on Duck Dynasty...that show is like a train wreck, I don't want to watch, but I can't help it!!!)
                Tess, where are you?
                Off the races.... hope everyone has a great day.
                Hugs to all, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'day Nester's near and not so far!

Just a quick check in. All good here. Hope all r well.

Welcome to our new friends. I wish you every success on your respective journey's.

Congrat's on 7 days Neddy and day 1 Elvis.

Take care and think positive.

L8tr, Yo! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for all your thoughts and greetings.

I had one of the rougher Day Ones in a while, but I'm glad it's over and under my belt. I am physically and mentally exhausted this morning, but I will be okay. I remind myself that my body is ridding itself of the poison, starting to heal itself, and learning to function again without alcohol. It needs to get a little worse before it gets better.

The chat with the wife last night was very productive, all things considered. As I expected, she's on board, supports me fully, and we even talked about and made some changes that will make it easier, the biggest was packing up the remaining of my beer and any other open bottles and "making it disappear." I don't know that she totally gets why I say what I say, why I feel what I feel, and what I'm going through, but she sees it's important to me and wants to help any way she can. She is a wonderful person.
                    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi. I developed a fever Monday evening so have been mostly in bed. If I don't improve a bit by tomorrow will probably go to the doctor. Bye for now.
                      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

JDG, that's great news, good luck with the job!

Coco, I'm glad you're here with us. Alcohol makes us feel so alone. In a couple more days, you'll have it out of your system entirely.

LB, you really hit the nail on the head, and your story made me smile. When we are sober, we are available for the moments in life and for our family.

Elvis, good for you! Getting rid of your supply and coming clean with your wife are big, big steps. Having support from your spouse is such a big help. I was and still am very lucky to have my wife's support.

Tess, get well NOW!

Lav, Byrdie, Neddy, Miley, G-Man great to see you all today.

Have a great AF day everyone.
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon everybody,

Hope you are all doing well.

Cocoflo - Hang in there. You are right: nothing good ever came of my drinking that's for sure.

JDG - Great news about the job. You sound fantastic and you seem to have removed yourself from that position as "a really sad old drunk"

Miley - I hope you didn't have too much of a rough day. Check in every day; it'd be great to get to know you better.

Byrdie - thanks for the encouragement and the words of wisdom. You really are a star!

Elvis - congrats on a successful start. Your wife is a wonderful person but so are you or you wouldn't want to make the change into a better person/life.

Tess - hope you feel better soon.

Lav, LB, G-man, Pinecone - great to see you and everyone sounding in a great place.
                          "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All - A friend drove me to the doctor as I wasn't too sure about my driving skills with a fever and all. Turns out I have strep throat. This is my second bout in a year, which I'm told is a bit unusual. I asked for a penicillin injection (ouch!) rather than 10 days of swallowing "horse" pills with a sore throat. I'd rather have one moment of discomfort and then recover quickly. So I'm off to sack out on the sofa and watch TV and/or read books. I'm looking forward to catching up with posts since Monday evening. If there are any newcomers, Welcome!! And to all of my Nest Friends, old and new, stay strong and be good to yourselves!! The difficulties of achieving and maintaining sobriety pale in comparison to the misery of compulsive drinking. I enjoy coffee but it's gonna be hot tea and lemon for a few days...:cupajoe:

I edited this to say hot tea and HONEY. Lemon would sting, ouch! ouch!!
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's great news JDG!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, just a quick drive by as I am just home and starving! I had a great day at work then a great workout at the gym. JDG, that's brilliant news about the job, well done!

awww Tess, I do hope you feel better soon. I would have opted for an injection too, rather than pills.

I'll try to catch up with everyone else's posts after I have a wee snack, hope everyone is doing great!
                                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
                                X