Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I am making pea and mussel soup just now (a wee recipe out of Sunday's observer). Yip, I will be avoiding him. As soon as the gas man comes, the phone is off and so am I. Off into town to browse the bookshops, get something to eat, go to meditation and then come back here for a browse on the boards and bed. A man with a plan!
    "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds like a sound plan to me! Pea and mussel soup sounds delicious, let me know how it turns out!
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday - plan for it & you will succeed

Neddy, your plan sounds great - just stick with it & you'll be OK. Friends get the message sooner or later, just need to be told NO THANKS a few times

Hello & welcome Nerfer!
        Congrats on your quits, you sound like a very strong person!
        I do quite a bit of soul searching before my quit & realized my drinking career was directly related to a pattern of negative thinking I had picked up along the way. My Doc put me on an antidepressant but that was no help. I searched & found an online program called Habit Busting & it worked! Negative thinking is a learned behavior & it turns out you can un-learn it as well. I downloaded the program & worked on it daily & in a matter of 6-8 weeks ~ I felt like a new person!
        Some people do well in a therapy situation, I do better working on issues myself

Mr V, sorry about your harsh day yesterday - just glad you are back.

Greetings to everyone & wishing a great AF Friday for one & all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

So much is happening in the nest! What a wonderful Place to come when you are feeling stressed out or just need a laugh.
          Thanks Tess for your support. Yes ot has been a rough summer for me, but with everyone's help here I have not turned to my old habits of drinking at my problems. Thanks.
          Yes Gardener I would love to compare notes on the losing weight thing. I will pm you.
          Nefer I have been working on many emotional issues very much like the ones it sounds like you are going through. I made an anger garden. It is looking wonderful. When my anger threatens to over take me, I picture it and take deep breaths. Petting my dogs and talking to them helps my anxiety. Yeah I'm that kind of crazy. I talk to them a lot.
          Byrdie I hope your muscles feel better soon. Moving is difficult, moving someone else is even harder. Your niece is truly grateful for you I am Sure.
          Great job Piper. Keep it up.
          Neddy glad you have such a firm plan. That is what gets us through this madness, planning. Good job.
          I'm sorry Mr. V. That really hurts seeing people you care about in a bad situation. Just get right back up and fight and you will be able to help those you care about more then if you were drinking.
          Enjoy you wonderful af day 3J.
          Bhalo I always enjoy reading what you are doing. It inspires me as I face my work day.
          I am at Miss L's today. She has enough al in her house to float a boat. And she's just plain crazy. Tried to find an euphemism but nothing else fits. I have learned to deal with that frustration by thinking of the people here on mwo.
          Have a good one everyone.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav,

I hope all is good in your part of the world. It is nice and sunny here in Glasgow, Scotland.

Yip, sooner or later the message will get through. Until then I am adopting a siege mentality!

BH, the soup is really nice! The recipe called for white wine but I gave that the old hipsway. I'm sure it would burn off in the cooking but there is no point having the rest of the bottle lying around is there? So I just left it out and it tastes yummy. Very fresh and invigorating. Hope you have a great time with your daughter later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1539192 wrote: So much is happening in the nest! What a wonderful Place to come when you are feeling stressed out or just need a laugh.
              Thanks Tess for your support. Yes ot has been a rough summer for me, but with everyone's help here I have not turned to my old habits of drinking at
              my problems. Thanks.
              Yes Gardener I would love to compare notes on the losing weight thing. I will pm you.
              Nefer I have been working on many emotional issues very much like the ones it sounds like you are going through. I made an anger garden. It is looking wonderful. When my anger threatens to over take me, I picture it and take deep breaths. Petting my dogs and talking to them helps my anxiety. Yeah I'm that kind of crazy. I talk to them a lot.
              Byrdie I hope your muscles feel better soon. Moving is difficult, moving someone else is even harder. Your niece is truly grateful for you I am Sure.
              Great job Piper. Keep it up.
              Neddy glad you have such a firm plan. That is what gets us through this madness, planning. Good
              I'm sorry Mr. V. That really hurts seeing people you care about in a bad situation. Just get right back up and fight and you will be able to help those you care about more then if you were drinking.
              Enjoy you wonderful af day 3J.
              Bhalo I always enjoy reading what you are doing. It inspires me as I face my work day.
              I am at Miss L's today. She has enough al in her house to float a boat. And she's just plain crazy. Tried to find an euphemism but nothing else fits. I have learned to deal with that frustration by thinking of the people here on mwo.
              Have a good one everyone.
              LB - great to see you. I hope you can enjoy the day despite there being lots of AL around you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy it's just work. I just dust around it. We are always faced with temptations. For me learning to deal with that has been a major part of my quit. I am still learning, but Miss L's house was one of the first temptations I faced.
                As Byrdie reminds us what is in someone else's glass (or house) is none of our business.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1539205 wrote:
                  As Byrdie reminds us what is in someone else's glass (or house) is none of our business.
                  That's a great piece of wisdom that I will have to put into operation.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy Merrill;1539188 wrote: I am making pea and mussel soup just now
                    Neddy, you just HAD to mention muscles, didn't you? :H:H:H

Welcome Nefer! 3 years sober is EPIC! Great job! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Short fly in this morning...missing a day of work yesterday I get to play catch up today. Friday's are 'Dump and Run' Day. What's that? Customers have sat around all week and formed a pile of "Byrdie S*it" (sorry) and on Friday afternoons, just before they leave, they think....'oh yeah, I forgot to send all this over to B'! Thus, they dump it on me, and run out for the weekend!

I hope everyone is forming a strong plan for remaining AF this weekend! Fridays do NOT entitle us to a reward of AL....there are plenty of other GREAT rewards we can give ourselves...the gift of Sobriety is at the top! Friday is just another day! (Registered Trademark of Lav)

Have a happy AF day!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1539212 wrote: Neddy, you just HAD to mention muscles, didn't you? :H:H:H
                      Have a happy AF day!! Byrdie
                      I am afraid they are the only mussels this former Adonis has left!

Comment

Newbies Nest

So many new posts!

Day 3 done and under my belt. Sugar cravings were probably the worst of it, but luckily I had something in the house. Gotta remember to stop by the store and pick up some more candy for the weekend just in case. I totally overslept this morning and wound up late for work. At least I overslept for the right reason, because my mind and body needed the rest, and I'm alert now and ready to go. Plus I dreamt about the project I'm working on, so technically that counts as working all night, right? :H

I'm sorry if I missed anyone new, but welcome Nefer, Cyn and ford. I'm new here too and the people are great, so stick around, read all you can, especially the Toolbox, and post when you need to. Cyn and ford, I'm sorry about your respective relationship problems and I hope things work out for you.
                        11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis;1539232 wrote: t. Sugar cravings were probably the worst of it, but luckily I had something in the house. Gotta remember to stop by the store and pick up some more candy for the weekend just in case.
                          Congratulations on 3 days, Elvis! The worst should be behind you.

The L-glutamine recommended on this site is useful for alcohol (and sugar) cravings. As long as your kidneys and liver are ok (and you don't have cancer), taking it should not be a problem.

Keep up what you're doing - it's working!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis;1539232 wrote: So many new posts!

Day 3 done and under my belt. Sugar cravings were probably the worst of it, but luckily I had something in the house. Gotta remember to stop by the store and pick up some more candy for the weekend just in case. I totally overslept this morning and wound up late for work. At least I overslept for the right reason, because my mind and body needed the rest, and I'm alert now and ready to go. Plus I dreamt about the project I'm working on, so technically that counts as working all night, right? :H

I'm sorry if I missed anyone new, but welcome Nefer, Cyn and ford. I'm new here too and the people are great, so stick around, read all you can, especially the Toolbox, and post when you need to. Cyn and ford, I'm sorry about your respective relationship problems and I hope things work out for you.
                            Great stuff on day 3 Elvis. Nice to know you're not all shook up LOL!

Seriously, you are doing great. Keep up the good work. We are all rooting for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

well done Elvis! That jokes was terrible Neddy. You are obviously going stir crazy waiting for that gas man :H

LB, I am glad if I make you smile before work, that's really nice of you to say! Good luck with crazy Mrs L today!

Byrdie, are you still hurting, is your hair still sore? Greetings to you too Lav, NS, and everyone else.

I checked my bank today and was pleasantly surprised. I did some sums this morning. Do you guys know that by not smoking and drinking for a month I am saving around 450-500 pounds! Isn't that frightening and amazing? I'll be rich in no time!
                              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1539240 wrote: well done Elvis! That jokes was terrible Neddy. You are obviously going stir crazy waiting for that gas man :H

LB, I am glad if I make you smile before work, that's really nice of you to say! Good luck with crazy Mrs L today!

Byrdie, are you still hurting, is your hair still sore? Greetings to you too Lav, NS, and everyone else.

I checked my bank today and was pleasantly surprised. I did some sums this morning. Do you guys know that by not smoking and drinking for a month I am saving around 450-500 pounds! Isn't that frightening and amazing? I'll be rich in no time!
                                I am going stir crazy! It's such a lovely day and I want to get out and enjoy it. On the plus side, I have had a nice relaxing day, read a bit and posted a bit too. All in all it's been good. I just need someone to write my gags for me and I'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X