Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Neddy Merrill;1539358 wrote: Got a good teacher, you see!
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

BHalo, my hair is doing better today, but my muscles still ache when I move. So I'm just sitting here. eheheh....
      Neddy, I need better writers myself....K9 has the best ones, I'm not sure how she got them, must be a state employee thing. She can sling the one-liners like nobody's business! K9's sense of humor is unmatched!
      How is the new family member, K9?? Hope she is helping you heel....heal. Whichever, see what I mean about my writers?!
      Caz, sounds like a good plan, try to eat a little something before you go, it sounds counterintuitive but going to a function like that and being HUNGRY distorts your thinking...it makes you crave even worse. I wonder what the science is behind that....so many of us mistake hunger for cravings. We are used to drinking our dinners, I guess. Maybe it's a low blood sugar thing, but all I know is a full tummy is a happy tummy!
      I remember you, Looking for Peace! You've landed in a great spot to find it. Settle in and make yourself at home! Glad you are here!
      Weekends are just other days....not a ticket to BLOW IT ALL OUT! Keep busy and distracted, keep your tummy full....and do something nice for someone else. It takes the focus off of you! Have a wonderful AF evening! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all~ Thank goodness for this place.

Just wanted to check in on my lunch break. Half way through with day 2...Whooo.
        I want this so bad. I agree, Elvis the sugar cravings are interesting. I caved and bought yogurt covered pretzels, and that helped.

I had vivid dreams last night, even woke up at 3am to read the toolbox and reconfirm my commitment to sobriety. I can't have alcohol messing up my life and my relationships.

My big thing yesterday for day 1 was to tell 2 people so I could be accountable. I did it!

1- I told my friend, who I was caring for after he had surgery yesterday. (He's not a big drinker, and was very supportive.)
        2- I called my husband (probably soon to be ex since he already filed annulment paperwork) =(
        I told him I realized the reason our marriage failed was because of my drinking. I told him I want to quit drinking for good, about my plan AND about this forum (which he wanted to take a look at.) He said he was proud of me, and he hoped it stuck because "alcohol doesn't work in your life." I cried the whole time. I still feel emotional, but relieved.

My plan for the weekend:
        -Check in here often
        -Read more of the toolbox
        -Stay busy and not obsess about alcohol
        -Pray/meditate/exercise
        -Play with by Border Collie, Lilly
        -Already bought lots of refreshing, non alcohol drinks
        -Take my vitamins
        -Care for my friend, who is 1 day post-op from surgery
        -Tell one more person

Well, back to nursing. Welcome to everyone and thanks to everyone who has reached out to me. I really appreciate the 2 private messages I received too!

Have a great weekend, and keep a smile!
        =) Cyn
        :h Cynthia Lynne (Cyn) :h
        __________________________________________________ ____
        ?One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.?

AF- 8/1/13
        7 Days- Done 8/7/13 :thumbs:
        14 Days- Done 8/14/13 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

cynthialynne;1539371 wrote: I agree, Elvis the sugar cravings are interesting. I caved and bought yogurt covered pretzels, and that helped.
          Wait until Day 4, if you follow my footsteps you'll crave salty buttered popcorn! Though you might have gotten your salt fix with the pretzels. What's next, peanut butter and banana sandwiches? :H

Also, NoSugar, thanks for the L-glutamine suggestion!
          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis!! Dang, you've got pretty good writers, too!!!
            I craved chocolate for the first couple weeks (M&M hangovers) and then mine went to potato chips!!!
            Sardines are next, so stock up! :H:H:H (Just kidding)
            Get yourself to day 13 and the crazy cravings will subside!! Hang on, buddy, you are doing great!!! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

cynthialynne;1539371 wrote:
              2- I called my husband (probably soon to be ex since he already filed annulment paperwork) =(
              I told him I realized the reason our marriage failed was because of my drinking. I told him I want to quit drinking for good, about my plan AND about this forum (which he wanted to take a look at.) He said he was proud of me, and he hoped it stuck because "alcohol doesn't work in your life." I cried the whole time. I still feel emotional, but relieved.

=) Cyn
              Hi, Cyn

Having a detailed plan, being accountable to others, and really using what MWO offers truly can get you to where you want to go . You are totally on the right track!

To Cyn's husband,
              Please be patient and give your wife this opportunity to change herself back to the fabulous person she really is. Alcohol has hidden the person you love but she will be back - sooner than either of you can imagine. And she will be wiser and grateful for her new life - no one can go through all of this and not see the world differently.

All the best to both of you.

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis you are doing great. I'm glad you are here with us in the nest. Keep up the good work.
                Cyn I'm so proud of you for having such a strong plan.
                Everyone is sounding so strong.
                Have a great af time this weekend all.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1539379 wrote:
                  Sardines are next, so stock up! :H:H:H (Just kidding)
                  I enjoy those a couple times a week and pour the oil on my dog's food - don't you??? :H (they really are good for you )

Comment

Newbies Nest

cynthialynne;1539371 wrote: Hey all~ Thank goodness for this place.

Just wanted to check in on my lunch break. Half way through with day 2...Whooo.
                    I want this so bad. I agree, Elvis the sugar cravings are interesting. I caved and bought yogurt covered pretzels, and that helped.

I had vivid dreams last night, even woke up at 3am to read the toolbox and reconfirm my commitment to sobriety. I can't have alcohol messing up my life and my relationships.

My big thing yesterday for day 1 was to tell 2 people so I could be accountable. I did it!

1- I told my friend, who I was caring for after he had surgery yesterday. (He's not a big drinker, and was very supportive.)

My plan for the weekend:
                    -Check in here often
                    -Read more of the toolbox
                    -Stay busy and not obsess about alcohol
                    -Pray/meditate/exercise
                    -Play with by Border Collie, Lilly
                    -Already bought lots of refreshing, non alcohol drinks
                    -Take my vitamins
                    -Care for my friend, who is 1 day post-op from surgery
                    -Tell one more person

Well, back to nursing. Welcome to everyone and thanks to everyone who has reached out to me. I really appreciate the 2 private messages I received too!

Have a great weekend, and keep a smile!
                    =) Cyn
                    Hi Cyn,

Great to hear from you, great to hear you sounding positive and great to see you with such a full plan in place - it really does highlight your commitment to becoming AF.

You seem very honest about what you want and that is a good thing - if you are honest to yourself then you can't deceive others. In terms of your husband your sobriety has to be for you, but your relationship will reap the benefits. I'm sure given a bit of time, healing and restoration things will improve. The very fact that he is wanting to have a look at the site shows that he hasn't given up so you make sure you don't either! Hang in there and give it all you've got. We're with you all the way.
                    "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am with my mother today. I'm wearing a face mask. My doctor says that I am no longer contagious, but I am not taking the tiniest risk of passing strep to my mother.

I watched the documentary that Neddy included in his post this morning. My mother was napping. I watched in stunned silence. About halfway through, I started to cry. I am grateful that I watched it. As I learn more and more about alcoholism I hope to become a better listener with those caught in the trap and wanting desperately to get free. Thank you, Neddy.

I have not been able to read posts beyond a few from this morning. I will be returning home this evening. I hope to get caught up with All of you. There are new people here who I have not had the opportunity to become acquainted with. I look forward to that. And I want to know how my Fellow Nestmates are. I keep every single one of you in the center of my heart. ~
                      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Lots of fantastic, inspiring posts today. Lots of people putting good solid plans into place.

My plan for tomorrow is as follows:

Up early and go running or swim/sauna depending on weather
                        Wait for the gasman to come (seeing as he didn't come today grrr!)
                        Take my Mum to visit my sister (no one in my family really drinks so that is easy peasy!)
                        Log on here for a while in the evening
                        Go to bed

It's simple, but effective!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1539400 wrote:

I watched the documentary that Neddy included in his post this morning. My mother was napping. I watched in stunned silence. About halfway through, I started to cry. I am grateful that I watched it. As I learn more and more about alcoholism I hope to become a better listener with those caught in the trap and wanting desperately to get free. Thank you, Neddy.
                          Hi Neddy, can I please get a copy of the link to the documentary. I can't seemed to find it in your posts from this am.

Thank you again for your help getting through this day!!
                          :h Cynthia Lynne (Cyn) :h
                          __________________________________________________ ____
                          ?One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.?

AF- 8/1/13
                          7 Days- Done 8/7/13 :thumbs:
                          14 Days- Done 8/14/13 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone
                            Hope everyone has there plans ready for the week
                            I,m away up at Brisbane for a week visiting sons and brother
                            And to do some shopping

Comment

Newbies Nest

cynthialynne;1539403 wrote: Hi Neddy, can I please get a copy of the link to the documentary. I can't seemed to find it in your posts from this am.

Thank you again for your help getting through this day!!
                              Here you go my friend. Quite harrowing, but a real cautionary tale.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4&hd=1[/video]]Drugged - High On Alcohol - YouTube

Comment

Newbies Nest

witts end;1539405 wrote: Morning everyone
                                Hope everyone has there plans ready for the week
                                I,m away up at Brisbane for a week visiting sons and brother
                                And to do some shopping
                                My goodness, it's morning for you, Witts End and here's me just heading for bed!

Plan is committed above. I hope you have a great time with your family and shop till you drop!

Comment

Working...
                                X