Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Nice day in my portion of the nest after such a long spell of extreme heat, humidity & rain

Rahul, you are doing great stay close to the nest ~ we are here to support you on your journey.

Allan, I'm going to ask you to please stop talking about the AL in your fridge. It's not really funny, entertaining or anything. It could be troublesome to the newbies just arriving & trying to put together a few AF days
    Perhaps you could start a thread in the General section & have your discussions there. Let's keep the nest chatter safe for the newbies.

Tess, I had a terrific luncheon here yesterday with my nephew, his wife & daughters after not seeing him for 7 years!!! No one asked for a drink, no one & that was nice. Hope you enjoyed your company today.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, tonight is my 30th night going to bed AF. Keeping my schedule full has been the key to my success...Walked the dogs 3 miles, then taught a special needs boy a swimming lesson (he has autism) then gentle yoga with my daughter. She's at the movies with friends and I'm about to start another breaking bad. Good night and sleep tight all....Piper

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a great evening nesters! I love reading all your posts. Sometimes I don't post much because all I have at the moment is a iPad and what a pain to type!!! Hope to get my lap top back soon!!

piper Way to go!!!!! :goodjob: 30 days is a huge milestone! So happy for you!!!

Ra-sweet .... Just keep eating!! You can cut back when you get into smoother waters!! I am on day 5 & have been keeping myself full all day .... Just don't want any room for AL. Tonight I'm stuffed ... But that's ok ... Im feeling more confident and will start cutting out sugar this week!

Byrdlady ... I love reading EVERYTHING you write ... Such wisdom!

Allan Kay ... Personally it is a hard post to read at 5 days. I know we live in a alcohol filled world but this is a safe haven for me ... Others too. I'd sure appreciate your posting about your Al filled fridge elsewhere! Thanks so!

Tess .... Loved that analogy!! A keeper

Neddy ... What a perfect day!

Today my DH and I took a 10 mile bike ride along the lakes. I felt overwhelmed with gratitude that I've chosen life over AL. I am slowly awakening to the truth that I have a choice. The scripture "choose today life or death" seems fitting. (It's in Jeremiah or Isaiah)
        As I feel certain I want to choose life. I wasn't always so certain.

Good night all!
        Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
        AF - July 31, 2013
        :lordhelpme:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Piper 30 days is fantastic! Congratulations! Any words of wisdom you'd like to share? What worked, what didn't?
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1540060 wrote: Kei$ha's tik tok song reminded me of all my nights out and I had a spontaneous craving for barcardi breezer...LOL
            Haha, that song probably more than any other reminds me of club nights while I was working and living down in Miami. And Bacardi anything was my drink :H

Piper, wtg on 30 days, that is huge!

I'm enjoying reading all the posts here tonight, I'm tapering down over the last couple days with beer after a couple months of drinking and tomorrow will be day 1 for me. Pardon me if I talk to much tonight, I tend to do that sometimes
            Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. - Jim Rohn

You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of. - Jim Rohn

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters! 0630 Monday morning here. I've been working all weekend so I don't have the Monday blues. In my crazy world, Wednesday will be my Friday this week!

Woofer, nice to meet you, let us know about your taper and how your day 1 goes.

Piper, huge well done on day 30, it feels awesome, doesn't it? :goodjob:

I'll be around and about till it's time to leave for work, happy Monday everyone!
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone,

Woofer, good luck with day 1. You sound very positive. Good for you!

Tess - the food at the BBQ sounded really nice and the analogy about eye colour was spot on.

Piper - 30 days! A great accomplishment and an inspiration to those of us behind you.

BH - I don't have the Monday morning blues. I have the Monday morning DOes. I do get to go into work today: lots of folk don't have a job; I do get to drive my old car: a number of people don't have a car and would like one; I do get to stay sober: many people are struggling more than I and I realise how fortunate I am.

Feeling optimistic about today and the future.

Best wishes to all nesters.

Neddy
                "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new: well its my first day on here and im really looking for some help on home detoxing, I ve been drinking for years and really had enough now, but just don't know where or how to start, any help would be appreciated x

Muppett;520445 wrote: I've just slunk into the "nest". It just sounded so inviting and SAFE.
                  Just going to tuckie myself up in a little corner, observe, sip my wine........except Mondays when I will be a/f. (as I was last Monday for the first time I can remember). Just going to enjoy a safe place.

Please, if anyone else here is as scared as I was going A/F for just one night, talk to me. I have the willpower of a gnat so if I can do it, ANYONE can.

Thank you for providing a nest.

Love Muppett (in OZ but really a KIWI)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lacey,

Welcome to MWO. You are already in one of the best places for support: the newbies nest! I would advise you to spend some time reading through the last few days of posts to get an idea of what is on offer and what people are talking about. I would also click on the toolbox if you want some practical strategies for stopping drinking.

I have also found it useful to not think about giving something up but actually gaining lots of things instead: dignity, peace of mind, self-respect etc.

Another thing I have found useful is to focus on sobriety and its benefits rather than the concept that you are denying yourself alcohol.

Good luck. There are lots of people here who will be only to pleased to help you. Post as often as you can and get your feelings off your chest - a problem shared is a problem halved.

Best wishes, Neddy
                    "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Guys,

didn't mean to offend anyone with my last post. Trying to keep myself accountable by posting here and didn't really think how the post could be viewed by Newbies, before I posted.

Allan
                      AF since 1st Sep 2012
                      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi really. I'm on Day 2 - yet again.

wishing everyone well.

x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Piper, CONGRATS on 30 AF days :yay:
                          Keep that good feeling going!

Hello & welcome woofer, Lacey & OnceMore!
                          Glad to have you all here in the Nest. I highly recommend reading the MWO book which you can download from the Health store here. That's how I got started & found success. Take a look in the Tool box for great ideas to help you make your plans. Be sure you are safe detoxing & get medical help if needed. Stay well hydrated with lots of water & tea. Get some healthy food on board too.

Allan, thank you! I have strong feelings about keeping the nest as comfortable as possible for the newest newbies

Neddy, gratitude is what it's all about, you are doing great

Have a great AF Monday one & all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

After just having spent money on the kudzu and L-Glut and B vitamins i'm not sure I have the money for the book too! :-S

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!
                              Early doors this morning!
                              Firstly, Awards!
                              Piper, it is with great pride that I am able to atop your head with this great honor.

:day5:

Wow...I know when I first came on board, 24 hours seemed impossible, let alone 30 days. Well done!! We've all come to love acceptance speeches!! Would you have a few words?

Welcome Woof and Once! My piano teacher used to say, "now once more....with FEELING." I had NO idea what she was talking about, I was doing good just to hit the notes. We are so glad you found us....this is the best place on Earth to get your act together! Read and Post!

Hope everyone has a very happy AF Monday!! Make it a good one! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. Welcome to the newbies.
                                Congrats piper. :wave:
                                I feel the same way you do Neddie about what I am getting instead of what I am giving up. I'm getting life again.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X