Newbies Nest

AllanKay thanks for understanding!
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Well its been a while since the last time I was in here, once again Im back on day one, feeling tired, emotional and scared Determined to do this now though, and went to my second AA meeting last night, I had to admit that after the 1st meeting I thought I wasnt as bad as the people there and could manage my drinking on my own... sadly this is not true and I do need all the help I can get

Any tips greatly appreciated

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fallen angel best advice I can give is do whatever it takes. This is priority one for you, listen to your body and give it what it needs. Water, food, exercise, sleep, whatever it takes. The first is tough, take it by the hour if you need to. Fill in your time so that you don't become restless. Post and read. Stay near we want to help!
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

OnceMoreWithFeeling;1540217 wrote: After just having spent money on the kudzu and L-Glut and B vitamins i'm not sure I have the money for the book too! :-S
          OnceMore - I believe that the book can be downloaded for free from the Health Store on this website. Give it a try. If you have problems, let us know; we will give you a helping hand.

To all Nesters - I just woke up at 5:30, which is "sleeping in" for me. I'm going to walk my dogs and then will be back to say a proper Good Morning!! :chick:
          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
          pointed the way
          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the advice, I just feel so emotional at the minute and very scared. I didnt go into work on friday because i was drinking, and again I should have been there today... I feel so down about it all, but determined to beat this

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, LB, thanks for the kind and encouraging words.

Fallen Angel, I have done the same as you in the past: gone to AA meetings and thought, "I'm not as bad as them." Forgetting of course that alcoholism is progressive: they must have been at my stage at some point before they got to where they are now. The logic is easy: if I don't do something about me now, I could be them in the future. We can avoid that trap if we do one thing - don't lift a drink. I know it can be hard sometimes, but think of the people who are really ill with terminal conditions. I am sure that the would love the opportunity to arrest a bad habit if it was guaranteed to give them life. That, though, I suppose, is the insanity of the alcoholic. I feel a bit of a hypocrite writing this as I have had so many quits and day 1s that I should have "got this" before now.

Anyway, best wishes and good luck.
              "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

So true Neddy, Ive just got to stick at it this time I know. Im half wondering whether to tell some close friends and family to get a little more support? has anyone on here ever done that?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy is two weeks AF

Woot go Neddy! Two weeks is a real accomplishment and you have been an inspiration the whole way! Thanks for sharing with us!

:applaud::greatjob2:
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fallen I think the more you say it out loud the better. The more you talk to those close to you the better too!
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think your right 2013, im just so sick of feeling alone and scared with my drinking. Im going to tell some of my family and my close friends. The thing is with some of my friends they all love a good drink and they wouldnt think my binge drinking is a problem, but when its effecting my day to day life (like work and relationships) then it is a problem for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all,

Sorry to have been away needed a break not from any of you, just took some time for myself, to refresh and regroup.

Trying to catch up but working long exhausting hours and usually come home and go to bed, off wed so maybe I can catchup then.

Love to all and keep fighting the good fight.

Welcome to all the newbies.
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

FA no-one thinks I have or had a drinking problem. But they respect my decision to quit. I told them I was drinking for all the wrong reasons and drinking alone and never less than two,usually more than I really wanted. Definitely too often, as in daily. The details are up to you to share or not but the fact that you've decided to quit is one thing I think is well worth sharing.
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Tess!
                            JDG you're at a new job right? Look forward to seeing you on Wednesday! Keep up the good work!
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

Piper, congratulations on your 30 days! That's a huge accomplishment.

Neddy, congratulations on your 2 weeks. I always enjoy your posts.

Welcome back, Fallen. I found it helpful to have some support offline, so I told my family, some friends and coworkers. 3June is right on about just taking good care of your body.

Have a great AF morning!
                              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back JDG and well done on your 30 day AF

Comment

Working...
                                X