Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 1, let's do this! Depending on how I feel later I may go to a SMART meeting, and I plan to generally take care of myself today, get some work done, and get back to sober living. Be good all!

woof
    Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. - Jim Rohn

You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of. - Jim Rohn

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear All,
      I am back from holiday and happy to report day 18 AF. I haven't been able to catch up on posts but wanted to share something I thought about while labouring up the hills with my backpack.

Re addictions. If I were addicted to eating a gallon of ice cream or a large bag of potatoe chips every night, do you think anyone would tell me "ice cream/potatoe chips are not bad for you, if you eat in moderation. So, just cut down on how much you consume, maybe only a pint of ice cream or a small bag of potatoe chips per night? Not.

Once we cross over to addiciton, there is no going back to normal. Took me a long time to come to this acceptance.
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks broken and no sugar.. day one done and dusted, I'm feeling a lot better than I was earlier, just about to go to bed so ill say night, see u all tomorrow x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight Fallen Angel - Good work on Day One. See you tomorrow!! Sleep well. ~
          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
          pointed the way
          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, well done FA, your day 2 is on the horizon, and now the possibilities are endless. Same for you Woofer, well done! Get to that SMART meeting and let me know how it goes, I am dying of curiosity about SMART!

wb free, it's great to see you back and AL free. I like your ice cream analogy, though I never did like the stuff much.

NS thanks for the link to the relapse thread, I am going to have a look at that, I don't think I have read it before. Something else to add to my bag of tools!

Another hectic day at work today, a really good workout at the gym, feeling really good and bought myself a nice bunch of flowers on the way home. Why? Because they're pretty, and I wanted them. And I deserve to have the things I want on account of my general awesomeness. :H

Seriously though, since quitting AL and cigarettes I have been treating myself to little things like that. When I was drinking every penny was a prisoner, and as much as I have always loved flowers, if it came to a choice between wine or flowers, wine would win every time. Oh, I also bought a CD for the car...Dance Anthems! Now that's the stuff to get your blood pumping on the way to work in the morning!
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1540429 wrote: ....Another hectic day at work today, a really good workout at the gym, feeling really good and bought myself a nice bunch of flowers on the way home. Why? Because they're pretty, and I wanted them. And I deserve to have the things I want on account of my general awesomeness. :H....
              BH - You rock!!! :yes2:

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2, done and dusted. Day 3 starts tomorrow. I just want to get a to a week this time, then I'll think about the next step.

night all. x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great stuff Halo,

Gidday Nester's. Huge welcome to all the new and not so new folk. Great to see you here. This thread is very powerful.

All good here. Not sure what day i'm on, i just check on Samstone's roll call. :goodjob:

Think positive and have a beeewdiful day y'all.

edit: Hiya Once more and Tess!

G bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1540231 wrote: ....I feel the same way you do Neddie about what I am getting instead of what I am giving up. I'm getting life again....
                    Lil' Beagle - I'm with you and Neddy (and many others): I am getting LIFE again. The things that I am required to give up pale in comparison to the awesome life that I am gaining!! So long, misery -- and good riddance... You are on my mind today for no particular reason that I know of. I think of all Nesters nearly every day. But once in a while a certain person will be tugging at my heart. Hugs to you!! :heartsnflowers:

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

No Sugar. Thanks for the link. It scares me a little that every quit gets harder since quitting the first time was pretty non-eventful, due mostly to the Antabuse. I'm not even disappointed in myself. I feel OK about it, but maybe that's a problem. Why did I drink? I wanted to. It was hot and a really cold beer sounded great. I did stop, didn't want anymore. And I don't feel like I want anymore. In fact, I'll be back on my antabuse this evening just because like I said, I like being the cook kid who just doesn't do that anymore. I do that flounce, the twirl and hair flip thing and yes, I am better than you. "nani, nani, nani"

Glad you all are still here. and I don't count my days anymore because I just like it to be a thing, not a THING. Does that make sense?

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Tess. You are in my thoughts often, also.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone
                          Everyone sounds like they are doing well
                          What is a smart meeting .......USA thing
                          Have a good day everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening, Nesters! Hectic day.....lots of driving today and 2 aggravating meetings. At least I'm home.

So good to see all the new nesters and the returning ones. Make this your last day 1. As everyone can clearly see, we have to get AL out of our lives, and the sooner you do it the easier it will be. It's not going to be any easier tomorrow than it is right now. In a year or so, you'll look back and wonder why the hell you ever drank to begin with. I have become very comfortable in my sober skin. I do not need, nor do I want a drink. Ever. Not after what it did to me. Why would I do that? Maintaining is 1000 times easier than crawling out of a hole...so grab on to your quit and hang on for dear life!! This time, with feeling!!!! :H:H:H

Off to catch up on email....what a day!! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit....I wanted to go and grab an early post of yours. If our words of caution won't get thru, maybe your own words will. Hop right back up with us....get back to the basics, and what worked. What worked back in December still works today. In our lives there is NO room for AL. Not one, not ever. Recommit to the AF path. You will never regret it! Byrdie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              December 2012 by Overit:
                              'Almost-I can't even imagine what you are going through. How are you keeping AF?
                              Muron-that's me. I have FINALLY come to realize there is no moderation for me. It's all or nothing. I've tried moderation for years now and it only gets worse and worse. Each time I think I'm drinking for the last time so I really do a good one, and then of course pay for it, and then of course drink to get over the drunk, etc. Good luck to you tomorrow. Please check in with us and let us know how you are doing? Be safe.'
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

AH, thanks Birdie. I wrote that? I might just go back and read some of my earlier posts. Such a wise woman, huh? Love ya' babe! I knew I could be honest with you all. Thanks.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                                X