Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on 100 days of success, Steady and Little Beagle!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woofer....glad day one is almost done. I enjoyed SMART.....the meetings though ended. Strong online community. I still have the handbook on hand. I liked the logic of it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I didn't log on until after midnight - so technically I missed posting here on the 5th and it's already the beginning of the 6th of August! I guess if AF days go by that fast I'm in for a real ride!! :H

So many good things happening on this thread! Congrats little Beagle and Steady! I would be so happy with 100 days! You must feel so proud. :goodjob:

Good to see you over hear Woof ... Day one down and on to day 2. The best thing about day 2 is that day one is OVER!!! I'm officially on day 7 and the best thing about that is that the first 6 days are OVER!

I can without a can - I love that thought!!! Your name that is! Congrats on day one - same to you as Woof ... Day one done ... onto day 2

Everyone needs a safe private place to hide out when life gets crazy - this nest is that.
        Night all
        Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
        AF - July 31, 2013
        :lordhelpme:

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning all, well here I am on day 2 back to work and my stomach is in knots, thank goodness for rescue remedy I'm only on a 2 day week this week so will be keeping myself plenty busy and sorting my house out, can't wait for everything to be tidy then ill start on the DIY and the gym just got to get through today first. have a great day guys

Comment

Newbies Nest

Huge congrats to LB and Steadfast, 100 days is wonderful! You should both be very proud, you are a true inspiration , well done!

Enjoy your day 2 FA, your stomach may be in knots but at least you are not hungover! I can, I love your screen name, well done on day one.

Well done to you too woofer, I know you feel like crap still, but it will be worth it.

I am typing this in a hurry as dashing off to work again. I got up this morning to have a shower and there was a huge spider in there! After much screaming and jumping up and down I managed to do battle with it (well I turned the shower on full and flushed it down the drain.) All through my shower I was eyeing the plug hole nervously in case it crawled back up to join me.

Set back number 2, put some mascara on while my porridge was cooling. Took a mad sneezing fit as soon as I had put it on, that left me looking like Alice Cooper! The porridge got cold as I did a repair job on my poor face.

I still feel joyful though, setbacks or no. Here's a wee quote about choices I found this morning:

Choosing to live your life by your own choice is the greatest freedom you will ever have.

It's by a Dr Shad Helmsteter, I nee to do a bit more research on him, great name!

I better hustle folks. I hope all my Nester friends, old and new have a fab Tuesday, I plan to!

BH :h
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nesters!

Congratulations Steady eddie and Little Beagle on 100 days! Yay! What a huge accomplishment.

Bravo!

Keep it going F angel. You're doing a great job.

Jack's a beeeewdy Niner! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just like to add my congrats to Steady and LB. 100 days is a real achievement and a real inspiration. Well done, folks.
                "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

What's wrong with the Alice Cooper look BH? :H
                  I am not a fan of large spiders either, yuck. Hope you have a great day!

I'm enjoying some peace, quiet & coffee before my granddaughter awakens & her day begins
                  Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

'I was out fishing the other day and said to my mate I think I'll divorce my wife she has'nt spoke to me In three months - he said to me are you crazy women like that are hard to find'

And with that i'll bid ye all g'night from Straya.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick post this morning.
                      Thanks you guys. I would not be able to stay the course if it wasn't for all the help I receive here.
                      I am going to tell you a little about what I am going through but I think I will do it on a new thread. I don't want to hijacking this one. Look for it a little later. I could use input.
                      Have a great one all.
                      G-man you can talk to her.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                        Getting ready for another day in the salt mines. It's just 8:30 and already 2 complaints. I will turn that around by saying that I have a job for someone to complain about, so life's not all bad!! In fact it's really pretty good when the right things are in charge.
                        Lots of Day 2'ers here, so good to see that. So true that Day 2 is twice as good as Day 1!! Keep it going!
                        I'll check in a bit later, so good to see everyone! Hugs all, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woot - day 3. My fella is trying to get me to go to the pub later for a catch up with friends but I'm not ready so am saying. NO.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, OMWF

It might be a good idea not to allow temptations into your life for a good long while. I was almost a complete hermit for ~ 2 weeks and then did not choose to be in places where I would have to resist drinking for a couple months. There is no reason to make this even harder than it is! After you get used to not drinking and are feeling good, being around people who are drinking isn't so hard. Just give yourself every possible chance to succeed!

Have a good day, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello nesters,hope everyones having a wonderful day
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 7 done and under my belt. Hello again AF Tuesday, we meet again! Goal achieved! Overall doing as good as or better than expected. Got way more upset than I should have been over something yesterday, but it's just my emotions trying to figure out the new normal. My next short term goal is to complete Day 13. Have a great day everyone!
                                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X