Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon friends,

RRH, of course there's room for one more. Welcome back. It sounds like shopping is a place in your life in need of a plan. Can you stock up on groceries for one week and avoid the store? Then you can prove to yourself that you can go longer than 3 days. I know all about the compulsion of buying more when you don't want to. I used to tell my wife I was going to buy crazy things like 9volt batteries. I wasn't fooling her but I was fooling myself! Being free of that life and the self loathing is SUCH a relief!

Cynthialynne, what a sad story with that guy...

Rahul, it's amazing how well sleep can "work" when we let it do what it's supposed to do. To think that we used to mess that up with alcohol...

3june, good luck with those hard nights, I know the pain.

I started meditating yesterday. I'm going to give it a trial and see if it is something worthwhile to add to my life (I'm suspecting it is). I never would have had the time, inclination to try something like that before.

Great to see you all today! Have a great AF afternoon!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all just a quick post before bed. Day 2 is over for me, my stomach is starting to settle a little and for the first time in ages i felt hungry today hope everyone is having a great AF night and is feeling positive. night all c

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9,

I watched the documentary... didn't expect that ending... very sad....

Luckily I never came close to being that addicted...
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you on day 2, FA.

Hopefully it'll be your last day 2.

I hope you sleep well and your tum is better soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just logging in to say goodnight everyone. Happy to report my knee was okay at the gym, just generally happy but tired. I am really pleased to see all these days being racked up, well done, Rahul, Cyn, Elvis. And everyone else. Goodnight and sleep well and peacefully
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night BH. I'm off to bed soon too xx
              "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

night broken, sleep well

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy Merrill;1540796 wrote: Good night BH. I'm off to bed soon too xx
                  Night Neddy :l
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here is a documentary about the cost of Alcohol to our society. Next time someone says alcohol is not a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-i4W9lgnGU[/video]]

Allan
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

4th night being sober can't sleep. I am super active ate two bags of lays chips and gulped a soda. And watching this documentary on you tube ...
                      Rahul
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                      Rebooting ... done ...
                      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow! thanks for sharing that k9,im balling my eyes out,it needs to be a sticky right with "rain in my heart"
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, that was some documentary. Thanks, Allan, for sharing that link.
                          I didn't lose my job or my home over AL, but I could see that on the horizon. I could easily see that buying, drinking, disposing of empties and planning my AL was becoming an all-consuming task.

We don't have to be a statistic! Sticking together and posting daily really CAN change your life! Staying connected here gives you insight into your past, present and future! Like someone said earlier you don't have to find out everything the hard way! We know that all it takes is one lousy drink. And really, what's THAT going to do for us anyway? We can see for ourselves here (7 years of data right here) that one drink only leads to despair. Don't give in nesters! It IS worth the fight!!

You will never regret making the choice NOT to drink!! Make a plan for success and you will have it! Have a wonderful night in the nest! Here's the Butt Velcro! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Neddy Merrill;1540774]Hiya folks, I just wanted to check in to say to Cyn, Rahul and Elvis that I am made up that you have been doing so well and that in a short space of time you have come so far. Fantastic guys! You are an inspiration.[/QUOTE
                            Neddy, You are AWESOME!!

You were the first one to write me a private message on Aug. 2nd (my day 2).
                            That it was enough to make me feel special, and really believe. I CAN BEAT THIS!

This site is most certainly invaluable!!
                            Thank you again, My friend!!:l

Thank
                            :h Cynthia Lynne (Cyn) :h
                            __________________________________________________ ____
                            ?One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.?

AF- 8/1/13
                            7 Days- Done 8/7/13 :thumbs:
                            14 Days- Done 8/14/13 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy Merrill;1540774 wrote: Hiya folks, I just wanted to check in to say to Cyn, Rahul and Elvis that I am made up that you have been doing so well and that in a short space of time you have come so far. Fantastic guys! You are an inspiration.
                              Neddy, You are AWESOME!!
                              You were the first one to write me a private message on Aug. 2nd (my day 2).
                              That it was enough to make me feel special, and really believe. I CAN BEAT THIS!

This site is most certainly invaluable!!
                              Thank you again, My friend!!:l
                              :h Cynthia Lynne (Cyn) :h
                              __________________________________________________ ____
                              ?One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.?

AF- 8/1/13
                              7 Days- Done 8/7/13 :thumbs:
                              14 Days- Done 8/14/13 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey All
                                Finally back to somewhat semi normal. That long withdrawls I was going through, was actually kidney failure. Good thing I took the advice to go to the ER from some great people on here. Im 41 and that scared the sh** out of me. So I wont be drinking , and have not haven't even counted the days. Still feeling low energy , doctor said it would be normal for weeks to come. I don't miss that alcohol at all. I just threw away the last liquor bottles I had hidden and I almost puked from the smell.

Comment

Working...
                                X