Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hi nesters, I haven't been far away just electronically disconnected that's all - I'm still here on my branch.
    Lav we've actually got sunshine today and I've just put some washing on the line (I love bringing in washing when its been outside - oooooo the perfume!) Rain forecast for the weekend though so making the most of it today. Trouble is the sunshine shows up all the dust!!!
    Have a good Thursday everyone, if I'm absent its because of my unpredictable internet but I will be thinking about you all
    Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all,

Nice to see you back Sooty! The storms knocked out our power over night, woke up this morning to the hum of the generator. Power & everything is back now, phew!

Tranq, the fledglings need to learn the art of moderate drinking from you! I'm way too chicken to step into that arena I'm glad they have you as a teacher!

Phoenix, I agree with Tranq - one lite beer is hardly a misstep. Just keep going

Well, time to get to work.
      Wishing everyone a terrific Thursday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nestlings!

Well, I lied (or was gravely mistaken) when I said things were slowing down here! :upset: Heavens, if this keeps up I'll be working through Christmas.

So, how is everyone? Phoenix.. nice to meet you Listen to Granny Lav - rise as often as it takes! It took me many, many tries but I'm coming up on 4 months AF next week and that was completely unthinkable a year ago. So... hang in there. It WILL stick one of these days.

Well, folks, the white stuff has moved in here - that beautiful November weather was just too good to be true. I'm SO not a winter person. Don't like the cold, hate spending 10 minutes just to get dressed to run to the mailbox, etc. I want one of those life fast forward remotes! One click and it'd be May.. how cool would that be!? :H

My property sale is still in the making... having a hard time organizing the last 2 inspections (lots of leaving messages, waiting to hear back, etc.) but I'm still hopeful that the deal will go through. My daughter is doing ok - had a bit of a scare there last week but baby seems to be doing alright. Due date is set in mid June now. Sophie is also doing well; she seems to be buddying up with one of the other mares there - I watched the 2 of them for a bit this morning

And that's it, that's all.. gotta run! Take care everyone!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Sunni, always good to see you
          I'll let that crack about 'Granny Lav' go for now..............then it will be your turn!!!!
          I'm glad your business is keeping you busy & focused. Wow, 4 AF months coming up soon - Terrific
          No snow down this way yet, of course. We don't really see much of that stuff until Jan/Feb/March. I can live quite well without it. This is my busy time for work as well, no complaints in that area!
          I'm glad your daughter is OK, Ms Sophie too!

Hope to see some other peeps fly in tonight - if not the night light will be on!
          Take care!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, Sunni, Sooty!

Guess I'm the only other one peepin'.

Hi Sunni. I was gonna make a granny comment, but Lav beat me to it. Wow - four months af is awesome. Don't forget to make some Sunni-time for yourself.

Got cold here this week too, a few flurries but nothing sticking. I'd take that May fast-forward too.

Take care all.
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunni, well done, lovely to see you hope things go well with the house sale, daughters and horses!
              Lav - don't talk to me about granny cracks, I'm called grandma much against my will - how old do you think that makes me feel?
              Tranq great to see you too my friend, I gotta run, I'm so scared my internet will crash again and all will be lost - yet again!!! I'll be writing in txt message style soon!
              C u l8r
              sooty xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Sunny but chilly here this morning!
                Glad to see Friday - this week has been getting a bit long for me. I had intended to do some holiday decorating this week but never got to it - hopefully I will this weekend. Being called Grandma really does make you feel ancient Sooty - but I love it when the little man comes over

Wishing everyone a terrific Friday, I'll check in later!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Helllo.

Just got in and had some dinner. Fought off the urge for a glass of wine to go with it. Quiet evening at home tonight. Got cold here - don't feel like going out again.

Hi Lav, Sooty. Quiet nest. Haven't had a chicken-checkin in a while. Hope phoenix is doing well.

Take care all.
                  tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Where o where is Chook? She was going away for a week for a wedding........she she hasn't returned?!

Sooty, I figure you're have internet problems again......that stinks.

Tranq - skip the wine, make hot chocolate

I gotta tell you - it's nearly 10 pm and I'm still inmy shop working.......getting tired. Oh well, I should sleep well tonight!

Leaving the night light on - be well!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. I've got my seven weeks AF today. I can't say that I'm feeling well though. I think it is just TTOTM, each time I've relapsed this year has been during PMS, discovered I'm not on my own with this though and it's a risk factor for a lot of women in sobriety. My father offered to come around tomorrow and help me put in a new garden arch. I said no because knowing my current mood, I will probably just be cranky and impatient with him.

Two months ago when I felt like this I went to my doctor and asked for tranquillisers and that turned out to be a big mistake for me. Not this time.

All in all though this time around sober for me has been a lot easier and I'm determined not to screw it up now. Christmas isn't particularly bothering me either, I'm prepared for it. I can barely recall last Christmas though as I was drinking so much. I'll probably stay close here the next few days if I am struggling. I've never passed two months before, so I think that is making me nervous. Once it is out of the way I'll probably feel fine, am going to try and think of a positive way to celebrate it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

Wow mel, congrats on your af time, 7 weeks is excellent!!
                        I'm sorry your are dealing with the mood swings, I do have a personal understanding of them. My Doc offered me Zoloft many times which I turned down. I wonder if I had given it a try, a low dose to stabilize my moods - perhaps things could have been different. You may benefit from the herbal supplement I take, Amoryn. It has done wonders for me, I couldn't be happier. I started it last January tp get a grip on my anxiety/depression. It took a while but by March 26 I was feeling so much better I commited to going AF & have stayed that way ever since Take a look at the website, see what you think: AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Antidepressant | Supplement for Depression & Anxiety

In the meantime mel, try to stick to your plan. Use all the tools available to help you stay AF. Feel free to PM me if you like!!

Well, it's raining lightly here right now, supposed to turn to snow later - we'll see! I think I WILL get to some decorating today

Wishing everyone a good Saturday - not a golf day here Tranq!

I'll check in later,
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Mel - great job on 7 weeks! Well done!

No golf today Lav - high around 30f. I think golf season is over 'til I can get down south.

Take care.
                          gw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav and TW. I think that I'm failing to appreciate the 7 weeks (that would've been unimaginable to me, epic, at the start of the year). You've helped me feel a bit more positive. I got some sleep and think I'm feeling a bit better now. I will look into that link Lavande, thanks.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still quite a quiet Nest these days.............

But, always good to see you Tranq, mel too

mel - this time one year ago I never would have thought I could be in the place I am right now..........
                              I was miserable, depressed, hungover constantly & just not enjoying anything. Everything has changed, improved dramatically, really You hang in there, you won't be sorry, I promise!

Fought the crowds at Toys R Us today but did get my grandson's gift. Now I remember why I was so happy when my kids outgrew toys...............

Wishing everyone a warm, safe night in the nest.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Phew! I've come up for air!
                                Just wanted to check in and say all is well. The wedding was good and we actually had a relaxing family holiday for once!(unheard of previously).
                                Am doing pretty good, but still not AF..have kind of exhausted myself thinking about it so much I think! Want to just not 'care' for a bit,but in saying that I am not loosing the plot totally. Not doing as well as I would like, but takiing baby steps to ease back into 'good-health'. First ones being able to get up at 5:20am each morning to take the puppy for a walk! I reckon that is a good start...hopefully, this will lead to bigger and better things!
                                Love to all,
                                Chook

Comment

Working...
                                X