Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello all
    Boy go away for a bit around here and there's all kinds of stuff happening, numerous celebrations of sobriety. It is all so wonderful to see! Can't go through the whole list but congratulations one all.
    LB and Steady are dynomite.

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

glad your back mike,omg so after i watched the lik k9 posted,and recovered i watched the one allen posted,very sobering,check em out everybody
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mike I am so glad you are back! I thought of you often and knew that something serious was going on. What are they doing for your kidneys?

I love coming here and seeing so many people on the mend. The longer the mending the happier they seem....also no bullshit about going back.

Today I met with my wine/liquor store client. I did not drink wine or liquor.....even as an alkie that stuff took my feet away....literally.

Anyways after 2 years he offers me a glass of wine today. I was kind of relieved as we now live very close to his store....and I knew he kinda wondered why I never bought wine there. I said "thank you, but I can't drink wine as it hits me hard". He was fine with that.....but the wine rep there kindly explained that it was all about tolerance and it was something I could work on so I could drink wine. I replied, "umm at my age I am focused on accomplishing other things". He then offered me some cheese

The really funny part was going into my clients office and there were empty wine glasses everywhere.....and a huge spittoon filled of spit out wine. Gross! And the owner complained to me that one of his employees was not spitting it out and clearly drunk. The wine store owner clearly stated to me that he did not like to be around drunk people. Probably seen more than his fair share of them

Came home and went shopping with my youngest and had a blast! I thought sober life would suck.....turns out its way more fun....even doing shopping

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you are back Mike.
          Congratulations Elvis. You are hanging in there. Everyone is doing great. I'm so glad to be here instead of in bed with a hangover.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS Elvis! Keep going

Mike, happy to see you again. Sounds like you had the proverbial wake up call
            Stick with us now, OK?

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fallen-Congrats on Day 2.. CL on Day 6 and sound so good.. Glad you're better Mike... REd, I think I was here w you in February? Welcome back to us both!!!! Husband really wanted a beer or drink today but we have none .... Normally I would have encouraged him to go get some absolutely.... He's NOT an alkie... So I could drink, but I just kept on sewing/watching shark week and asked kids to make tea.... And now here I am sober and proud

Glad to hear all doing well... Pinecone, neddy, sunflower, k9, Byrdie, Tess, lavande,
              Please pardon if I skipped anyone .... So hard to do this on iPhone and my computer way up front and occupied

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5 begins ... slept quite late and missed my morning appointment ny 1.5 hours. But still feel damn food as I didnt drink to sleep yesterday night like the way I have been doing for several years ... long day ahead. I wanted your advice guyz my vitals are out ... liver results, high uric acid, cholesterol. How long it takes to gring them down with assuption alcohol were respnsibe for it
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters. A quick fly by from me. No spider or mascara incidents to report this morning so it's all good

Rahul, you are doing great. I am no medical expert but I am guessing that Alcohol was a big contributing factor, stay off it and you can only get healthier!

Mike, it's good to see you back. Kidney failure sounds terrifying. It's a lesson to us all, we are not invincible to the effects AL can have on our bodies. Hope you are feeling better, stay strong :l

I have to dash off so I can't do the list thing, just have a wonderful day all Nesters, take care of yourselves, I'll post more this evening. :l
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening everyone

Yes our bodies do take a toll with al

Glad I'm conquering it

Have a good day

Comment

Newbies Nest

cynthialynne;1540825 wrote: Neddy, You are AWESOME!!
                      You were the first one to write me a private message on Aug. 2nd (my day 2).
                      That it was enough to make me feel special, and really believe. I CAN BEAT THIS!

This site is most certainly invaluable!!
                      Thank you again, My friend!!:l
                      Hi Cyn,

Thank you for your kind words. And you are absolutely correct: you can and will beat this! And you are special, totally one off and completely unique. Never lose sight of that and never let alcohol convince you otherwise.

Neddy
                      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all,

Starting on day 2, yet again. I made bad choices over the weekend, so I'm regrouping, refocusing and giving this another try.

Have a great day!

Cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello lovelies - hope everyone is well.

Day 3 complete - day 4 just begun.

Went for a meal with my partner last night and had jasmine tea instead of wine. Sat by the canal and watched the world go by, he had a cider and I had mineral water and a cigarette (I'm not ready to give those up quite yet). I tried one sip of cider (I'd never tasted pear cider before) but really didn't want any more.

I feel, kinda....smug.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, I'm new here although I have been looking at the site loads . . . . Today is a new start beginning with change in routine for evenings which is my problem time, although something quite often clicks in my head around late pm saying "it's okay". Cup of tea for me tonight when I get in (after cycling part of way home). So Day 1 for me . . . . .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco and dippy welcome. Just hang in here with us.
                              Everyone is sounding positive today. Have a great day all. Talk to you after work. I have a long day and need to get at it.
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hello & welcome Dippy, glad you decided to join us. Get a good plan together for yourself & stay close to the nest!

Congrats everyone on getting those first few days done, they are the hardest.
                                Developing a sense of gratitude is so wonderful. Make a gratitude list & add something to it each day

Have a great AF Wednesday everyone!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X