Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 5: Watching a movie at cinema in evening sober .... cant remember when was last tine I went sober
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters. Well done on all the success stories, cyn, elvis, all of you guys racking up time you are all doing great!

Rahul, well done especially to you. I know you travel alone a lot and it must be really hard for you. Your health is worth it my friend..:goodjob:

Welcome Dippy, you have landed in a good place, just look around and see what can be achieved!

Hi 3J. Where I live you can barely walk 300 yards without passing a corner shop that sells booze. Not expensive either. No wonder the West of Scotland has such a problem. Your research sounds like a good idea.

Allankay, thanks for that link. I haven't had time to watch it yet but will tonight or tomorrow. Hello Tess, NS, Neddy, Mandie, K9, Overit, nice to see you all here.

I finally have a day off tomorrow, woohoo! I love my job, but this week was challenging as I was covering for a colleague who was off sick, so I had even more of a workload than usual. It was good though and I know he'd do the same for me. Hell, he's done it many times when I have been 'sick'!

So, challenging week, day off tomorrow. A few weeks ago that would have added up to just one thing; a heavy date with AL. To 'relax' me, because I 'deserve' it. No more of that! I am learning how to really relax and give myself the things I really deserve.

I've had my workout, tired as I was I dragged myself to the gym and came out feeling 100 times better. Now I am going for a nice soak in the bath. I'll pop back later to see how everyone is doing
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all, Glad to see so many people doing so well. I'm of for something to eat, a bath and some TV. I'll check in later to see how everyone is doing.
        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5 carving very less

Hello friends day 5 ending. Having very less carvings, stuffing. Myself with food as usual and still feel like having sodas and ice creams. Any suggestions .
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul keep eating, it will get you through the first while. My understanding is we used to get our sugar/calories from AL, and now that we stopped drinking our bodies crave the sugar. I gave in for the first month and eventually it subsided. I might have overdosed on sugar on the occasional night but it's far easier to deal with than AL!

Hi everyone else you're looking/sounding great!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1541100 wrote: Hello friends day 5 ending. Having very less carvings, stuffing. Myself with food as usual and still feel like having sodas and ice creams. Any suggestions .
              worry about the sodas and ice cream later! The important thing right now is getting the alcohol out of your system and getting your head right. Alcohol is the worst, a little ice cream or cake won't kill you. Focus on what's most important right now Rahul, that's getting sober. you are doing great!
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, what they said!
                Good to see everyone! Congrats on the big numbers adding up!
                My hubs' brother came to visit out of the blue, so that was a surprise....trying to work and not seem rude. (they make phones now days....) UGG, stressful at work as it is...massive layoffs, they are officially down to the white meat. They have cut til it hurts bad!!! I honestly don't know what they are thinking....someone eventually has to do the work....but what do I know.
                Have a safe and comfy night in the nest....keep busy and full. If you went the last 15 minutes without drinking you can go the next. Hugs, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yo Nesters near and not so far!

Great to see all the cool AF achievements. Rack those days up like a string of pearls, as our Nurdl says.

How are you doing Nurdl, Jennie?

Think positive and have a magical day/evening ahead y'all.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just stopped in to wish everyone sweet dreams and safety in the nest tonight. I will check in tomorrow morning to see how you are all doing. NM
                    "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

[morning all another af night

I agree worry about the al first but saying that i found after the second week worring about my weight took my mind off al

Rahul keep up the good work

QUOTE=broken halo;1541102]worry about the sodas and ice cream later! The important thing right now is getting the alcohol out of your system and getting your head right. Alcohol is the worst, a little ice cream or cake won't kill you. Focus on what's most important right now Rahul, that's getting sober. you are doing great![/QUOTE]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie you bring up a very good point

Companies cut head count and cut pay to boos profits and increase their bonuses. It works in the short run but in the long run if every company does the same then these very same people will not have the money to buy their pointless products. And their workforce will be stressed out, less able to do their job and in the long run ruin the reputation of the company.

I have seen it first hand. I was working in a bank after the financial collapse and we had 2 out of 3 layoffs. I really couldn't understand how people managed to do the same workload with only 33% of the man power ????? I wish individual companies would collaborate, hire more people, pay them a good wage and this would resolve their balance sheet, fix the economy and make people happy in the long run - guaranteed.

AK
                        AF since 1st Sep 2012
                        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Checking in a little earlier than usual tonight. I have been on toddler watch again all day & I am about to expire :H How is it that a kid gets everything she wants & still manages to have half hour long tantrums? :H

CONGRATS Cyn on 7 AF days :wd:

Keep up the great work everyone.
                          For anyone wanting a little help reducing sugar intake - try some L-Glutamine. It helped me cut the sugar habit pretty quickly

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!!

I am with my parents for a few days lending a helping hand, so I haven't had much time to post.

Byrdie - Your work situation is horrible. And the fear of a layoff must worry you. I feel so sad for you!!

Rahul - Like you, I was a beer drinker. Lots of beer!! I gained a ton of weight while drinking. Don't worry about calories right now. You are probably NOT consuming as many calories as when you were drinking beer. However, do give a bit of thought to nutrition. Soda and ice cream and chips (junk food) are okay -- and certainly better than alcohol. But try to eat some protein and fruits and veggies too. When I decided to get sober in January I was obese and malnourished. Beer had been my food. Beer has LOTS of calories and zero nutrition. My weight is almost back to normal now and my health is significantly improved. So, as I say, don't worry about calories!! But do get some decent nutrition in your body. You are doing great!!!

I will talk with All of you tomorrow.
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all. I am truly sore in many muscles I did not know I had!
                              I say if having an ice cream helps, have one. I still do but have begun to limit sugar. It's funny now I am using the skills I learned to stop drinking to stay on my diet. I guess our brains can learn positive as well as negative behaviors. Woofer I liked what you told Ann. Very positive.
                              I am sorry your hours are messed up June3.
                              Byrdie sometimes it feels like no one recognizes our hard work. I know that feeling well.
                              Tess Hope things go alright for you while you are staying with your parents.
                              Neddy what I do when I'm busy and feeling stressed is think about everybody here and it distracts me. Before I know it that little voice urging me to drink has moved on. One of the things I use out of the toolbox is firmly turning my thoughts to something else. Reading and getting involved in the nest is something to turn my thoughts to.
                              I think I'm rambling. I am tired so I will say good night.
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brydie....I hear ya with the layoffs. They keep the salespeople.....and then we have no support to actually sell something. Personally I love how management sugarcoats it.....everything is going to be just fine because they certainly aren't the ones who have to do more work. But scratch their heads when sales are down.

My assistant is on her way to being fired. It'll take them six months to build the case, another three months to replace her and then another three months to train the new one. I have to spend the next three days cleaning up her mess....not selling!

Comment

Working...
                                X