Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Just checking in. Been a crazy week after the layoffs last week. Working crazy flip-flop days this week, 9am-6pm, 3pm-12am, back to 9-6 then 3-12 again. Will end up working 7 days this week, sucks. But I have a job, and am too busy to get wasted. Both are good things.
    Welcome to the many newbies, and welcome back to those returning.
    work those plans and stick close to the nest, get out that butt velcro!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 7 begins ! I intend to go for blood test tomorrow so see what mess I have done to my liver ...
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest. Lav is right, it's been a busy wee nest since I signed off last night!

Welcome to the Nest Ross, glad you joined us! I am in the UK too. You'll get a lot of support and advice here. When was your last binge, what triggered it? You say you struggle to come to terms with being sober for good. Did you talk to your counsellor about that?

I'm not the best person to give advice, but try to look at the positives about being sober rather than feeling you are missing out on something.

Rahul, good luck with the tests and well done on day 7! I am sure someone will be along to moon you any time now!

Mr V, I thought my shifts were crazy! But you're right. Thankful to have my job and it keeps me out of mischief!

LB, we love you too, your posts are always inspiring to me.

Neddy, Cyn, 3J, Pine, Sam, Byrdie, Tess, TS, Piper, and all other nesters who happen along, happy Friday!
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nest,
          I've checked in for a few days, but have been trying to keep up.

Welcome Ross88, don't give up. You will find great support here and just about everyone of us can relate to what you are going through.

broken halo, you have always had good advice and are a great inspiration to myself and I'm sure to many others.

Today is day 20, I'm feelin great.
          Ford

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

First of all I must thank LB for her wisdom - LB your analogy is very useful and very appropriate. Thanks

Welcome, Ross, to MWO. Lots of support here. Just stay in the nest and regain your strength.

Cyn, I hope you are looking back on last night with warm feelings of pride, self-worth and a realisation that you have the spirit to do what you want NOT what a bottle tells you.

To everyone else - have a great day! I'm off to work now to undertake a little bit of preparation for my official return on Monday.
            "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all

Just checking in and trying to take in everybody's achievements and advice. Said I'd post a benefit daily so here goes but already I am feeling a little better in all aspects . . . . but this time I have immediately also included exercise late afternoon so endorphines kicking in as substitute for evening AL. Happy and successful Friday everybody

Today I looked in the mirror and liked myself a little more
              Today I woke up feeling little brighter not so hazy, joints less stiff and eyesight little better

Day 1
              Day 2
              Day 3 will be

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome all new ones Ross and dippy
                Glad you have joined us
                Good for rah on day 7 ......how was the blood test
                Hello everyone else
                Have a good ad night

Comment

Newbies Nest

Booked an Archery instructor for Saturday morning. Isnt it better than nursing a hangover. I think yes!!! Take that drinkers...

AK
                  AF since 1st Sep 2012
                  NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Overcast skies here once again, what can you do? We just don't need more rain here, everything is soggy, yuck. I hope the rest of you are seeing some sunshine

Ford, very nice work on 20 AF days & Rahul on 6 AF days!

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Friday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boy Lav it has been nothing but rain for you. So sorry.
                      Allen archery sounds fun.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                        Great job on stringing those days together everyone! You always want to be in uncharted waters! Who wants to repeat Day 1 again? Hands? See, no one! I'm in them, Lav is in them, so many of us....stay the course! I'm 2 and a half years and I haven't been this sober since I was...well, 2 and a half! I've been re-born!

Friday is upon us. It's just another day on the schedule, not a time to blow it out! We don't deserve anything tonight except the MindPeace that being sober provides. Reward your self in other ways! Stay busy, keep your tummy full and tomorrow you will wake up feeling proud!
                        Hope everyone has a lovely day! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations, Rahul, on 7 Alcohol-Free Days!! This is a major accomplishment in The Nest. It gives us great joy to honor you with this award:

:moon:

May you cherish this award as much as we cherish you!! Nice work!!
                          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the support everyone. Last binge was this tuesday broken halo, longest I've stayed sober is approximately one month. A break up triggered my behaviour and a big part of going back to the drinking is loneliness, ive blown it a few times with getting to know other girls because of my drinking. I had sessions with turning point in the uk which really helped, i know exactly what i need to do to get better. My downfall is i can have one or two nights controlled drinking then a few days later its back to the old behaviour.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 10 done and under my belt. Woo, double digits! I've been feeling amazing this week, it's hard to believe only 11 days ago how miserable I was. I was a little sluggish yesterday morning and again this morning because I ran out of my Vitamin B supplements. Gonna stop at the drug store during my lunch break to pick up some more. I take a multivitamin daily, but I've been adding extra Vitamin B because alcohol zaps your Vitamin B. Now that I'm AF, I was wondering if I could stop taking it, and I guess the answer is no! Or at least not yet! :H
                              11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy Merrill;1541611 wrote:

Cyn, I hope you are looking back on last night with warm feelings of pride, self-worth and a realisation that you have the spirit to do what you want NOT what a bottle tells you.
                                Yes, all the advise was well received yesterday, and I feel grateful. I definitely made the right decision to skip the BBQ this early on with my new lifestyle.

I watched the game with my friend who doesn't drink at a restaurant and had 3 Arnold Palmers. Quite good, and reminds of summertime during my childhood. I was a little wired out from tea, but no guilt with that. :H

Woke up feeling fantastic and proud. I can watch football, enjoy it AND remember it today.
                                My team won their first pre-season game, it was ugly, but a win is a win.

Getting my plan together for the weekend!

~Fishing this evening
                                ~Mountain biking tomorrow
                                ~Hiking with a friend on Sunday that I haven't seen in awhile. Found a beautiful hike, (although not much is ugly here in Colorado) and thought I would share it:

ProTrails | Rogers Pass Lake and Heart Lake, East Portal Trailhead, Indian Peaks Wilderness Area, Colorado

Great job everyone in the nest. Have a wonderful, AF Friday.
                                Keep a smile,
                                Cyn:happyheart:
                                :h Cynthia Lynne (Cyn) :h
                                __________________________________________________ ____
                                ?One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.?

AF- 8/1/13
                                7 Days- Done 8/7/13 :thumbs:
                                14 Days- Done 8/14/13 :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X