Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello all, day two for me and I feel like a slug.... So tired.... I think this is a coincidence but hope it will pass quickly. Happy Friday everyone x
    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all!

It's just after 10 on a Friday evening here, sober Fridays are becoming the norm for me now. I look forward to hangover free Saturday mornings, they are amazing.

Wine no, it will get better. better to be tired than to be hungover, or worse going through WD's!! Ugh!

Ross, I am sorry to hear about your break up. I have never heard of Turning Point, I must google that. You say you can control your drinking for a night or two then it's back to 'the old behaviour'. Time to start planning new behaviours maybe?. You said before you were into kick boxing, was it? I can't emphasise enough how changing my thinking and my behaviours helped me. Also reading, planning, thinking about the life I want for myself on a daily basis. And this place. People like Lav, Byrdie, people who have been AL free for a long time yet they still care enough to share advice and help us every day with what they have learned on their journeys. Stick around, you'll learn a lot.

Elvis, well done on day 10, they don't call you the king for nothing! I take my vit B daily, I think it helps, but don't ask me to provide scientific facts, I really don't do science. :H

Cyn, sounds like you have an amazing weekend ahead of you, well done and not a drop of AL in sight!

Allan, hope you enjoy the archery. Sounds like a lot of fun and something I fancy trying too. Let us know how it goes.

LB, Lav, Byrdie, hope you all have a wonderful weekend and my continued thanks to you for helping me come this far. Tess, you too, and I knew you wouldn't pass up the chance to 'moon' Rahul!

Has anyone heard from Mike in Mass? If you're here Mike, hope you and your kidneys are making a fast recovery.
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all, welcome Ross!
        Well, you're in mighty good company here. If AL is causing a problem for you then you have a problem with AL. Just admitting that much to yourself is a big step...and so is joining this site. You are in the best place you could possibly land if you are serious about getting AL out of your life for good. It all starts with a decision. Our drinking is always a choice, no one puts it in our hands and forces us to drink it. Trouble is, that once you cross that line, the Jeannie won't go back in the bottle!! So we take the stance that it's just best NOT to start. It's not the last drink that gets us it's the first one. Be sure to check out the Tool Box, link below, and read and post! If you are like I was...I couldn't imagine a life without drinking! But here I am over 2 years later, doing it....and LOVING IT! You will find that, too. You really aren't giving up anything but guilt, shame, and remorse. There is so much to gain, but you will see that for yourself. We are so glad you're here!
        Have a great evening everyone....stay strong, we are all right beside you!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nesters near and not so far.

You're a riot Byrdie!

Well, being friday for many of you, it's POETS day. (Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday)

It is saturday morning here, and Sam i can tell you mate, that 90 days AF feels maaaaagnificent. I'll be giving them 100 day club folk some stick very soon.

Sensational job on 7 days AF Rahul! That's a hugely big deal around here. Keep it going.

Congratulations Elvis, on 10 days! Wild stuff friend.

Now nesters......come here for a second.....that's it, come in closer........Here's the brand new extra full strength velcro i've just had delivered, strap it to yer butt, and settle in to the safe, sound magical nest for the weekend. Think positive and reclaim your life now.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gonna give this a try. I posted earlier today and some of the responses suggested I hang out here and post. It was a tough day for me. Just had a run on the treadmill and I am feeling better. I was sober for three months and well the last few weeks I've resumed some of my bad habits. I decided today I'm done with AL. Just not convinced I can stay off. Just need some help and maybe some suggestions.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lizann;1541822 wrote: Gonna give this a try. I posted earlier today and some of the responses suggested I hang out here and post. It was a tough day for me. Just had a run on the treadmill and I am feeling better. I was sober for three months and well the last few weeks I've resumed some of my bad habits. I decided today I'm done with AL. Just not convinced I can stay off. Just need some help and maybe some suggestions.
              Hi Lizann,

Great to see you. Good on you for taking a stand. Take your precious life back friend. You know you can, as you've done this before. Nip it in the bud if you'll excuse the tasteless puns!

Have you read our toolbox? Click on this link and have a good long read for useful info, strategies and inspiration. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Go for it. G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for responses everyone, I've taken everything on board and will keep checking into this forum. Think the problem was i had some counselling and thought i had dealt with a few issues but obviously drink is still an issue and i don't want to fight with it for the rest of my life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am hanging in there. Extra strength butt velcro firmly applied tonight.
                  Friday nights have not been easy at my house for the past month. But it is very nice to come here with like minded friends.
                  Thanks for being here.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

If there is ever a night of the week that was harder for me, it was Friday. They will get much, much easier. But it's an adjustment. Tonight, I'm pooped from a crappy week at work, I'm going to bed, not passing out on the couch. Stay strong everyone! Nighty, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I guess I can now post in the newbie nest. Just got through day two. I feel very tired and am experiencing restless leg syndrome tonight. Is that a typical symptom of withdrawal? Sure is a strange sensation. And a friday night without a wine glass in hand -well that is just plain foreign. Clung to my water bottle instead.
                      Hope to get some rest tonight.
                      goodnight!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

sanchez, good job getting thru day 2. Hang in there, everything gets better, even those annoying jumpy legs

LB, sometimes I wish we all lived closer to spread the hugs around when needed. We've got you covered :l

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the nest!
                        Sam & G - you guys are both rocking this

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters,
                          Day 8:
                          I have something new to share ... I slept like a baby yesterday ... I'm came back from from family dinner and was so tired that I almost collapsed ....however without alcohol .... Had a deep sleep ... Feel good . Few days back I was dependent on Al for sleeping. Last week my brain has been quite active so had trouble sleeping ...

Cyn : you are lucky you have mountains for hiking and all summer activities. Live hiking when ever I go to Switzerland I do lots of hiking ... I have been sprinting things with drinking every night but probably this time I will witness what is it to travel without drinking.

I will also be visiting Colorado, denver in September ... Hope Tom be AF till then.

Still stuffing myself with food in evenings and being sober ... My earlier record was 11 days I thing 4 years back or so ...
                          Rahul
                          --------------------------------------------
                          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                          Rebooting ... done ...
                          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rah, good on you! Sleep is such a wonderful healer. Way to be there Elvis!

G-Man, we're doing it! I'm planning on this quit being quit for good. Couldn't feel this way without the support here. Thanks everyone.

Sam
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Samstone;1541898 wrote: Rah, good on you! Sleep is such a wonderful healer. Way to be there Elvis!

G-Man, we're doing it! I'm planning on this quit being quit for good. Couldn't feel this way without the support here. Thanks everyone.

Sam
                              Well done Sam and G Man, 90 days for you both! That's an awesome achievement and you are both an inspiration. Here, have a hug. :h:h
                              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

90 days! Well done Sam and GMan :-)

Day 3 for me and full of hayfever which explains why I was feeling so rough yesterday.

Have a lovely Saturday everyone x
                                AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Working...
                                X