Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone , day 8 got over ... Went to a party met old friends with whom I used to drink in college ... They were serving alcohol but nope ... I was not tempted at all ... I am so proud of myself ...

I also got blood test report of my lever not good ... Sgpt and ggtp way out. Cholesterol results will come out tomorrow (

What bad stuff alcohol does ...
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

RtheS, I bet when you get restested in 3 months your readings will be considerable better! The liver is quite forgiving (thank goodness). It just wants to be respected like the rest of us. Hang in there!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1542067 wrote: Hello everyone , day 8 got over ... Went to a party met old friends with whom I used to drink in college ... They were serving alcohol but nope ... I was not tempted at all ... I am so proud of myself ...

I also got blood test report of my lever not good ... Sgpt and ggtp way out. Cholesterol results will come out tomorrow (

What bad stuff alcohol does ...
        well done Rahul, and don't worry too much about the liver test. You are well on your way to healing your body and your liver. Every day makes a difference.

I struggled tonight, I suppose my defences were low due to this cold. Cold equals brandy in my old life.

But this is my new life.and I am totally committed to it.No brandy, no wine, no matter what.
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Finally sitting down to relax after a long but fun day. In case anyone wants to know, going to IKEA with a 2 & a 4 year old in tow is just plain crazy!!!!:H :H But we did have a lot of fun!

Rahul, congrats on your 8 AF days & not being tempted to drink. Your liver will improve provided you don't drink. Milk Thistle is a natural supplement known to help the liver heal. You may want to look into that

BH, I trust you found something else for your cold symptoms

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sam and G-man :wave:you are both an Awesome!!! So glad you are determined to make this your last quit Sam.
            Bhalo sorry you are sick. I always take extra zinc when I get a cold or flu. It shortens the severity and duration.
            Byrdie I loved the toilet jokes. I needed a good laugh.
            Good job cyn. Lucky you having such a beautiful place to spend time. The first month was the hardest for me. Being in such an inspiring place would really help that.
            Rahul great job. Just keep doing what you are doing and your body will heal.
            Where's Neddy?
            Allen we are going to have to rename you to Robin...have you Ben shopping for green clothes to go with your new hobby?
            I took my dogs to a new dog friendly beach today. Very nice. I plan to go back and spend some serious time there next week. If possible. Work has been very busy.
            I'm glad you are having so much fun with those babies Lav. I saw that pic of Stella and the little one. I did not know chickens were that huggable!
            Have a wonderful af time everyone. These are truly the best days of our lives. The ones we remember and feel good about. :beach::dog::dog:
            Why is that cat listed before the dog in the smileys?
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3 down. Big whew! Who quits embibing on a thursday anyway? Thursday was always a gear up for the weekend. Geez!
              Was running bored about 4:00 and called my brother to play some tennis. Luckily he was available and an hour and a half later cravings were dissipating.
              Thanks again for all the wonderful support in this nest.
              goodnight all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to beat it, Sanchez!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Sanchez. I like that name.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Thanks Lav and LB, I stuck to lemsips and tea, feel yucky this morning. My throat is really sore as well now. I'll just nurse myself today and hopefully be better for work tomorrow.

Well done Sanchez, tennis is great fun, isn't it? It sure beats drinking!

Morning Sam, happy day 91!
                    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters shared my liver and cholestrol reports with my wife ... in past I have done tests but had shared false reports ... In other words lied... to make her feel good.... my reports are better then last actual tests reports but since she never knew that in past I faked them and seeing these frwsh reports was a shock to her. I decided I will not lie to her anymore. I had lied about drinking and so many other things ...

Unfortunately I have yet not confessed to her that I have been secretly drinking everyday for most of our marriage. That has made our lives miserable ...

Under panic she took me to a doctor and doctor seeing my results probabily knew but still asked how much you drink ... I could tell him the truth ... (
                      Rahul
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                      Rebooting ... done ...
                      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's!

Great stuff Sanchez. Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. The drinking life has been well and truly flushed! And flush i am, with all this extra cash in my pocket.

Lookin' goooood, feeling goooood. Geez, i'll be hitched soon enough if i'm not careful!

Hang in there Rahul. You are doing a great job.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

BH - have you tried a product called Emergen-c? Heavy dose of vitamin C and B vitamins. Always helps me when I feel a cold coming on and to shorten its duration. It's OTC at any drugstore or Walmart. Just a thought....
                          Feel better!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Still lacking the sun this morning, oh well. Yesterday ended up fairly sunny & no rain so that was a nice change

LB, my chickens are very calm, don't mind being picked up by a 4 year old :H
                            I think it's the particular breed. I have a couple hens of a different breed that don't want any parts of a hug!

Rahul, remember it's one day at a time, one step at a time. We just cannot fox everything overnight. Focus on your #1 priority, remaining AF. Being open & honest with your wife is honorable & it will become easier for you when you no longer have to hide your behavior

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

sanchez;1542361 wrote: BH - have you tried a product called Emergen-c? Heavy dose of vitamin C and B vitamins. Always helps me when I feel a cold coming on and to shorten its duration. It's OTC at any drugstore or Walmart. Just a thought....
                              Feel better!
                              Thanks Sanchez. I went to Asda (our walmart) to see what I could pick up, I already have C and B vitamins and took an extra load of them this morning. I just hope my energy level picks up and I get something out of this sunny Sunday. I hate being stuck indoors!

Woot,G man looks AND money?? You'll be snapped up in no time! :H

Rahul, it's good that you have decided to be honest with your missus, I am sure after the initial shock she will do all she can to support you.

Lav, LB, the chicken talk is freaking me out, I am terrified of birds! This has been a recent thing, triggered my me finding a starling flying about my house one day :wow:

I can't stand to be near birds ever since!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!
                                BH, my fear of birds started with Alfred Hitchcock's rendition of birds gone wild! All that pecking!! Those beaks were sharp!
                                Rahul, did you see the movie 'Flight'? With Denzel Washington (great in everything). He says a line in that movie that resonated with me....'I didn't have one more lie in me'. That was me, too. Once I finally shook loose of AL, I have been able to be honest...with others, but especially myself. Bullshitting myself was the ultimate betrayal....how could I NOT have seen this? Addiction is truly baffling. Stay AF and you will find amazing truths about yourself...stay the course!!

I'm free of the house guest!! Hallaloooya! I just can't imagine doing that to someone else without calling first! I just want to sit and stare out the window and not make conversation or worry about meals. I have Houseguest Hangover!!! Lawd Half Mercy!!!

Have a happy, sober Sunday!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X