Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello.

Hi Chookly. On sabatical huh? I think you're right about working too hard at all this... you made me think that it would be great to 'not care' either way. I. e. not care if I drink or not care if I don't. I know that trying too hard can be counter-productive. Maybe someday we'll figure this out. 5:20am huh. I'm getting used to those early morning hours too -- it's great to get a head-start and "ease into" the day. Hope that puppy licks your face a few times for me. Ha!

Lav - glad you survived the mall and the toy asylum. I haven't had the guts for the annual mall adventure yet - survival of the fittest out there. I've got to get my nerve-up a bit.

I'm working on a quiet af weekend here. A nice break from all the go-go-go I'm usually on. Feels good to re-charge my batteries.

Take care all.
    tw
    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

The sun is out melting yesterday's snow!

Chook, good to see you! Glad your family adventure was relaxing. Thinking about drinking kind of moved to second place for me when I quit smoking. Now, after 6+ months of not smoking, I'm not dwelling so much on that. I think after enough time passes - we find ourselves free to think about whatever we choose to think about. I just don't feel quite so burdened these days with drinking/smoking thoughts - that is a definite PLUS

Tranq, no golf around here today, that's for sure! I'm going to drag out more Christmas decorations, get a little done each day. No more mall trips - the rest of my shopping is online

Have a great Sunday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight Nesters - wherever you are
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in. I'm feeling a lot better today. This time the mood lasted only one or two days, that's an improvement, could be that the supplements are helping. But yesterday was really the kind of day that I would drink. I'm past the immediate cravings and I think now before acting on impulse, I'm clear in my mind what relapsing does in my case, that it is totally non-productive.

Going to a Christmas lunch on Wednesday (no alcohol will be there). Still deciding what to take along, we're all supposed to bring a plate of something, hmmm...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters.

I am doing ok, not as well as I'd hoped, but better than the week before. I was AF on Thursday, caved in and got a bottle of wine on Friday, AF on Saturday and caved again on Sunday. So, this past week I had 3 AF days (plus one with just a light beer). Total of 15 alcohol units for the week, which is about 10 less than usual.
            I am going out to dinner tonite, I will have one glass of wine. I will be able to hold it to that because I am cheap. :H I am up 10 140mg of baclofen. It definitely seems to be helping somewhat.

Thanks TW for asking about me. You are sweet.
            Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
            That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
            Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
            Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Chilly here in my part of the nest - 25 degrees right now!!

mel, good to see you & glad to hear your news!! Waiting out those craves will keep getting easier. Keep using the CDs, they really help to reinforce all the new things you are learning!
              Do you need side dish or dessert ideas for your upcoming lunch? Maybe we can help

Have a busy morning in my shop, babysitting this afternoon/evening.........
              Must get moving!

Have a great day one & all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Phoenix,
                We cross posted! Glad you checked in.
                Are you beginning to recognize any patterns - things, people, situations that are triggering your desire to drink? When you can identify those triggers you'll be able to make changes to your plan to help you avoid them.
                Hang in there!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters, lovely to be here on my branch. Has all your snow gone now Lav? I wish it was a bit colder here so we could have snow instead of all this damn rain - at least snow looks pretty!
                  Chook welcome back good to see you here again.
                  Tranq be brave and get the shopping done - it will only get busier you know!
                  Mel glad you're coping ok
                  Phoenix stick with it and eventually things will come right
                  Happy Monday folks
                  love Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

just popped on to say goodnight - so goodnight!
                    Leave the nightlight on Lav,
                    Hope everyone has had a good day, see you all tomorrow
                    Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello gang. I'm really not new here, but new to this thread. Just wanted to say hi and looking for any advise that would help me out. :new:
                      Buck

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Ms Sooty, glad you checked in - always good to see you

Hi & welcome Buck! Always plenty of room here in the nest - pull up a comfortable twig & just settle in with us! Have ou had a chance to read the MWO book yet? It has a lot of good information to help you get started - you can download it from the Health Store right here on the MWO site.
                        Looking forward to getting to know you - if you have questions, please just ask! I check in here at least 2x/day, as well as several others. I've been hanging around since February, went AF in March & I'm still here to talk about it

Well, I'm calling it a day but leaving the night lite on for any latecomers.......
                        Have a peaceful night one & all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Just got home - running a little late again.

Hi 06f - welcome. Like Lav said, settle-in, ask questions. The supplements and hypnotic cds outlined in the book work really well to reduce cravings and urges. I think a lot depends on the level of physical addiction, but it mostly comes down to your desire to change. You've taken a great step and found a great place. Read and make the most of the support from the good people here.

Hi sooty - You're right, I do need to get to mall before it really gets nuts out there. Snow here Lav, more coming. Boo!

Phoenix glad to hear from you - I thought I scared you away with a bad recipe. Sounds like you're doing okay - I tapered back before I stopped, mostly while I was waiting for all the supps and stuff. Keep learning - I do.

Mel - glad you've made it over the rough spot. I like the attitude - relapse is non-productive. Boy you can say that again -- been there done that and don't want to go back.

Take care all.
                          tw
                          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;771634 wrote: Good evening Nesters,

Ms Sooty, glad you checked in - always good to see you

Hi & welcome Buck! Always plenty of room here in the nest - pull up a comfortable twig & just settle in with us! Have ou had a chance to read the MWO book yet? It has a lot of good information to help you get started - you can download it from the Health Store right here on the MWO site.
                            Looking forward to getting to know you - if you have questions, please just ask! I check in here at least 2x/day, as well as several others. I've been hanging around since February, went AF in March & I'm still here to talk about it

Well, I'm calling it a day but leaving the night lite on for any latecomers.......
                            Have a peaceful night one & all!

Lav
                            I tried to download it, but something went wrong with the download. So, I ended up buying the book itself. It should be here any day now. I'll let you know when it comes in.
                            Buck

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

30 degrees this morning - the last of the weekend snow remains & apparently more on the way later this week! Brrr.......

Time to pack away those golf clubs for a while Tranq. Maybe you can use your spare time to test some recipes for us

Phoenix & mel, anxious to hear from both of you today........give us an update!

Buck, sorry about the download problem......those things happen. In the meantime you can learn so much by just reading thru the threads. Look at the 'Tell Us Your Story' section. Lots of people have detailed their personal stories there. You will find yourself identifying with lots of other people, see how they went about starting the program.

I have a busy day waiting for me, so I'll go get started.
                              Wishing everyone a terrifif Tuesday, I'll check back later!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, nice to know you are all here huddled up together helping one if one falls out. I will be flying in from time to time if that's ok. Might have to change my name after a while tho :-p
                                A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

Working...
                                X