Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I think we really should listen to EVERYTHING Lav says - someone with 1600 days AF knows what she is talking about .

CONGRATULATIONS, LAV, AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSTANT PRESENCE, ADVICE, SUPPORT, AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 9 begins ... I gather my strength to wake up . I have been getting too much sleep ... So much so not getting up on time. Can't believe with some many years of AL abuse I was not sleeping well. Needed AL to sleep ....

Now heading to playback badminton the sport I love !

Thanks nosugar, byrdlady, brokenhalo for your support, I surely need it at this time especially when all people close to me have lost confidence in me and don't trust me ...

Miley you hang in there ... Pease feel to share your feelings with us ... We are all. I same boat ...
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
        Rah, the best sleep I got was the couple of days after I quit. I was so "real" sleep deprived and it felt great to sleep like that. You're doing great.

Any one heard from Fin lately?

Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to Sam and G-man on 90 days, Fantastic.
          Rahul, you're sounding better already, hang in there.
          Miley, No need to feel bad, You're back here, one small slip, You're a fighter for sure.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters. I still have this rotten cold but hey, I am alive and sober and not hungover on a Monday morning. I did feel a bit hard done by yesterday, I have to admit. I never seemed to get the cold when I was drinking and smoking. Or maybe I just don't remember :H
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's,

Hope you're feeling better Halo.

Good to see you Miley!

Welcome A4.

Thanks Mr V!

Keep it going Rahul, and everyone of you heroes. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Monday morning here, hot, humid & overcast.....same old story. BUT. I'm alive & happy & healthy, right?

BH, I think our immune systems need time to heal once we quit abusing ourselves with AL!
                I added a probiotic into my daily routine several years ago & I swear I've been healthier than most around here. I don't seem to pick up the respiratory funk that the kids bring in here

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav we are so lucky to have you with us. :l
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters.....Happy to be checking in today. BH...I hope you feel better soon. G....Good to see you too. I plan on hanging in the Nest more. It used to overwhelm me but I think it will be helpful.

Well, Day 2 for me and I have to say that I am tired today but hopeful. I drank warm lemon water this morning and am heading to the office.

Hope everyone has a great, AF Monday!
                    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all
                      Hope you all had a good day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                        A4, great to have you with us. I let the FEAR of stopping stop me for years. I felt flu like for the first couple of weeks but after that, it was all between my ears! We'll be here with you...sometimes you just have to trust others who have gone before you and take a leap of faith. We're glad you're here.

Miley, back when I first started in the nest, there weren't but one or two posts a day!! I found myself longing for posts and someone to talk to. There is always someone around now, so that's a good thing. ALL of the posts here are on point, not like the other threads that discuss many other topics...we do have some chit chat, but most of it as it relates to becoming AF. I look at it this way, I regained about 5 hours in my day, and if it takes me 20-30 minutes to get caught up in the nest that's a pretty good trade!! It keeps me sober so that is the main thing! Being around others who have the same thought processes I do is the best therapy I know! I'm so glad you'll be hanging with us!

Busy day here, but NO HOUSE GUEST!!!! Bwahahahaha! Have a great Monday, eva' body!!! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest.
                          I'm here, just busy with the move and getting ready for kindergarten and stuff.
                          Had a couple of slips and feeling bad about it. It never does help no matter what we tell ourselves.
                          No more promises or ultimatums. I'm just trying my best one day at a time.
                          Humbled and sad.
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 13 days done and under my belt. This is the longest consecutive days I have gone without drinking all year, and the longest since I went 31 days over April-May 2012. I had a great weekend where I did a little bit of house cleaning and put up some bookshelves, but mostly just took Saturday off and relaxed. Sunday we went to the state fair and had a great time. It's wonderful to be able to get out of the house and actually enjoy a day instead making excuses to stay home and nurse a hangover.
                            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, congrats to all on accomplishments this weekend and here's to another AF week.

Thought I would share this article.
                              10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science - The Buffer Blog
                              Free at Last
                              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay it's Monday morning! :H

Byrdie - I am glad your pesky guest has finally left...jeez the nerve of some people! I'm sure you are very hospitable...see there's your mistake, you should make it miserable so they don't stay too long! I mean really, you even provided toilet paper? LOL

Nursie - don't give your slips any more time or thought. Move on. You never have to feel this way again...and you know how to do that. We're here for you friend :h

Miley - Glad you're here...hang in there and know that each day it does get easier.

Lav - Please give Stella a huge kiss for me...chicken kisses must be amazing! :H

:hHi G-Man! :h Now don't be advertising all your qualities (good looking with money, etc)...or I am going to have some serious competition on my hands!!! I thought we had some sort of unspoken arrangement that you were going to be pushing me around in my wheelchair and things of that sort. I have no plans of sharing you, so please dial down the accolades to yourself. :H
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X