Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, I was hoping to stay up and see some meteors but I am knackered.

Rahul, you are doing so well. There's no magic formula, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. How much do you want to be sober? What are you actually giving up?

Sanchez, how are you going to handle that on Friday? Do you have a plan in place? LB, Free, NS, Neddy, everyone. Monday's done, I am on my sixth week sober now, I go karted today for the first time ever and it was awesome, and oh, I think my cold is on it's way out!

Life is sweet. Goodnight everyone :l
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters...
      Rahul, there is no magic pill or we'd have all be taking it. For me, it just got to a choice between my hubs or AL. He packed up and left. So I had a hard choice to make, totally give in to AL and die a wretched death, or clean up my act. So far, so good!! If you play out the scene it will not end well. Stop now and you will be so glad you did. Staying stopped takes vigilance and work. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it. I never want to go back to being led around life by a dam bottle. Once you get a little distance from it you will see it for what it is....a mind-altering drug that will eventually kill you. When I see people on tv drunk out of their minds, I don't think it's funny at all....that's how we all started. That's about how I was going to end.
      Stay connected here and you will find your way out. Quit and stay quit is the best advice I ever got and that I give. You are exactly in the right place!!!
      Hugs to all! Bhalo, go karting sounds fun!!!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul, pretty much the deal is that you are sober, you are sober and feel better because you made a conscious decision that you will not poison yourself any more. You wouldn't drink bleach, it's poison. Your liver is telling you the same thing, don't drink booze, it's poison for your liver. In my mind, that is how I view it. That's what I tell myself all the time.

You are doing great and you should tell yourself that, never forget that you're doing great, because honestly you are. It's wonderful to be sober, to enjoy life as it is, not in a haze. Sometimes there's a curve ball thrown and it ain't so great but it sure as hell is better sober fishing through it than waking up wondering what the heck happened and I feel like shit.

Rooting for you
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Sanchez, how are you going to handle that on Friday? Do you have a plan in place?"

Good question BH. See how unprepared I am for this. The only thing I've thought about so far is that I am going to tell them that I have overdone it lately with my father-in-laws funeral and summer in general that I'm cooling it for awhile. Problem is I know they'll say one glass of wine can't hurt. They will also arrive with wine and champagne bottles in hand. Would the Tool box have some thoughts on how to handle? Not sure I want to divulge any specifics to them.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

It's been some time since my last post...I'm trying to get back on track. Always felt safe in the nest so I hope you don't mind if I join in. First day sober for a long time and it feels good, real good. Have a peaceful night everyone!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Flying into the Nest tonight....that makes 3 times for me today, which is a record! I am making sure I stay connected so I don't relapse yet again!

Sanchez - It sounds like a challenging situation coming your way. I am sure the Toolbox probably does have suggestions. Maybe you could just tell them that AL has been making you feel sick lately or that you are taking medicine that can't be mixed with AL? At this point, I would do whatever it takes to stay AF and not have people pressing me about it.....especially until we get more time under out belt and get stronger.

Blonde.....It's good to see you back. I slipped and am also trying to get back on track (only Day 2 for me). Congrats on Day 1....it feels good! We have a group going for August, if you want to join in on the thread.

Hope everyone has a restful, AF evening.
              Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
              [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Blondie, good to see you back!
                Stick around, the AF'ness rubs off on you

sanchez, is there anyway you can reschedule your friends visit? You could always claim to be feeling the flu coming on or something....
                I have found, when faced with insistent drinkers, to say NO THANKS (like you really mean it) then change the subject or leave the room. We are all adults here, peer pressure is junior high school stuff & we should not fall for that - right? It's worked for me.

Rahul, it's best not to worry about the future - it's not here yet. Keep your focus on today. Don't drink today, repeat tomorrow. Worrying about the past is a waste of time, it's history. Pick up a copy of 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle. That book was a huge help for me.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Miley- been cruising through the tool box posts and will continue to keep looking. I like the medication angle.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 10 begins : played badminton in morning .... Feeling good ...
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning folks. I hope everyone has a great day no matter what they have planned. The trick for me is not to lift one drink and then I will be able to go to bed knowing that the day was a success. Wishing you all success too. See you tonight after work. Best wishes NM
                      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey everyone
                        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone. Rahul, hope you enjoyed the badminton and took the great advice from Byrdie and Sam on board. You will notice you will be stronger playing badminton even after just 10 days with no poison in your system.

Sanchez, I hope the toolbox helped. These friends are going to be in your home, drinking freely, and it sounds as though you have this kind of history of drinking with them. Lav suggested postponing the visit, I would seriously think about that. Whatever you decide you'll have my support. I know how difficult all this is, but right now, for me anyway staying sober is my top priority. Is it yours? :l

Good morning girly, Neddy, Miley and Blonde, nice to see you all here and hi to all other Nesters stopping by. My cold is better, I'd say I am about 90% there which is great. I no longer feel hard done by for getting the cold, after all it happens to sober people all the time
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone - hope you don't mind if I put my tail between my legs in shame and grovel back into the nest to join you all. Today I am going to get back on track. I've had the most rubbish month ever (car accident, injury after, buying a house nightmare - the list goes on) no excuse to drink I know, but I slipped and it makes me feel so depressed and lousy.

I am committed to coming back and making a better, more positive go of it this time.

Day one for me today!
                            Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters!

Thanks Miley, Lav and all who wished me welcomes! It's great to be here. Snapdragon, I felt a bit like that yesterday (tail between legs, etc) but if I don't get back to my loving peeps at MWO, I know it will be a harder journey and MWO has always been there for us, so here we are! Best of luck to you, I'm right there at the start with you...today is Day 2. I'm going to try not to get too hooked up on counting days this time. As another poster said in a different thread, it's a process and not an event and that really hit home with me.

Well, gotta fly outta the nest to work peeps, so everyone stick together and stay safe (and sober). See ya later!
                              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                              :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning!
                                Lav, Miley and BH-thank you for your support on this upcoming weekend. I've already given the okay for them to come so will be hard to back out now plus they have other friends and relatives in the ares to see as well. They will stay in a cabin versus our house which will make it easier to leave if I feel weak. As an older crowd I hope there wont be any obnoxious peer pressure. I want to stay AF- that is my top priority. I really have to do it. First AA meeting today plus my Last Call kit should arrive today too. I will stay close to the nest!
                                Grateful for this website - you all are incredible people.

Comment

Working...
                                X