Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie... Thank you! I had a stressful day and night and needed to see what you posted!
    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,

Day 11 begins ... thanks all for your support. Off to play Badminton. I have challenge coming up .... next week trip to switzerland. And next month trip to USA incuding attending convention at LAs Vegas. I will stay sober ...
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters, Thought I'd quickly check in before I head off to work.

TJAF, I really hope that you don't feel like crap too much longer. Like you my luck was running out fast in all areas of my life, but I have arrested that decline. I realise that decline can only remain arrested as long as I choose not to lift that first drink. My reprieve from misery is only daily and if I decide to drink today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year or seven years down the road I will be back in the depths of misery immediately.
        On that cheery note, have a great day one and all.
        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

Had great problems getting to sleep last night, then my mind started the old tricks. Maybe this is unnecessary or at best it can be left until the nights start drawing in. So get up this morning and feel no better that if I had drank my self into oblivion. Hope it gets easier with time. On a better note I've seen some good posts and this place defiantly helps. It's good to know others are here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters

Siren, it's good to see you in the nest, welcome back

I was just reading posts back and TJAF, you are right about this.

Try "you really risk dying" I'm not trying to be dramatic just trying to tell the truth.
            My last withdrawals really brought it home to me what a dangerous poison AL is. It will kill us if we let it. One way or another it will kill me if I don't stop, I am pretty certain of that. I am 54 years old, I don't want to die. I am sorry you still feel like crap but you know that will get better day by day. I hope that happens soon for you. Life is too sweet to let AL take it away from us. :l

GMS, I am going to pick you up on this one, I hope you don't mind.

So get up this morning and feel no better that if I had drank my self into oblivion
            Hang in there friend, there is NO worse feeling than waking up after drinking heavily. You might not feel on top of the world, but at least you woke up. You woke up where you expected to be, you remembered everything that happened the night before, and you were all in one piece. Someone on here has a tagline that really rings true and I am sorry to whoever it belongs to if I misquote, 'my worst day sober can never be as bad as my best day drunk'. There are no benefits to drinking. Even that stupor that you fall into after drinking is a lie. It's not real sleep. lt will take a while but you will get real refreshing sleep if you stay sober.

Good morning to everyone else, it's a bit dreich here today ( That's Scottish for grey and cloudy) but no rain yet. I hope everyone wakes up with a clear head, hands that don't shake, a mouth isn't parched and smelly.
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

GMS - trust me, it does get better. How can it not? Your body will adjust to healthy food, real sleep, and being hydrated and you will feel better than you ever thought possible. Are you taking B vitamins? They help with the fatigue. I read somewhere that alcoholics are chronically deficient in B vitamins.

Have a good sober day everyone!
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you bhalo that was a wonderful post!
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1543630 wrote: Thank you bhalo that was a wonderful post!
                  Thank you LB :l

I am off to work, wishing you and all my fellow nesters a wonderful day xx
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump Day

I actually see sunshine outside for the first time in I don't know how long - nice!

I hope everyone has a terrific AF day!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

It is chilly here on the East Coast today but beautiful. Hope everyone has a great AF Day.
                      Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                      [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Halo and Siren

I need a kick up the back side right now. I'm off to get that vitamin B

:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

A quick check in from the road warrior!!!
                          Rahul....you and badminton!! I must tell you that in college I took that course and was certain of an easy A!! Turns out, I was the only girl, the class was filled up with the college football team (out for the same grade as I was!). They nearly killed me, and I damned nearly didn't pass!!!! What an awful time!! I had welts where I got hit with the birdie!! ehehehe (shuttlecock). I'm sure your game is more tame than mine....at least I hope it is!!!
                          Have a wonderful, AF hump day!!! Byrdie (Badminton Victim)
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in before errands.

I just wanted to wish everyone a great AF hump day.

Stay strong and sober,
                            JDG
                            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

GMS;1543666 wrote: Thanks Halo and Siren
                              I need a kick up the back side right now. I'm off to get that vitamin B
                              Hi, GMS

I asked a question in this thread - https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ect-78410.html - because I wanted to have some stories where I could easily find them about why once we have quit, we must never allow ourselves to become complacent, to underestimate the power of alcohol, or to think we are somehow different or better than anyone else when it comes to our ability to control our drinking. Reading these may be the kick in the butt or bonk on the head you need to remind you why it is essential that you change for good.

My goal is to have the people here who enabled me to get sober to help keep me that way --- I appreciate all of them beyond measure.

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Relapse in Retrospect

No Sugar

Wow this could have been written for me. I'm going to re-read all the posts again this evening and It made me think about my previous relapses. I may even try and write my own reasons down on paper. Thank you again this is really helpful.

Comment

Working...
                                X