Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

GMS;1543711 wrote:
    Wow this could have been written for me. I'm going to re-read all the posts again this evening and It made me think about my previous relapses. I may even try and write my own reasons down on paper. Thank you again this is really helpful.
    Hi, GMS

If you are comfortable sharing, please feel free to add your story to the thread. I think the more experiences documented, the better for helping everyone.

Have a good day and I'm glad you've found MWO and the Newbies Nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Broken Halo - That WAS a great post! A few things really stood out for me, like "waking up and knowing where you are"....wow, how scary the many times I had to look around and it took a while for it to sink in that I actually made it to MY bed (alone!). Also the physical morning after...the shakes, the dehydration, your tongue feeling like it has on a furry sweater! The worst day un-hung is better than the best hangover (if that makes any sense! lol) Sometimes I feel like crap when I wake up and I think "this isn't fair, I didn't even drink!"...but then I remember what it's REALLY like to feel bad after a night of drinking...there's just no comparison. I'll never forget the blurry vision, dizziness, nausea, feeling faint and merely surviving the day...so I could go home and do it all again (yes, that IS insanity!)
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for a great post BH....I had missed it and just went back and read it. I will take having a headache any day, just because I have one....not because I downed a bottle of wine the night before!
        Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
        [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, just popping in to say hi, it's been a busy day. Thanks Miley and K9, I am glad you get what I was getting at. We are supposed to be a sane and rational species, yet we do that to ourselves over and over again! :H

Not any more though, enough is enough!

NS, I read the relapse thread you posted, it was a great idea and very helpful and informative. GMS, it would be great if you could share your experiences on there if you feel that you can.

Hi JD, Byrdy, Lav good to see you all as always. Byrdy, laughing hard here at your badminton experience, it's actually a really good sport when you are not playing against men built like trucks! :H

I hope all my fellow nesters are safe and sober this evening (it's just after 10 pm here, the time difference on here makes me giddy sometimes!)

I am going to lurk and watch a bit of tv before bed.

Be safe everyone :l
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

NS and BH

I will examine why I relapsed and post it. It may be the weekend before I can get it together but I will gladly post. It's kind of therapeutic to be asked thanks. Goodnight form England. Here's hoping I get some sleep tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GMS;1543830 wrote: NS and BH

I will examine why I relapsed and post it. It may be the weekend before I can get it together but I will gladly post. It's kind of therapeutic to be asked thanks. Goodnight form England. Here's hoping I get some sleep tonight.
              Well, don't take offense, please, but when I want to sleep, I turn on the BBC World Service :H !

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1543835 wrote: Well, don't take offense, please, but when I want to sleep, I turn on the BBC World Service :H !
                good one NS! :H:H:H

I came back to say a huge well done to wine-no and sanchez, both celebrating 7 days today according to the roll call thread! Well done you two!!!

:wave:
                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think some of the PBS radio shows can also be sleep-inducing. That guy who does the jazz shows and talks in a whispered monotone -- what is his name? Maybe I can down load him.
                  Free at Last
                  "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                  http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

free at last;1543868 wrote: I think some of the PBS radio shows can also be sleep-inducing. That guy who does the jazz shows and talks in a whispered monotone -- what is his name? Maybe I can down load him.
                    I know who you mean! You'd think he was in church when he is introducing jazz :H!

This is my all-time favorite parody of public radio: Watch Saturday Night Live: NPRs Delicious Dish Schweddy Balls online | Free | Hulu.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm still here....

Rough week last week.

I am now on Day 3! Tough though..... didn't think I would make it to 3!
                      How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink? ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all Nesters!

I love the sounds of progress on the AF road
                        Wine-no & sanchez - congrats on 7 AF days both of you :wd:

PBS, NPR & BBC are some of my favorite sources for entertainment. And don't forget Sesame Street when the grandkids are here :H

Scarlett, hang in there, the first three days are the toughest. Have you given any thought to using the MWO Hypno CDs? They worked like a charm for me

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav
                          Be awhile since I listened to them. Might have to revisit. Do you or in the past did you after not listening for a bit listen to them. Did you find them better? same?
                          Sam
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Scarlet
                            you're doing great. Remembering hangovers, feeling poisoned helps reaffirm your quitting.
                            Sam
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1543841 wrote: good one NS! :H:H:H

I came back to say a huge well done to wine-no and sanchez, both celebrating 7 days today according to the roll call thread! Well done you two!!!

:wave:
                              Thank you Lav! Feels good so far, still just one day at a time....
                              Night everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops! Sorry BH - Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X