Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Six days sober and feeling really good. I have been keeping myself very busy, which seems to work for me. I decided this time around to check in here more often and keep up the posts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Friends,
      Day 11 morning : I am and out on small out of town one day vacation with friends .. with those friends with whom I used to drink. And drink quite heavily. And for thr first time we all are all out with families staying in a hotel. Meaning drinks were available till 2 am or more. I am proud to say that I was not tempted at all ...
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening friends,

Rahul, nice job sticking to the program. You'll get stronger each time you flex those "muscles". Just keep your plan close to your mind and you'll be just fine.

Hi Lizann, six days is fantastic! Tomorrow you'll get mooned, a very high honor!

Wine no and Sanchez, great job on your seven days! AF looks great on you two.

Scarlett, good to see you checking in! It says something about you to persevere when you're having a rough week. We are pulling for you.

Friends, just keep putting one AF foot in front of the other AF foot like a stubborn mule. The miles will start to add up. Have a great AF night.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all~

It's been a whole day since I checked in here, and I notice a difference in my strength. Today I have been af for 14 days, but today has been a struggle. My friends went on a bike ride and hit happy hour. I felt so sad not to go. It was really warm here today and it sounded so fun. They all have 2-3 drinks on a patio and then ride the bikes to the next pub. It has always been a tradition on Wed. nights. The last few Wednesdays it was raining so I didn't miss out, and that saved me. Tonight I knew they were out and I almost caved, playing mind games with myself...If I only have 2 drinks that's acceptable.

Bottom line...I didn't go, I had myself a pity party, and then started in saying to myself. I can't believe I can't ever drink again. I can't believe I can't drink like a normal person. On and on...same stuff I read other people here saying.

I feel better now. Tomorrow morning I will feel EVEN better not hung over and hating myself. Tomorrow will be 15 days without a drop of alcohol. It is a good day to reconfirm my commitment, and go over a plan for the next half of the month. I can't get complacent.

Today was the first day I was even close to to tempted. It was the hardest day so far.
          I want this more than anything, so I will stay the course and stay close to here!!

Have a wonderful night everyone, and thanks for listening, you guys are a great source of strength. =)

~Cyn
          :h Cynthia Lynne (Cyn) :h
          __________________________________________________ ____
          ?One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.?

AF- 8/1/13
          7 Days- Done 8/7/13 :thumbs:
          14 Days- Done 8/14/13 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening Nesters......

Cynthia.....Good going on passing on the bike ride tonight. I know what you mean about having that feeling of never being able to drink again. Hopefully it will morph into "I never want to drink again", instead of can't. For me, whenever I planned on just having two it ended up being 5 or 6....I could never stick with the plan once I had the first one.

It is good to see everyone in the Nest doing well!

Well, tonight I went to a Celebrate Recovery meeting for the first time. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it is a faith based recovery group. If you are interested I wrote about it in the "Sweating it out" thread. I figure I need all the help I can get!
            Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
            [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Miley;1543933 wrote:
              Hopefully it will morph into "I never want to drink again", instead of can't.
              Thanks Miley, I sincerely hope so!!
              :h Cynthia Lynne (Cyn) :h
              __________________________________________________ ____
              ?One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.?

AF- 8/1/13
              7 Days- Done 8/7/13 :thumbs:
              14 Days- Done 8/14/13 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Cyn! Having been on a few bike rides/pub crawls, I know it had to be hard.
                Congrats Wine-no and Sanchez on seven days. I'm sure someone will be around soon to present your moon. I am not yet worthy of presenting such an honor, LOL
                Keep up the good work everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone;1543924 wrote: Good evening friends,

Rahul, nice job sticking to the program. You'll get stronger each time you flex those "muscles". Just keep your plan close to your mind and you'll be just fine.

Hi Lizann, six days is fantastic! Tomorrow you'll get mooned, a very high honor!

Wine no and Sanchez, great job on your seven days! AF looks great on you two.

Scarlett, good to see you checking in! It says something about you to persevere when you're having a rough week. We are pulling for you.

Friends, just keep putting one AF foot in front of the other AF foot like a stubborn mule. The miles will start to add up. Have a great AF night.
                  congrats to all of you including cynth for your great achievements keep it up all of you

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone for the congrats on day 7 yesterday. It feels good to be on track. Congrats to my 8/8 quit buddy Sanchez too.

Well done for staying on track Rahul. That is awesome.

Cyn, I am sorry you were feeling so bad about missing the bike ride. I can really recommend a book that I am reading called 'The Sober Revolution'. It covers nights like those and how to change your thinking about them... I'm glad you didn't cave.

Well done on six days Lizann!

Have a great AF day everyone x
                    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Had a busy morning and shooting off to work soon. I KILLED that treadmill this morning!

Well done on day 3 Scarlett, it will really get a lot better now, those three days are tough!

Well done Lizann, day 6, woot! How are you feeling.?

Rahul, you are doing great and sounding a lot more positive and confident if I may say so. You deserve it

Well done to you Cyn, really all you missed out on was a hangover and a gutful of remorse. You did really well to avoid it.

Witts, Mr V, Pine, Sam, I love the way you guys are always here to support everyone. You are appreciated more than you know.

Happy sober Thursday to all my fellow nesters, old and new, have a great day :l
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok so now I'm curious, what exactly is a moon? Gotta tell you I'm a little excited as today is seven days for me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lizann;1544055 wrote: Ok so now I'm curious, what exactly is a moon? Gotta tell you I'm a little excited as today is seven days for me!
                          Ooh, I thought it was six! Well done on your 7 days! You'll find out soon enough! :H
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Congrats to today's moon recipients

Cyn, you made a good choice to preserve your quit. Believe me, this gets easier with practice. In the future skip the pity party, it's a good waste of your time. Once you accept that some of us just can not drink AL safely, the rest gets easier. I love having my physical & emotional freedom from AL. I love having no hangover & more money in my pocket. I love being able to be totally present for my family when they need me. You get the idea, work on your gratitude list

Sam, I used the CDs daily for a good year or more, I think that's why they were so effective. They totally changed my thinking, I really needed help in that department. The clearing CD was the best
                            I gave my set to another MWO member a long time ago with the hope that she would eventually pass them on to someone else but I'm not sure if she ever did. I still think they were the best investment for me, they helped me meet my goal!

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters...just a quick good morning from sunny New England! Off to walk the dog along the beach and enjoy the sunshine. Best wishes to everyone in having a happy, blessed day
                              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                              :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stopping in to say good morning before I head to the office. Hope everyone has a great AF Day....it's Thursday, which means tomorrow is FRIDAY....Yippie!!!!!
                                Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                                [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Working...
                                X