Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I was able to go out last night and limit it to a drink and a beer and not stop and get more on the way home. I typically don't get drunk unless I am at home because my hubby is a cop and it would be very embarrassing (and in the news) if the wife of a police Captain got a DUI.

It seems as if the baclofen takes away the "high" and only makes me even more tired.

I will be pretty easily AF tonite as hubs is home and I want to spend some time with him, which I won't do if I am drinking as he can usually smell it. And I am a very sneaky sh*t when it comes to my alcohol!

Thanks y'all for asking about me. You are the best. :l

-P.
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters, hope you're all managing to keep warm and safe. Its not as cold here obviously but its still oh so wet. It is really miserable but good news on the horizon as dry, cold weather forecast for later in the week.
      I hope everyone has an absolutely fab Tuesday and we all get everything done that we wanted. I've still got lots of wrapping to do, cards to write, pressies to buy and post ....think I'm in a bah humbug mood
      See you all later, take care gang
      love Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, welcome to Buck and IJR. Have had a good day. Am going to read a bit and then listen to my hypnosis recording. I asked my addictions counsellor what he thought about the hypnosis, he was all for it. I'll be going back to see him again next week, will have about 2 months at that point. He wanted to see me at that time because he knows I have difficulty with this date and also we're heading towards Christmas. Take care all,

Mel

Comment

Newbies Nest

A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. And welcome to all the new birds.

I'm gonna switch to my penguin feathers since they're predicting blizzard conditions for tomorrow. Should make for a pleasant fall day.

Hey Phoenix. Sounds like you've got your arms around a few solid days af. Fantastic! How are you feeling?

Hi Buck and IJR. I recommend taking advantage of everything on this site. For me the combination of supplements, hypnosis, the support and information from all the good people here has helped me tremendously. Feel free to ask any questions.

Take care.
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Tranq, are you looking at an all snow event? Our weather forecast calls for a mix of rain & snow, possible flooding tomorrow!!!! I'll have to dust off the life jackets for the chickens

IJR, glad you dropped in - you're welcome anytime! How about switching to cranberry juice - is that a better sound for you????

Phoenix, I am also married to a (ret) police detective & I gotta tell you - those guys are just naturally too damn nosey! His behavior caused me to hide my wine drinking for a while then I just got to the point I didn't care. I think the biggest problem with me was I never really accepted that he decided he wanted to be a cop one year AFTER we were married. That maneuver took away my chance to decide how I was going to live my life - it was way too controling I think. I'm glad his career is over - wish I could get rid of the resentment. Be kind to yourself

Sooty, our weather is about to get as damp as yours..........

Mel, I still use the Hypno CDs & am trying out some new ones........one in particular for insomnia - a problem I've been dealing with since long before my drinking career began! Congrats on your progress, so glad to hear you are doing well

Buck, hope you are doing OK!

Well, time to put the feet up a bit & just chill!
              Wishing everyone a safe, cozy night in the nest and I will leave the night light on..........

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav.

Rain and snow here - hoping it's only a few inches, but the storm has dumped a foot in some areas. A few more inches of snow tomorrow with 25mph winds - gusting to 50mph! Then temps in the teens.

Lovely.

Good night.
                tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Newbies.
                  Buck

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I knocked back a bottle of wine last night. I am so disappointed with myself. My mistake was going to the grocery store after work. I absolutely CANNOT go there after work til I get a grip. I had the best intentions, too. If I don't drink the rest of the week my drink count will be at 15, which will still be less than usual and i can mentally count it as progress.
                    I think I need to structure my after work time so that I have a planned activity of some sort, even if its scrubbing the damn floor.

I am so upset I could cry.

-P.

PS Lav - nice to hear of another cop wife. It's really such a different lifestyle that civilians just don't understand. A lot of nights hubs doesn't even want to talk. He just sits in front of the tv trying to get the picture of the baby shaken to death out of his mind. It's hard to not feel shut out, y'know? And then feel guilty for wanting a piece of him when he's dealing with heavy duty sh*t. Ugh.
                    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters,

Had to be out early today for appointments - braved the fierce wind & rain - no snow here today Tranq. The rain has stopped this afternoon, the sun is out & it's 52 degrees, crazy!!

Phoenix, I think I was lucky in not having to deal with supermarket AL. None of that is sold in the stores here in PA. I vowed to never again step foot in a state store here - and I haven't. Is there any food store you can go to that doesn't sell wine? I really think I would go out of my way to look for one if I was in your situation. You know, I handled the cop thing for 29 years but I didn't necessarily handle it well. In addition to dealing with his work work related moodiness - I had my own to deal with too. 27 years in the nursing profession pretty much beats you up. I chose my profession & knew what was coming. I didn't choose his - that was a total surprise! Glad all that is over with, I just hope we can both heal!!!

On a brighter note, my 1 year old grandson will be here soon. I watch him Monday & Wednesday afternoons while his Mom is in class. It's a lot of fun

Hope everyone is having a great day, I'll check back later.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.

Morning Buck! I didn't just wake up though. Lol. How are you doing?

Phoenix - you've learned something. Sounds like you're taking it the right way too - figure out how to fix it for next time. Hang in there - a low drink plus learning something is mucho progress. I kind of know about the supermarket thing too. Sometimes I just have to stop and ask myself what the heck I'm doing. It took a while, though. Another idea is to avoid mid-week trips for groceries. I know its hard, but shopping once a week can cut down on the number of times you have to avoid the liquor aisle.

Lav, we got lucky and most of the snow missed us yesterday. Windy and cold today. I'd love to see the fifty's again.

Take care all.
                        tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

Been floating about posting odd bits of drivel and keep seeing messages saying "drop in" here - so I am.

Happy dry day.
                          "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Hartley,

Welcome to the nest - it's a good place. Just pull up a comfy twig & settle right in with us
                            Some of us her are not exactly Newbies anymore - we just won't leave!!!
                            Looking forward to getting to know you - we're a friendly bunch. If you need anything please just ask. Someone will have an answer for you, OK?

Buck, hope you drop back in - give us an update!

Phoenix, I hope you were able to circumvent the supermarket today. Don't forget you can use 'Drink Tracker' right here on the website to help you keep tabs. I never used it myself because I decided to go AF shortly after joining MWO..........that was easiest for me!

Well, I'm worn out now after several hours with my grandson - gonna call it a day.
                            I'll leave the nite light on as usual for any late arriving fledglings
                            Have a safe night!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;772501 wrote:
                              Phoenix, I think I was lucky in not having to deal with supermarket AL. None of that is sold in the stores here in PA. I vowed to never again step foot in a state store here - and I haven't. Is there any food store you can go to that doesn't sell wine? I really think I would go out of my way to look for one if I was in your situation.
                              Lav
                              Good point, Lav. I will try to find one that does not sell wine. I know there's one natural food store that doesn't, and the ethnic food stores usually don't. Va doesn't see liquour in supermarkets, either. In Wisconsin where I grew up you can buy AL in a supermarket on a SUNDAY.

Good news is, yesterday was AF and it was remarkably not all that difficult for me. Just a few twinges. Hubby was late at work dealing w/ a personnel issue, and he wasn't there when I got home (huge trigger), nor did he call (even bigger trigger) but I just got on the treadmill, then did some yoga, and he finally got home a little before 8:00. I was quite proud of myself. In days past, I'd have gone back out and gotten a bottle of wine to soothe myself. That's where I think the baclofen is helping. It really smooths out the anxiety. Thanks for kind words. It means a lot to me. :h

-P.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Sunny & 43 here - feel lucky

Phoenix, good job yesterday! Keep doing that & you'll be just fine! We all need to focus on Self Care. Take care of your needs - don't cover them up with a bottle of wine Eat when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired, go out & take a walk when you need fresh air, etc. I think most of us need a refresher course on basic self-care!

I have lots of work waiting for me so I'll get to it.
                                Have a great Thursday everyone, I'll check in later!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X