X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:l:l Tess :l:l
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tess, my thoughts are with you, your mum and the rest of your family. X
      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, Your Mother is very wise. We are but on this Earth a short time. Our battle with alcoholism is brought so much clearer when we understand our own mortality and in doing so come to understand that how we live our life, how we impact those that we love and how we will be remembered makes living without alcohol so much more important. I was lucky enough to be with my Dad when he passed and it is both a sad and frightful time but also a beautiful example of the cirlcle of life. Be strong!
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess

Thinking of you and your family during this time. I read your posts and cried! You are strong and to have your mother tell you so is priceless! You are so blessed to have each other!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, thinking of you and holding you close in thought. This very nest helped me get thru the loss of my dad back in January. The power of this place is amazing...knowing that you have friends that really care is priceless. We are wishing you courage and strength. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine No, Sanchez and Lizann, let me do some rather late honors....gosh the Awards Committee has been slammed!

On behalf of all the nesters, please accept this small token of a big job! Here are your MOONS!

:moon::moon::moon:

These are subject to interpretation, but the intent goes something like this:
              You've kicked AL's Arse for a full 7 days. You've conquered each day of the week, so you know you can do that. 7 Days is a great milestone. Now you know you CAN do it...but don't let your britches down....keep it going for many moons to come!

Great job you three!!!!
              Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alby;1544170 wrote: I have been fighting this day for years. I finaly realized it is time for me to quit this crazy alcohol thing. I already got clonazepam from my doctor. I am also going to schedule meetings with a physciatrist. I know to take small steps one day at a time. Any suggestions?
                Dear Alby - It IS time for you to quit "this crazy alcohol thing." I suggest that you read back a couple of weeks in The Nest. You will see that many others are gaining the courage to quit, too. Also, the Tool Box is full of wisdom. I would encourage you to stop fighting. Try not to fight against alcohol. Relax, if you are able to, in the freedom of sobriety. Sobriety is a delightful place to be. The meetings with your psychiatrist may help. I encourage you to go and talk. But please know that the wisdom you need to stay sober is within you. Yes, small steps one day at a time. Stay in The Nest. Write often if you are able to. You are surrounded with love.
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bless you, Byrdie, for covering my arse. It makes me happy just to hear from you. We cover each others' arse -- and that's a sign of loyalty. Thanks!!

Dear Lav -- thank you for your quiet wisdom. I love you bunches!!

Fellow Fledglings - I will write again when I am able to. But do not fuss. I am well and strong. All is well. Focus on YOUR sobriety. Each day is a pearl in the chain of joy -- as someone in recovery once said. String your pearls together. Make your life a thing of beauty, which it is!!

Hugs all around!! :hug:
                  Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the cheeky reward Byrdie. X
                    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still going, but the weekend isn't here yet.

Turned down going out tonight. Feel I need some me time after my wrecks weekend. Have recovered from s big night quite well, back eating well and working out, even a good sleep pattern.

The next two weekends will be my test. Normally I go out and carry on where I left off. So, I think some me time is needed this weekend. Just get on with work,

Also I think I may have an Internet addiction, so need to work on spending less time on the Web,

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, this is such a precious and blessed time. I know that some will think that is a strange thing to say, but I know it was for me. Your wonderful Mum is right, you are stronger than you think :l:h:l
                        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1544119 wrote: Have been awake for almost 36 hours and cannot sleep until late this evening.

This is the first time I had a feeling very similar to a hangover... Heavy head, shakes, sweats and brain numbness. Look forward falling to asleep =/

AK
                          AK, why have you been up so long, is everything ok?
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, AllanKay, Y U up so late! You must work for the same company I do! We're all doing 4 people's jobs!!! Hope all is well. I'm no good without my 9 hours...no more, no less.

I'm calling it a day! Strap into the nest and don't let go!! TGIF!! I'm hitting the road again tomorrow so I'll check in when I get home. I hope everyone has a safe and sober evening! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

New As of Today

Hi Everybody. I'm new, and today is my first AF since July 6th. I'm challenging myself to 30 days starting tonight. It's a good night to start as it's the Feast of The Assumption of Our Lady and we're off to Mass shortly - so no wine before Mass!! Kind of a "cheat" start, but I needed to have a good excuse. If I was just sitting home it would have been much harder. And September 14 is another special Feast for me (the Exaltation of The Holy Cross) so that's the point of the 30 day challenge). I need this kind of "meaning" to the challenge otherwise I'd cave immediately!!!!

I've been using Naltrexone but it has not stopped me from drinking, even though it has done wonders - I don't drink very much at all, but I do drink every darned night - that's what I want to stop - and I still have the cravings every day. My goal is abstinence.

The Newbies' Nest seems like a friendly place to get the support I need so I hope to check in daily. I'm looking forward to meeting you all

P.S. I called myself "Jazi's Mum because Jazi is my little Maltese (all 5 lbs of her!)
                              My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Tess, you are in my thoughts. You mom sounds very much at peace, which is a wonderful state of being. I am sure your presence is giving her a great deal of peace and satisfaction on a life well lived. Blessed be the ties that bind us all to one another.
                                Free at Last
                                "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                                http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                                X