Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

GMS congratulations on your seven days! I think your description of train stops is very appropriate. I don't like to stir up any trouble about moderation, but I know that it is an impossibility for me. I know it because I am through bs'ing myself about it. My last year of drinking, I kept myself to about two beers per night with occasional blow outs (unplanned). It was truly miserable, as much as unrestrained drinking or more. I would look for higher percentage beers, occasionally sneak a third (she knew, unfortunately) and try not to act buzzed. It was a miserable existence. Life started for me again when I stopped fighting that battle.

BH thanks for your kind words the other day!

Lav, LB, Miley, great to see you today.

Tess, thinking of you and your family.

Have an AF day everyone. You'll just like it better.
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

My mother slipped away peacefully at 1:10 this morning. Thank you for your love and care.
      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
      pointed the way
      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all, the more I read your experiences the more I understand it is impossible for me to moderate also. God knows I've tried.

NS your post fills me with encouragement, on your relapse and retrospect thread I told Free at Last that I've seen enough here on MWO to not worry about saying no to others, (on medication, trying to loss weight or I've even seen, "I never drink in August, it's kind of a tradition") you can use any month of course. Nope it's saying no to myself I'm terrified of. Free at Last asked if I had looked at Antibuse. So there's an option I hadn't thought about.

By Next Tuesday I aim to have a plan, thanks again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GMS, I read your story and identified with a lot of it. Thank you so much for posting it and well done on your 7 days :goodjob:
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1544847 wrote: My mother slipped away peacefully at 1:10 this morning. Thank you for your love and care.
            Tess, I am so sorry for your loss. Be with your family, you need each other right now. We love you. :l
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, I'm so sorry for your loss.
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, you are in my thoughts and prayers. The pain and sadness you fill at your mother's passing are because you loved her so deeply.

Wishing you strength.
                Free at Last
                "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Tess, I'm sorry, may she rest in peace. Peace be with you also.
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tests our paths have not crossed on MWO yet. My father died in March and I know the pain. God speed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well it's Saturday, starting on my 9th day sober. Football game this evening, a trigger that I have not yet had to deal with. I love to watch with a glass or two of wine. I'm feeling a bit anxious as to how I will get through this day. The week has gone very well as I was very busy. It was almost easy dare I say.
                      Wishing you all a happy Saturday.
                      Tess I am so sorry for your loss!

Lizann

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, Heaven received another angel this morning with your mom. While our journey continues on with much pain, hers begins with joy and peace. I'm wishing you strength and grace in the coming days and weeks. Thank you for staying connected to us during this awful time. We are all grieving with you and sending you strength in every way. Much love and admiration, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess our paths have not crossed on MWO yet. My father died in March and I know the pain. God speed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry for your loss and I hope you find comfort with your family and friends.

You and I chose the same avatar. I chose it because I like the image of a single drop and the ripple effect and the concept of cause and effect. It made me feel that I wasn't alone. Grief can be a very lonely place. Please stay in touch.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, thinking of you.....:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

GMS hi there and congratulations on your first week AF! I think the key for me was to change my thought pattern from I wish I could drink to I can't drink to I don't drink and it is just now after about 75 days turning into I don't want to drink.

When our bodies have been AF long enough it feels so good physically. This isn't a feeling I am willing to give up. It's actually better than an AL buzz!
                                Newbies Nest
                                Toolbox
                                My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                                X