Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Great going, Londoner! THAT'S how it'd done! Strap yourself in for the night and put another notch in the WIN column!!!!
    Sober is the new drunk, Pinecone!! I really am happy to be AF, I didn't lose anything the day I left it behind. And I'd have never met wonderful people that I consider some of my closest friends without this site. It's a story that CAN have a happy ending!
    Stay strong everyone! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

3june2013

Thanks for the advice. Baked some brownies with double the icing on top! I drank ice water. Game is just about over and I'm feeling pretty good. The cravings were there earlier but they passed. Looking forward to day 10 sober tomorrow!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner you rock!! Good on you!

Liz that's fabulous!

I have a little success story too. We met out of town guests for dinner, they know the owner of the restaurant. What does he bring out? A bottle of 2003 Dom Perignon. I didn't flinch. Stood solid. Opened up a good conversation with my sister about how good I feel being AF and she said was that your intention in the beginning? I said no but once it was out of my system I liked how I felt so much I'm not going back!
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters,

I haven't been able to check in since early this morning.

Tess, I am very sorry for your loss. May your Mom rest in peace now :l
          We are all thinking of you & your family, take care.

Great to read how so many are beating the beast & racking up the AF days - :goodjob:

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay3june2013! Not sure I could resist Dom Perignon! Not likely to ever happen to me though! Good night all. So thankful for all the support!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1545021 wrote: Thought I would post back. I went out for a few hours to a pub. Drove and did not drink. Normally I would have a beer and loads of soft drinks to get over not having alcohol to hand. Tonight only one pint of water.

My friend was trying to tempt me into having one, but u resisted and thought of mwo and not wanting to reset the date in my sig. It worked. So gym tomorrow and a productive Sunday ahead.
              Sounds like you've really made the commitment to get this done! Hopefully your friend will quickly realize that this is non-negotiable and will not try to get you to join in.

So, you don't need to change your signature, thank goodness!

I have a question about it, though; it reads: Starting again: 11/08-13 - ??/??/??.

What's with the "- ??/??/??" ??? You aren't going to need that !

Have a nice Sunday, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Liz it would have been a first for me! No regrets though!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1545059 wrote: Liz it would have been a first for me! No regrets though!
                  How great to have no regrets and a lot of pride! :h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess my thoughts are with you and your family now. Heaven is blessed.:l
                    3June I am proud of your strength.
                    Glad to see everyone showing so much strength. Keep it up.
                    I am sunburned and tired. Going to hit the beach again in the morning. Have a great af time y'all.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, sending you love and thinking of you at this sad time xxx
                      AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya folks, I haven't been posting much lately for a number of reasons I won't bore you with - the alcoholic brain seems to enjoy making mountains out of molehills in an attempt to get you drinking I believe. Anyway, Tess - my thoughts are with you at this hugely difficult time and I can learn so much from you: your problems are real and tangible; mine are simply minor in comparison - I need to realise that being over sensitive to other people is a character defect that I need to work on.

I also want to send all my best wishes to all my MWO friends especially the wonderful Broken Halo who should have that halo pieced back together for all the kindness and care she has shown me.
                        neddy xx
                        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Looks like a cloudy & damp day around my portion of the nest today but that's OK. I have plenty of things to do inside to keep me out of trouble.

I'm expecting a carpenter to stop by today to see about building a screened room on a portion of my deck. I'd love to have a protected, usable area for myself & the grandkids. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get this done without breaking the bank.

Tess, I hope you & your family are OK, thinking of you this morning.
                          Wishing everyone a nice AF Sunday.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in, everything's great. Went to my first party since stopping drinking yesterday. Granted, it was a baby shower, and honestly it was the first one I've been too, so I didn't even know if alcohol is served at these things. Anyway, it was served, and I wasn't tempted at all. Just stuck with Diet Pepsi, which was in a different cooler than the alcohol anyway. Oddly, there was a drinking game going on where you had to drink 2 oz. of beer from a baby bottle in the fastest time. I was asked several times to play, but once I told the host that I didn't drink alcohol, she stopped asking. I was thinking 2 oz. won't hurt, but nah, ain't worth it.
                            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis good job resisting. I am confused about someone having a drinking game at a baby shower. It sounds just wrong.
                              Glad to see you hanging in there with us Neddy.
                              An inside area is a very nice addition to a house Lav. I hope it can be done.
                              Have a good one all.
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I haven't posted in a while but it's good to be back. Starting again and trying to stay focused. Hope everyone in the nest has a wonderful AF Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X