Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone, NED I am in Education as well. My employer would seek help for me if they new I was am alkie. There are lots of us; seems to go with the profession. Good luck today everyone day 3 here. My hardest days are always day 4/5 and of course the weekends!! Will check in later guys,I am off to work now.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dang, BrokenH, thank you for the kind words!!

Liz, I don't think my drinking is anyone else's business. Except for my hubs, I don't feel the need to share that information with anyone. Like it or not, there is a huge stigma still on ALKIE's. I saw it at a dinner party a few weeks ago where they raked a neighbor over the coals because of it, and they all sat there drunk as owls saying it.
      So I don't advertise it. Many on this site are different tho, they tell anyone and seem to have no repercussions. I am much more private.

Hope everyone had a great start to the week! Good to see you JDG, MS, Gardener, and Sweetp!!
      Lav, I hope you get some sunshine soon. You haven't had any since the Clinton Administration. :H Hugs to the girls!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Byrdie, lav, samstone, gardner, Lizzann

Better this afternoon, have only had one valium today, may take another before bed or just wait until tomorrow so I can be halfway normal for work.

Have a terrible HA but I know this goes with it.
        Love to all and thanks again,
        JDG
        PS TESS-2 my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family
        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters, I am sober and free from Al since 2 weeks now. Tomorrow I will be beginning 15 th morning .... I would need more advice at this stage then ever before. I am having sugar carvings. Should I at this stage supress them ? Or should I substitute with something else ? I am also eating lots of junk food. Feeling lethargic as well.

Not depressed but bored as am not used to sitting alone sober in evening especially in a foreign country like Switzerland.

I just a documentary about alcohol and its bad effects on body on YouTube. I am more than determined at least for now not to drink again.

I want to get healthy, reduce weight, make my family proud. Make others like me ...

Pl advice ...

Good night ...
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Rahul, been thru over 30 days AF so don't know if my advice is the best, but I found Werther's sugar free hard candy helped me the most. Must have eaten 30 bags the first month, but it really helped me alot. Also started light exercising, helps to take the mind off food, also read several books. Hang in there, it gets better and NEVER start back drinking.

Thanks for the shout out tonight guys, Byrdie, JDG, Pinecone, staying close to the nest for a while.
            "A good garden may have some weeds"
            Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Looks like it's been a super busy day here - that's nice

Hello & welcome back Gardener, JDG & anyone else I may have missed.
              Rahul, I say keep yourself full of good food & keep the AL thoughts as far away as possible. I spent a few days in Switzerland back in 1995, what a beautiful place

Tess, I hope having your family around you is a source of comfort :l

I've had a real long day but a good one.
              Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul

I take a nice long brisk walk when I'm bored or lonely. I find I feel accomplished and just sleep a whole lot better. How about joining a gym? Not sure they have them there, but at least then you'd be out and with people ( who aren't drinking). Exercise would probably help with the lethargy too. I've learned you can't make others like you, but if you like yourself, or at the very least feel better about yourself others will like you. Hang in there two weeks is an amazing accomplishment!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gardener and JdGirl I'm so glad to see you both back. Rahul I sometimes chew sugarfree gum when a craving hits. And the advice to exercise is great too.
                  Tess my thoughts will be with you tomorrow. God bless your family.
                  Hadit just think of us when you are having a tough time. It will be as if we are there and keeping you on track.
                  Lizann you are really kicking old als butt. Keep it up.
                  I like you common sense posts pinecone.
                  Sam, byrdie, lav thanks for the words of wisdom.
                  I am never as wise as I think I am. This is proven on a daily basis. Hubby had a really rough go of it last week. This week will be better, hopefully. Odaat.
                  Have a good one wherever you are.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it through another day! I find I really look forward to reading the posts. Thank you, my new friends!

Good night

Comment

Newbies Nest

"I am never as wise as I think I am. This is proven on a daily basis."

LB, you hit the nail on the head, sounds like me as well.

Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

I am very upset today... Seems that whilst I was drinking myself in to a stupor, hubby had been chatting online.. I was innocently managing a magazine subscription on my iPad yesterday evening and I came across these deleted apps. Shocked and devastated to say the least.

I confronted him and he swears he has never cheated and was not looking for an affair - just chatted for a while, felt very guilty and deleted the apps a year ago. Unfortunately for him, they remained in the cloud..

I didn't drink. I knew/know it would not help and would only make everything worse... It has made me feel strong on that side of things... We now need to try and rebuild the trust - I can't throw a 20 year relationship away over this. I am just feeling very betrayed and as if I failed in some way (can't help thinking the drink didn't help...I was asleep on the sofa by 10pm most nights.. Not the most romantic and attentive wife......
                        AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters.

Wine-no, I am the last person in the world to give relationship advice, I just hope everything is okay with you and your hubby. Not running to the bottle shows how strong you have become. :l

Rahul, does your hotel have a gym? Or a pool? You need exercise. You need to release those wonderful endorphins and feel the natural high of actually doing something good and positive for your body after all those years of abuse. Get your arse moving, you won't regret it! :l

And that's exactly what I am off to do. Off to the the gym now that I am finally over that cold ,yay!
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine-No What a shock, you will get loads of advice on here for sure. Like BH One thing I'm not is an agony aunt. However I would say two things, firstly each of us as individuals must take responsibility for our action, you certainly have with regards to your drinking. You mustn't take the blame for what hubby may have or hopefully may not have done. Secondly 20 years is a long time and I hope and pray both your husband and you can work through this together. Wishing you every bit of strength and wisdom you can muster. GMS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well my big test has arrived, off to Ireland for a few days, visiting my wife's family. Last time we visited was the reason for my fall from the good ship sobriety. Went to local Doctor yesterday and he was on leave, the stand in lady Dr wouldn't give me any medication. So I'm on my own this time. Ireland truly is the land of song and dance and the lovely wife's family work hard (farmers) and have great social lives. So a test indeed. On the positive side I've been there before so lessons have been learnt. I will think of ye all and hopefully the thoughts of posting anything other than good news when we return will keep me out of harms way. We should have a MWO naughty chair, that would keep me on the straight and narrow. Take care, I will be thinking of you all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday morning Nesters!

I'll be watching my grandson for about half the day so I need to be quick & get ready :H

GMS, travel safely & stick with your plan. You can remain AF if that's truly what you want

Rahul, I hope you are finding lots of things to do instead of drinking while on your trip

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X