Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Anniversary Byrdie! I can only imagine how happy your hubby must be...you are a wonderful lady and it would have been a damn shame to lose you to alcohol!!! If I recall, didn't you meet him next to the trash dumpster? Maybe I've been looking in all the wrong places for my Mr. Right? (Although many times I found myself next to Mr. Wrong in the gutter!)

Welcome back Snap...I'm glad you're here! Now glue yourself in ok?

A few months ago my daughters friend attempted suicide (16 years old)...thankfully she did not succeed, but it's still sad that she thought things were SO BAD that the only way out was death. I was just saying on another thread that when I was that age, I'd never even heard of depression, or mental illness, or anxiety....our kids are sure dealing with things that we never had to...it's sad.

Lav - Give Stella a kiss for me and please send me a rain cloud. I wonder if it will EVER rain here?
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy anniversary Byrdie. Have a great day. Best wishes xx
      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1546582 wrote: Evening Nesters. Hello and welcome Alicat, as Byrdie says you have found a great place to be on day one, stay close. BTW, you have great taste in avatars! :H

I am just reading through the posts right now about friendships. My mother used to always say 'misery loves company' and that's just what sprung to mind when I think about one particular friend. We don't see each other often as she lives quite far away, but when we do, or did, we just drank. We went out to eat on the odd occasion but always ended up drinking afterwards. We never did anything else, like go to the theatre, go for a coffee during the day. Nothing like that. We were both miserable drunks together.

I am fond of her and we go back a long long way before the drinking got so bad, but if I can't have a relationship with her that doesn't involve drinking, so be it. I am hoping that next time if I suggest something that is non alcoholic she will jump at it. I sense from her phone calls she is sick of drinking too and I'd love to be able to spend real quality time with her completely sober, something that we haven't done in a long time.

I am confident that I can persuade her, we'll see.
        Hi BH, I have a lot of friends that bring nothing to the table other than booze and misery. I still have fondness for them, but I am going to love them from a distance and connect with the right people from now on. As they say in AA, "stick with the winners."
        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Anniversary Byrdie xx
          AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alicat
            Just have an excuse to not go ready! Hope your first day went well

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy anniversary, Byrdie!
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mossrose

That's great news! I love the success stories, they are so encouraging. Good things do come to those who quit drinking!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy anniversary, Byrdie! Your story is so inspiring! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy anniversary Byrdie
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I survived in the new job,everybody was very nice.There were several invites for afterwork drinks,but I just said I had plans Some dinner on tomorrow though that I will be expected to attend,might have "plans" again or might chance going.Feeling more positive now (for now ).Thanks for all the well wishes guys.x

Comment

Newbies Nest

happy anniversary Byrdie!!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh!!! Thank you all so much! I really appreciate the good wishes! It sure could have turned out a different way!
                          I am so lucky in many ways....and yes, K9, I was taking out the trash when I met him!! XO, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a cake! It was nice of you to make that, Sam :H

Hey, Byrdie, I know you're a cake baker --- are yours that fancy???

Happy Happy Anniversary!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

I went for a full day hike today here in mountains of switzerland. I always used to do this every time i used to come here. Except in evenings i used to drink and drink till i used to collapse ...

This time with my mind clear no temptation towards drinks at all !! I feel quite proud of myself and thanks to you all. I wish I can share few pictures of scenery with you guyz !!

Another proud sober day getting over !!!
                              Rahul
                              --------------------------------------------
                              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                              Rebooting ... done ...
                              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, nice cake Sam, you are talented
                                I'll have to order one for my big six-oh birthday in December :H

Rahul, glad you are enjoying Switzerland!
                                Open a free Photobucket account & post your pictures for us
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X