Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters. A very Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Byrdie, I am a sucker for a happy ending and I loved yours Byrdie. Many more years of happiness to you both. :l

Ali, well done on your first day and refusing the drinks!

MossRose, so glad you and your son are reconciled, that's what makes this all worthwhile!

Pine, Lav, NS, Rooni, Liz, good to see everyone, it's a right busy nest these days and it's wonderful to see. Rahul, I have an image of you yodelling now! Well done, you sound reall positive and well.

Neddy,

I still have fondness for them, but I am going to love them from a distance and connect with the right people from now on

I agree. It's funny we have to be selfish in a different way now from when we were drinking.. Be selfish enough to protect our sobriety along with all the hopes and joy that go with it, no matter what.:l

I had a late finish at work tonight and I have an early start in the morning. I can handle that these days, no problem. Back then I would be sweating about how much wine I could drink and still get up and function early in the morning.

tea doesn't do that to you, so I am sticking with the Earl Grey!
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,
      Im still here and sober just swamped at work. Will read back and try to catch up and post when I can.

Sober thoughts to all,
      JDG
      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie congratulations! Happy Anniversary! Some relationships are worth working on, glad you found yourself a keeper!

Haven't had much time for posting but I am lurking. Good to see everyone staying strong or coming back when they've strayed. This community saved me from years of BS, I hope you can find what you need here to give you the strength you need to get AL out of your life and open the door to a new and better future.

It is up to you.
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Byrdie, hope you've had a great day. Not been posting much lately as work has been demanding but on holiday now.Trying to catch u!
          AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Beautiful cake Sam.
            Byrdie happy anniversary. Thanks for all of the encouragement.
            Good job Ali. Good first day and a happy end to the day. Yeah!
            Pinecone thanks for the kind word.
            Rahul It makes me feel good that you are enjoying your trip this time with no regrets.
            Good to hear from you Jdgirl. Hang in there.
            Snap I am glad you are here with us.
            This is a wonderful place. I felt so bad last night. The first thought was to come and post here. Honestly al did not enter my mind. This really works for me. I just hope that any of you needing support turns here first. Thanks for being here one and all.:happyheart:
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I appreciate all the well wishes! I could be sitting here drunk and crying tonight that I threw it all away! MAN, what a difference that ONE decision has made.

NoSugar, my cakes don't look like that, I am a simple cake decorator! (I eat my mistakes, too!)
              Have a wonderful night everyone, thank you all so much for being here! XXOO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - buckle up

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Anniversary Byrdie! Thank you for all of your inspiration and encouragement! What a wonderful gal!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie- hope it's not too late to wish you a happy anniversary! Lotta cake that was. You sharing? Hoping your evening with your husband was wonderful and a night to remember!

Comment

Newbies Nest

how many years birdie
                      ....congrats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Friday!

Just seeing pictures on TV of the wild rains, hail & floods in Colorado - terrible - not to mention the huge wild fires in Yosemite Such a strange summer related to changing weather patterns.

Wishing everyone a great AF day! Let's get the plans together for an AF weekend as well

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning newbies! I am truly the baby bird here! Day 2 of my great adventure! Thank you for all the kind invitations to join you! This is truly a welcoming place!!

Lav it has been an odd summer weather wise!!

Headed to work! Happy Friday all!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Off to the beach for the weekend with the soon to be in laws. Feeling excited and positive. I'll check back on Monday. Happy weekend all,

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to say good morning before I leave for work. Welcome Buggirl. Nice to meet you. Lizann, have a great time and stay strong.

It looks peaceful in the nest this morning. Nice! Have a wonderful AF weekend everyone.
                              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello Buggirl
                                glad you made it over here.
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X