Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters! Welcome Paheka, nice to see you here. You have come to the right place for day 1, we have all been there. Good luck with the new job!

It's a lovely sunny morning here in the West of Scotland, it is a joy to wake up fresh and hangover free, I'll never tire of it!
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 for me again but glad to be back and in the definite right mindframe to start again this journey on being AF. Funny how you worry about the events coming up and oh "i have to have a drink" but i know that is not going to be possible as the first drink is the end for me, one is too many and 100 is not enough. My daughter gets married in November and I dont want to be the piss head mother of the bride, I want her to be as proud of me as I will be of her. So I go on this journey again with all of you wonderful people for support.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Available. I'm glad you're so determined to make it work this time, you won't regret it. The wedding is a great motivator for you. The more sober time you have in the run up to it, the better. By then you will look and feel so much better without the poison in your system!
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Broken, god forbid I am even thinking about the Hens night that is planned but I dont want to be the fool anymore, I want to be the grown up and have my children be proud of me. Funny how I feel tonight like I have lost my best friend but I am sure it will pass and I am looking forward to waking up without a hangover and feeling like total crap and shaking and getting through the day so that I can go home and drink again. A vicious cycle that needs to be broken. My son has overcome an ICE addiction so surely his mother can overcome alcohol.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

I'm up with the chickens again (literally) :H

Hello & welcome Pakeha & available!
            Glad you both decided to join us in the nest. Be sure to get good plans together for yourselves, look in the Tool box for ideas. Stay close to the nest!

Nice & cool & sunny here in my portion of the nest yet I know the summer heat returns in a few days, oh well.
            Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters! Welcome to you newbies and congratulations on taking charge of your lives. One day at a time is the best advice I can give you. That and eat lots, post lots, be active and distract yourselves. We all started at day 1.

I had a real light bulb moment last night. I realized I love being AF and I no longer feel deprived. I feel thankful that I can live the remainder of my life to the fullest. No more numbness, no more blur.
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Buggirl I'm glad you are starting to feel better.
                Pakeha and Available welcome. If you are looking for help and support this is the place to be.
                3June I feel the same.getting so destructive out of my life has been the best thing I could have done for myself. I went to the little deli (alcohol store) next to me. The owner ask me why I quit drinking. I answered honestly. I was tired of acting like a giant jackass all the time.
                Glad the weather is decent Lav.
                I am working around the house today.
                Have a good one all.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lava, 3J and Little thanks for the welcome. I have made it through the first day and my 5pm drinking time has been and gone. Not feeling tired though which i expected. I figure I can look busy at work tomorrow.
                  I had 4 or 5 bottleshops but one will be very suprised when i dont buy wine.
                  Have a plan to take my dogs for a long awaited walk again, I was too busy having my first wine and second etc.
                  I hope you all have a great day and I hope there is something interesting on the tv tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1547977 wrote:
                    I was tired of acting like a giant jackass all the time.
                    :H
                    LB - This made me laugh. I think this says it all. I'm going to remember this for the next time I am tempted.

Welcome Pakeha and Available. Glad you found your way here.
                    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Pakeha and Available. You are in the right place for advice and support in conquering your addiction. Available, the wedding can be a great motivator but try not to get too obsessed with worrying about the hens night or the wedding day itself. That's the kind of thing that can drive an alcoholic back to drinking. One day at a time as they say in AA. Focus on today and when tomorrow comes focus on it then and so on. Best wishes.
                      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                        Welcome Pakaha and Available. We're glad you've made the decision to join us here...we have lots of success!
                        Caper, where are you?
                        Dot Belle, looking for you this morning, how'd the puppy volunteering go?

Ok, here's the thought for today. 4 months til Christmas. That makes my stomach turn. All the hype! BUT aside from that, like Lil Beagle said in an earlier post, you want to have as much AF time BEHIND you as possible. Do whatever it takes to get on board NOW while it's easier...you'll want your experience to help you during those dreadful holiday parties and gatherings...and, gulp, the family stuff!! UGG. GET that quit underway so you will sail thru these things with ease!

I'm off to a funeral today, unfortunately, my hubs' last aunt passed on Friday. I try not to think of funerals as inconveniences....because it could be mine!!!

Have a wonderful day today...Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I swear I sometimes wish alcohol could take on a physical form so I could double up my fist and really take a swing at it. Unfortunately,AL is much more subtle and elusive than that. It hides in pretty glasses and whispers words you think you want to hear. Then, after it's too late, it shows itself to be the monster it really is. I am starting over again. I drank Friday night and had a glass of wine yesterday morning. After that glass of wine, I felt totally disgusted that I'd let myself get beaten so easily by the old foe that I've been battling for so long. Anyway...going back to the roll call for Day 1 (again)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

Welcome to Pakeha and welcome back available! Glad you are both with us.

LB, I love your reply to the person at the deli! That kind of honesty with yourself will take you places in this sobriety business.

Hi MR, good to see you today!

I hope everyone has a great AF day!
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves - Day 1 (again) here too. Dealing with some real self-loathing this morning. I too would love to take a swing at AL. Hang in there.
                              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

MR - you hold on too - I so understand the feelings of self-loathing. I also remember the days of celebrating sobriety and how those feelings of disgust do fade after you have some time AF - let's start this journey again - 1 step at a time

Comment

Working...
                                X