Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I wondered that too. Yes 3J this is day two and it was a tad difficult, i think i picked up every alcohol add on the radio and tv every picture had a wine glass. It is now 5.45 and I would have been onto my first drink and then my bottle and a half later pass out. Tonight i am having a coffee and i did some things around the house. The dogs are soon!

Congratulations on 90 days that is wonderful, i'm going for 10 and thats overwhelming but doable definitely.

I hope everyone is doing well and I'm glad to be back.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I'm up too early again but that's OK

3June, I have to say that extended families are indeed huge drinking triggers for many. I have distanced myself from the worst offenders, I just don't want to be around certain individuals anymore. I am much happier surrounding myself with happy, positive people like my grandkids. My elders are mostly gone now. You have to think about what is serving you & gravitate that way.

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, it has been busy in here!

Even with my split screen I'm not going to reiterate the list of all you wonderful peeps.

Day 2 has gone really well, first day on the job was pretty crazy, I really got thrown in at the deep end with a busy day where I wasn't totally sure what I was doing but tackled it anyway. Your support definitely helped me get through. Thanks guys.

Being AF meant I could actually use my brain again, which has eluded me for a long time. Time to be a winner again!

Hang in there available, hope the coffee doesn't keep you up all night.

pak

Comment

Newbies Nest

3j-ditto all the others - split screen or not that was impressive! I am with you on families. Sometimes those we love the most trigger us the fastest. Kind of like how they compare houseguests to fish....both begin to "smell" after a few days.....it is just that families "smell" faster! Lol! 90 days is truly amazing. I can't get my head around that yet!

Available. We are constantly bombarded with ads aren't we? No ugly sides shown! Hang tight!

Samstone thank you for your post!

Byrdie. My spellcheck is driving me crazy with your name! I cannot even begin to think about Christmas yet! Too stressful! Listen to us! Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the celebration of the prince of peace!

Happy Monday all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pak - congrats on the new job and the af approach!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well everyone thanks for all the great posts and getting me through Day 2, have not been off the nest tonight and it has done wonders. I feel as if I could drive to the shop for a chocolate, not wine, chocolate as the sugar craving is doing my head in. I will remember tomorrow to have a chocolate handy just in case.

I have my mother for an indefinite period in October but I am not thinking about that. She loves her wine or three at night, mine was wine or bottle plus so not sure on how to deal with that. Might just say not drinking till my daughters wedding and see how that pans out.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, wow you're all doing so well, I'm worrying about getting through my Day 1 tonight. The tool box is really helpful though! I think if I jog to the store for my groceries that will help me avoid the bottles when I get there.
                Congrats on your Day 2 available.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Change your routine right up, Teabo. Do things differently and avoid thugs you associate with drinking. For example, if you like to cook elaborate dinners while drinking, try getting take out. Jogging is a great idea! Good for you! Another great one is to really fill up your belly right before you would have started drinking. It really works.
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Pinecone! That sounds like a good idea, I'll give myself a huge meal this evening. Feeling pretty shakey today but can definitely jog to the store and back.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nesters!
                      Good to see everyone! Hope your weekends were good!
                      Pak, Bug, available!! Great job on checking in!
                      Available, my hubs drinks a glass or two at night....I ask him to keep it in the garage refrigerator, do you have another space your mom could keep her stuff in? It's just too great a temptation to have it staring me in the face every time I go into the fridge, so out of sight is more out of mind. Just a thought....it works for me.
                      Dot Belle, I'm glad you did well at the doggie benefit. I'm sure there were tails a-wagging with the attention to that cause. Dogs are so cool. I'm glad you are involved in something so worthwhile.
                      Hope everyone has a wonderful and peaceful Monday! Byrdie
                      Edit: Hey Teabo and Pinecone!!!
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You should always avoid thugs, but what I really meant was "avoid things you associate..."

$@"& autocorrect...
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pine, avoiding thugs is a good practice, too!!!! :H:H:H
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hehe, I figured as much. I will also avoid thugs! Seems sensible.

Edit: Hi Byrdie! hope you had a good weekend.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Teabags, yes, aside from the funeral, I did have a relaxing weekend...even the drive up and back was pleasant with hubs, it was a beautiful day here...we got back around 6...in the old days I would have been carrying a stash with me and been lit at the funeral. I would have been irritated at getting back, 'so late'. As it was, there was no deadline to get home and I didn't feel that agitation that I was being inconvenienced.

I missed a whole page of posts!!

3J, I'm sorry I sent you into a holiday tailspin....I got the same feeling when I thought of it. Half of my family isn't speaking to the other half so that's going to be fun. I usually wear a 'KICK ME' sign when I go up for the holidays....would you like to borrow it this year? Please notice I'm a regular over on the @#$%^&! thread because of my family. Thank GOD I'm not one of THEM!!! :H:H:H Hell, I'm a freaking alcoholic and I've the one with the LEAST problems!!! Oy.

XXOO, B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters! It's Monday, new week, have you got a plan in place? I was reading last night about HALT. In case you aren't aware the acronym stands for hungry angry lonely tired. These four triggers can be planned for and managed. Last night I had a fight with hubby and ended up over eating. In the old days I would have drank it away. I need to work on my reaction to stress.

Congrats on your first days you guys. It is the beginning that's the hardest. Eat well, get some exercise, change up you routines, do whatever you need to do to get through the next hours then days. It will get easier.

Oh and stay away from those thugs!
                                Newbies Nest
                                Toolbox
                                My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                                X