X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good for you Chill!! Hang in there!!
    Stirly
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hello fairycake & welcome to the Nest. Please find yourself a comfy twig & settle in with us.
      I used (and still do) the original CDs. I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention the CDs for Moms. I imagine they include special messages concerning your role as a Mom & help you turn your attention in that direction. I didn't use the supps myself because I have my own but I'm sure the others will help you with that decision. I can tell you that staying close to MWO, reading & posting on the threads very day is very helpful.

mel, your plan to include a counselor & medical help for anxiety/depression sounds great. A lot of us here have wasted years of our lives trying to drink away anxiety & the resulting depression. It definitely does not work! I finally came to that conclusion myself one year ago & knew it was time to do something about it!!! It's been hard work but the results are amazing!

Kristin, you are 100% right - coming here often & connecting with people going through the same battle is very helpful. Strength in numbers, right?

Chillgirl, don't worry about turning down a few invitations right now! I did the same thing until I gained some strength & confidence in myself & my ability to be around others who were drinking. Good luck on your AF goal for today

Wishing everyone a terrific Sunday, I'll check in later!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday to all, I have to get going so just a quick post. I have read everyones post this morning. Nice to see all of you new nesters. I am learning to love the freedom that being AF has given me. Havn't made it through a full weekend though..I'm going to work hard at giving me that for Christmas.
        Keep learning everyone. Wether your at the beginning, middle or end...keep learning:l MM

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi kristin
          thanks for cd info - will order original set. Anyone got some info on starting meds/supps? Am a bit wary of ordering from obscure places.
          Need to quit this viscious circle - ironically, I drink when doing the mundane stuff (washing/cooking etc) and in social set up i can keep control much better. Time to get my life back!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hear you on that one, Kristin, like when I was cleaning the house yesterday - my least favorite thing to do but can't afford maids anymore - I had my drink with me, and I'd like that to stop. I'm really a newbie, just signed on today and started the supplements to. Wish me luck! :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Bunny.
              I'm relatively new to MWO, too. Joined December 1st. This place is fantastic. There are so many wonderful people here willing to help us face and hopefully solve our problem with alcohol. Welcome aboard.
              Stirly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Bunnie:welcome:
                I only join last sunday... welcome aboard!
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=fairycake;774088]Hi All
                  I often look at this site - gives me great solace, but have yet to do anything major other than read the book. Now feel its long over due to make a move. I like the idea of the cds - but dont know whether to order the classic 4 or the mums? QUOTE]

Mr Rejuve & I bought the original set ... the seller threw in a free gift of a Mozart subliminals...which I really like & use alot in the background during my work day...

I haven't been by the nest in awhile (have occcaisionally been lurking)...but I thought I'd stop by the nest say Hi!.... sure is busy these days!

Things are going well at the Rejuve household...we survived the deep freeze last week & 1/2 ...the sunshine has returned to the Colorado Rockies & the temperatures have risen above freezing!

:waving:

Rejuve

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.

Kristin: "living in a constant daze..." "It is a scary thought to give up wine but it is scarier thinking that down the track I may die from liver disease."

I'm always amazed to realize how many feelings and ideas are common among us -- until I found mwo I thought I was alone/unique or something. Living in constant daze -- yeah I always had a weird foggy-headed feeling -- its gone now. Scary? Yep, that too. I think the hardest part of this is dealing with my foolish fears: Like I need al to live. Hiding from feelings and emotions seems to have been a strong reason for me to drink. Now I'm trying to learn how to deal with feelings instead of fearing them.

"I just agree knowing that I am one of those people..." You were talking about hopelessness -- no need to think that way anymore -- there is a lot of hope here, if you're willing to let yourself accept it.

"why do I feel the need to get so out of it each time I drink?" I've thought about this a lot. I think I've conditioned myself to prefer feeling drunk instead of feeling anything like real life. Like there's some underlying idea that real life sucks, so why not just drink it away. Now I'm grieving for all the time I've wasted.

Mel: "Luckily, I don't really feel tempted to self-medicate my anxiety and depression anymore, as I've realised that alcohol doesn't really work in that way for me anymore, it just seems to make it worse." Al does make depression worse. I've never sought help or meds for depression, but I know what it is from my own mild symptoms - al makes them worse. You have a lot of courage to have reached out for help! I never wanted to go face-to-face with anyone on this. Maybe it's pride or something.

fairycake: "Same goes for supps - where do I start?" There's a ton of info in the various forums and threads about supps. When I started with mwo, I used all the supps and cds recommended in the book. There's also a post that has modified recommendations that have been updated since the book was published. Right now I'm only using the stuff that I feel is helpful for ME. That's All One, L-Glutamine, Kudzu (for high-temptation or drinking events) and Gaba. I'm also using a multi-vit and something called 5-htp which is helpful for keeping my moods pretty level.

"what is it with women and wine??" Same as with guys and beer I guess. It's the poison of choice.

Hi Chillgirl and Stirly. Way to put yourself first Chill re- the lunch invite. I agree with Lav as far as finding ways to make things easy for yourself right now.

Lav you're right about cig-taxes; but al taxes would slam the huge al sub-economy - bars and restaraunts who make huge profits on al too. I never really thought about this before -- too busy drinking -- but you're right. We should just replace all of congress with mwo'ers and kick some butt.

I've been af for December until last night. Went out for mexican, so had to have a margarita. It kicked my butt, and I felt lousy this morning. I kind of realized how silly it is to get drunk. I'm starting to NOT understand what I always thought was good about it. [For the newbies - my view of moderating really means abstaining 99% of the time].

Take care all!
                    tw
                    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tranq
                      still managing to stay AF tonight and hopefully for a few days this time..
                      I have to say when I read about you going for mexican I thought SHIT i forgot about margaritas and how good a jug is with fajitas! I guess Id better avoid the texmex for a while lol
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tranq.
                        You got it right. Abstinence 99% of the time. In my case 100%. Could never do the moderation thing. Once I start, it's downhill all the way. Top speed. No brakes!!
                        Way to go Chill. Glad to hear you're still hangin' in there tonight.
                        Stirly
                        :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday, nestlings!

Everyone staying warm and dry (pardon the pun)?

Still busy here and VERY oddly... after over 4 months - the first real temptation. No clue where that came from (and not sure, it's done and over with yet). Thankfully, my rational head won out - but quite scary. Speaking of scary... I, too, remember being 'scared' in the beginning... scared of what? Living without AL? I'm TERRIFIED now of AL. Scared senseless that there might even be the slightest chance I could go back to living that half-live again.

Fairycake, I also have the original set and love it Go for it! And, my drinking pattern was much like yours... very seldom intoxicated in 'public'... always at home. I still have those ridiculous thoughts sometimes, to start a project with a nice glass of wine in hand. Great image... except, I would end up getting sloshed and the project would get only half done.

Alight, off with me - enough chit chat Have a great Sunday evening, everyone!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chill -

TexMex in portugal??? Margaritas? I'd've thought border food there would be Span-Franco or something. What gives??? LoL!

Take care!
                            tw
                            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Wow, the nest is growing terrific! Pops & G, you should be proud - your Nest is providing safe refuge for all the Newbies, just as you intended

Hi & welcome Bunnie! Please find yourself a comfy twig & settle in with us!

I'm with you Stirly Girly, there is no such thing as moderation for me either. I just find it easier to avoid AL completely - then I have nothing to worry about

Tranq, a Margarita right now would probably knock my socks off, ha ha! Now that wouldn't be a good look for someone with my political aspirations.........

Sunni, you're 4 months AF strong now. Those nasty AL thoughts will come less frequently, honestly! I haven't even had any drinking dreams lately, thank God! Stay tuned in, a nice healthy dose of MWO each day really helps me!!!

I'm tired out, think I'm fighting off some viral thing that starting to sound like laryngitis - heaven forbid I lose my voice..........
                              Wishing everyone a safe, comfy night in the nest......the night light is on.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

The Nest is open for business

Have a great Monday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09