Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9 lol I just open two browsers not so tech savvy really!

Shouting out to some lurkers, if you're there say aye! We miss you!

Neddy? Tess? Nursie? Londoner? Pour quoi? Free at Last? Unwasted? Bella? Miley? Paullywogg? Bcp?

Let us know how you are, just a word, a nod, stay connected, it really will help you in your journey.
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, just a brief stop in as I've had class tonight and some chores (and eating) to do. Day 2 is going well so far! Hope everyone is having a good day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nesters

Rooni, well done on your 30 days. I think your post is spot on, the REALLY important part is making your mind up and not allowing those niggling little thoughts about moderating in.

CD, nice to meet you, and well done on your 9 days, I am glad you decided to post.

Allan, we must throw a little party here in the nest for your anniversary, it's too huge not to celebrate! Well done!

3J, K9, I feel lucky to get the laptop or Ipad switched on and working, no split screen for me :H

Mike, I am so sorry you had to go through all that, my heart goes out to you. I hope with the help of your doctor you can get back on track. It's good to see you here in the Nest.

MR, you must have needed that sleep, I am also a wee bit jealous! Glad you are feeling better

3J is right, all those MIA please give us a wee shout. We miss you all.

It's nice to see all the new nesters hanging in there, well done guys. This is only the beginning!
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, we must throw a little party here in the nest for your anniversary, it's too huge not to celebrate! Well done!
          I have a great summer drink recipe. It's rosehip hibiscus tea with ice, a little pomegranate juice, some Perrier and a slice of lemon. Who's bringing the cake?
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, Rooni - congrats on 30 days :yougo:

Great start for the newbies by the look of it :-)

Hi to everyone else too!

I am fine - back on track. Just finished day 2 and am going for an early night zzzz
            AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1548992 wrote: I have a great summer drink recipe. It's rosehip hibiscus tea with ice, a little pomegranate juice, some Perrier and a slice of lemon. Who's bringing the cake?
              That sounds delish 3J! Alas, a baker I am not! :H

Isn't Byrdie good with cakes?
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all, well another wake up without a hangover, what a feeling this is. Still feel foggy and the dreams are amazing but now ready to tackle Day 4. Payday today and that was always bad, I used to buy a couple of $10 bottles of wine not the cheap ones but really they all tasted the same.

3J what is the recipe or have you already posted it and i missed it in my sleep?

Hope everyone has a great day and I will be lurking for sure at work.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr glad you're getting rest. Feels good to wake up from real sleep.
                  Congratulations Rooni 30 days is great!:wave:
                  Love the devil description.
                  Yeah Steady. Great to see you. 4 months are looking good on both of us.
                  Jdgirl even a quick hello lets us know you are okay.
                  Dottie glad you are doing good if busy. I can't believe I use to do all this and drink!
                  Mike I understand how you feel. When my hubby went to rehab (outpatient) it seemed that they took great joy in punishing instead of using positive reinforcement. That doesn't work. Therefore he still has a huge problem. Maybe we can help you with some of that. Just hang close to us, Okay?
                  Rahul it sounds like you are really starting to enjoy being af. Good for you.
                  Cd its good to be productive instead of hung over isn't it?
                  Available great job day 4.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GREAT COOGLY MOOBLY what a day! I mean @#$%%^!!!

Work is insane and it's a carrier.....

Rooni, congratulations on your hat!!! We are all so proud of you! Thank you for the words of wisdom! I'm done with that devil, too...enough is enough, I know how it ends and I HAVE the tee shirts to prove it. No thanks.

Short and sweet today....I'm going to take a bubble bath. As hellish as today was, at NO TIME did I consider drinking to wash it away!! I have learned NEW coping skills! You will, too. Hang in there....xxoo, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks lavande and birdie. Sorry if I have missed some posts. I'm on my iPhone and not had much time to go back and read all pages. As I always say when I come in- man this site moves so fast! Just checking in. Off to bed now. I'm at my mums place and not had a syringe urge to drink at all. I know when I am here I am totally preoccupied with the company and can go without a AL thought/urge for hours! I am contemplating staying here for ten or so days to get a real good start on AF.
                      Thanks again and I will try to post a lot more. Hope everyone else is tied up safe :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning all
                        fabulous day here hope all are well
                        It sure does feel good not waking up with hangover
                        I have to agree minstar it does moove quick

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Guys, Great morning here. At last Spring is just around the corner. Have a great af day everyone.:welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

another busy day here but at home, cleaned, laundered and cooked garlic chicken alfredo, now some lifetime tv and bed.

have a safe and sober night in the nest,
                            JDG
                            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, day nine is all but in the books and I am finally back to my apartment. I decided I needed to try to do something to occupy my free/sober time other than video games, so I joined the local Planet Fitness health club down the block. I used to be a Lacrosse player as an undergrad student and considered myself in fairly decent shape, after tonight, I realized those days are LONG friggin gone.

I figured running/jogging or lifting weights would be too ambitious starting out, so I opted for an elliptical trainer (of sorts) and stayed at a decent pace for 30 min. I was so soaked with sweat that I looked like I just stepped out of the pool by the time I was done. The only good part was that the time seemed to fly by because, let me tell you, that place had some girls in there who were HOT as the Sun.

Its nice to be back at my place though for a hot shower for my sore body and come here to share my experiences with all of you, on this new journey I find myself on. Day 10 awaits tomorrow.
                              In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Witts and hadit. Hope you both have a wonderful day. hadit - glad spring is arriving there. It's my favorite time of year. It's nighttime here and blazing hot, but the cicadas are singing, so autumn will be here before I know it. I'm not going to complain about the heat Two feet of snow is right around the corner.

MinStar - glad to meet you. Stay close and post often.
                                Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X