Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Funeral service today was awesome....military with flags and 21 gun salute and eulogies and he wrote a poem to his wife that his son read....not a dry eye in the church.....so glad we went....
    dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Everyone sounds great today!
      Dottie, I attended a funeral recently, too...they do make me so thankful for LIFE. I hate that you are having such tragedy in your life right now....2013 has been a doozey for many of us here. I am hopeful about the future tho! Hang in there.
      Minstar, so good to see you!!
      Where is Tess, and Caper??
      Hope everyone has a safe and easy night in the nest. Buckle in! XXOO, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

funerals do make you think life is so short ...not to be wasted on al
        glad everyone is feeling great
        I have a full week end with family and lighting a bonfire for the kids on sat night

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunflower thanks for the link, I watched it and found he says a lot of stuff that I intuitively understood but it helps to hear it out in such a positive light.

Hey nesters! Is your long weekend plan in place?
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

June...thanks. It makes sense and that is why I posted the video. I look back and see how I did things without even really thinking. Numerous times I have blindly pulled into the beer store....because it was such a habit!

I also know many here mention anxiety. I deal with it.....and the video explains why my brain is doing what it does.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Everyone sounds like they are doing fantastic and are in high spirits, which also has the tendency to rub off on me, so thanks Day 11 is wrapping up and I look forward to day 12 tomorrow.

As for my day, it was wall to wall today at work. With my upcoming trip to Vegas next week, I am trying to put in the leg work so I do not face a nightmare of catchup upon my return. I was out of there by 6:30 though, and was one of the last people to leave.

I made it to my newly joined "cycling" class at Planet Fitness tonight that my previously mentioned "hotty with a body" managed to talk me into, and I now know what it is. Basically, they have a fitness room with a bunch of stationary bikes. As you peddle, hot girl on her bike leading the class directs you to do various upper body movements in conjunction with variations in peddling. There was also loud EDM music blasting in the background. After 45 min, we finally entered, "cool down" and I was friggin spent. I am going to feel that one in the morning. I also managed to find out that "Hotty with a body" goes by the name of Kierstan

I am now back at my place after a hot shower to read up on the posts from you guys and allow your positive vibes to guide my own. I am a tad fearful of the upcoming holiday weekend though, and it seems that many people must have taken tomorrow off because downtown is jumping tonight, a good 10X more than your typical thursday night.
              In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone

Thanks for thinking about me... Its been torture, get rid of the Alcohol withdrawls now dealing with this. The doctor wrote a script for trileptical, spelling may be wrong... its a seizure med.. Doctor told me that this would help the benzo withdrawls and help my anxiety better than the kolonopin did. This med has done nothing for the shaking and sweating and all the other nasty withdrawl symptoms. I am afraid to go to another doctor and ask him for my kolonopin back.. Espicially since I have to tell him I had a drinking problem.. I believe this is why my Current Doctor took me off the kolonopin. So scared right now because the doctor is writing a medical note for work and if I get a new doctor they may just deny everything.
                I hope everyone on here is doing well. So glad I found this site and thanks to everyone for their PM's.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Mike, hang in there! Trileptal is also used as an anti-anxiety & mood stabilizer. it should give you relief soon. Keep checking in with us, OK?

Great to see everyone here today. Yes, there is a long weekend coming up but you can choose not to drink. You have to experience a few sober holidays to know that they truly rock! No hangovers, no guilt & shame just lots of healthy fun

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Just checking in after a great first week of work with only a couple of minor screwups (I put it down to lack of training).

I had a rather vivid dream last night that I thought was really interesting. A variation on a recurring one that I've had a lot but now with a twist.

I'm in a busy shopping centre surrounded by people, none of whom are aware that there's a bunch of thugs (bikers and a gang of big black dudes) out to get me. Instead of being afraid and running, I pull out my Swiss army knife to protect myself. Not the knife part, but all the attachments.

I ASK FOR HELP from a security guard who frowns on my weapon, but I say "it's OK, these are just my TOOLS". And together we fought off the bad guys!

It may seem obvious, but I did actually have to ponder the meaning for a while before I realised the parts in CAPS.

Funny how the mind works.

So stay safe all, ask for help and use your tools and you'll beat the thugs.

Pakeha

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, I'm new here. I've been asked by my Doctor to cut back my drinking considerably and to have alcohol free days. I have had only a handful of af days over the last 30 years, and my usual consumption is a bottle of red each night, but sometimes it more than that. My drinking doesn't upset my life at all but I know that it will upset my health at some stage...so I look forward to hearing about the experiences of others and to sharing mine along the way...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Emmy and welcome. I drank everyday like you, normally started when i got home from work and finished when i passed out to do it again the next day. My AF days were very few and far between but I am up to day 6 now and god its Friday. I dont know why I say that as it didnt matter what day it was to drink. You are in a good place here with lots of encouragement and support. This place is my rock in these early days so best of luck in your journey.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Emmy Welcome, l too drank everyday and my AF days were few and far between. I ended up in the hospital in ICU with pancreatitis. I had only been drinking heavily for a few months. That was my wake up call. Al takes a toll on your body. We are glad you are hear and you will be healthier the longer you are off. I feel much better, have more energy. Stick close and let us all help. It's much better for you in the long run!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hello & welcome Emmy! Glad you decided to join us
                            I started out by downloading the MWO book from the Health store here on the site - it has a lot of useful info. AL just may be affecting you more than you realize. You'll do yourself ahuge favor by kicking it out of your life.

Pak, those dreams are quite 'educational', aren't they? I think most of us experience them during the early weeks & months!

Greetings available & Liz. Mike, I sure hope you are feeling a bit better today!

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,

Welcome Emmy, you are bound to find some really great people here that will give you the support you need

So begins day 12 for me, and also the beginnings of a Holiday weekend, which does have me a little on edge. I wish I knew some people that did not drink that I could plan an activity with. Though I gotta admit it has been so long since I have done anything other than hit the bars on the weekends, I am not even sure what said activity would entail. As it stands, it may end up being me sitting in my apartment this weekend playing video games and posting here in between trips to the gym.

Nonetheless, I feel great today and am ready to get suited up and hit the office. Being sober, I am actually starting to like my job believe it or not! MANY of my coworkers have taken notice of the new me. They can't put their finger on why I am so rejuvenated, they just notice that I am on task an efficient in a way they have not seen before.

Have an awesome day everyone.
                              In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Friday all,

Welcome Emmy! Stick around there are a lot of great people here with loads of good advice.

Back to long hours at work, its crazy. Work 7 days off for 2 work 6 days off for 2. Something has gotta give. When I work fam is home when im home fam is at work. UGH!!!

I know all this complaining but I am thankful that I have a job that I love just not the schedule.

Hope everyone has a plan in store for the upcoming holiday weekend. I do, do you?

Love and hugs
                                JDG
                                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Working...
                                X