Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1550800 wrote: snogged a wrong un ?

Love it!
    we've all been there :H
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

explanation

3June2013;1550800 wrote: snogged a wrong un ?

Love it!
      It means 'kissed an unsavoury or unsuitable character' lol
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

BH, we don't know what that means?! We need a translation!! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Broken you just inspired me to PM Neddy I miss him and his Scottishness! Not that I was thinking of snogging him or anything LOL (do you think this will fish him out?)
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1550805 wrote: Broken you just inspired me to PM Neddy I miss him and his Scottishness! Not that I was thinking of snogging him or anything LOL (do you think this will fish him out?)
            Haha, I pm'ed him too! He'll be getting all bigheaded!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey nesters! Happy Sunday!
              Thanks Lav for your message many pages back! This thread moves too too fast to keep up! On my way back home now! Have decide to stay at my mums this week so I am not tempted to go out and drink.

I've the last week I have established loneliness and boredom are my key triggers. Usually at the witching hour of five ish.

At my mums or this weekend with friends I have not felt the urge to guzzle in secret or plan my next drink.

Constantly learning more and more about how AL and the triggers work provides more arsenal in the war!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snogged? I guess I learn new lingo everyday

LifeChange, you are in the right place. "He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Got up incredibly early this AM (6:15ish) and hit the gym to get in my workout. I am there almost an hour and a half per day now that I have began incorporating weight training as well as cardio. My muscles hurt, but I am getting stronger and stronger with each passing day. I am there so frequently lately that I am pretty much on a first name basis with most of the employees. As much release as I get from the gym, I need to take tomorrow off to let my body rest. I have been going balls to the wall for the last 9 days straight.

I have not decided what I am doing yet today, but one thing I do know is that I want to do something that involves being outdoors. I am getting sick of sitting in my apartment alone. Maybe I will go take a walk down by the lake and enjoy the nice weather we have going on today. I think I still have some rollerblades around here someplace, so dusting them off and taking a cruise down the boardwalk seems quite enjoyable.

So many inspiring stories from people in the nest of late. You guys are all rockstars in my book.
                In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

CD BTW lest we forget, congratulations on your 14 days AF! Heading outdoors is a great plan! Up here in the great white north we are enjoying every moment while we can!

minstar isn't MWO a wonderful learning tool? I, like you, have gained so much knowledge from others' experiences here. Sharing is so valuable, and this is a safe place to share.
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes 3june2013. I think if my posts help just one person it has done its job. I have learnt and learnt from here. :-) one day I would like to be as wise as the old timers ��

Comment

Newbies Nest

So right, CD, with learning to fly! i'm always ahead of myself, impatient and wanting to be at the goal without having to do the hard work. I hate to admit that but i see in many areas of my life. It's something I want to work on and have to some point-- being aware of and enjoying the journey. Congrats on 14 days.

and to you, 3J on 90 days!
                      I'm glad to be back here. I've been quite short tempered with the girls, my kids, but know it will be better tomorrow.
                      I think I will be here a lot this evening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange mood swings will taper off, but imagine if you'd never quit? Remember those mood swings? ugh!
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1550862 wrote: lifechange mood swings will taper off, but imagine if you'd never quit? Remember those mood swings? ugh!
                          Ugh indeed 3J. Towards the end my drinking was making me so depressed and was actually changing my personality. I wasn't cheerful, outgoing, determined. I was a poor imitation of my real self. Totally ruled and owned by my addiction to that b*stard AL. I was a wreck.

Today I am sober for 58 days. (I had to check the roll call thread and might be out by a day or two.)

I have my true self back already. Life will never be perfect, but I am me again. I am ready to tackle what life throws my way, ready to challenge, ready to throw my head back and laugh, loud and often.

To those of you just beginning, please free yourselves. Free yourselves and take your lives back. AL is nothing but a liar and abuser, dressed up in fancy packaging and glamourised advertising. Don't feel bad for falling for it, millions of people have. But we CAN do something about it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

58 days is super, broken halo! It's nice to read about your new ability to tackle what life throws your way! I'm looking forward to that.
                            My mood swings were much worse 2 days ago, 3J, I was a heck of a bitch a couple of times as all I wanted was my peace and quiet to drink. Like so many I have such guilt about what I am doing/have done to the kids. I know it can't go on. Growing up myself with an alcoholic mother, I've always had in my mind that I had to pull myself together by the time my eldest was 10. Now she's almost 12 and I'm deeply afraid that I can't do it. Baby steps, baby steps. Day one is done and I have more hope than I did this morning!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Life change, one thing I have noticed about some people (myself included initially) is that they seem to feel as though life will be all one big cake walk upon becoming sober. This is not the case for me. If anything, the world around me is more stressful, because I have to actually deal with my environment in an adult manner, instead of just biding my time until I can go drink and practice escapism from reality.

The good thing is that instead of escaping from problems, I can face them, which brings its own reward, but is far from the path of least resistance.

Did alcohol do a good job of F***king up my life? Absolutely, but being sober won't magically make it all better. What it will do is give me the confidence to not hide from problems that may arise, and be man enough to make amends to people unfortunate enough to be caught in my wake while drinking (with my parents being the first on my list of priorities).

Getting off the booze was step one for me, and now learning how to live my life in its absence is my next project
                              In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow congrats on the 90 days 3j
                                broken halo good job on the 58days

Comment

Working...
                                X