Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I am in the hospital. multiple pulmonary embolisms is blood clots in lungs. what a mess. pray for me if u can
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, I am so sorry Dottie. I pray you make a full recovery, and nothing less.
      In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Dottie, you are in my thought & prayers tonight. Wow, that came out of no where?
        I hope you are comfortable & can get some rest tonight. Check in again when you can, please.

CONGRATS going out to 3June & BH & C-D! you are all doing great, sticking with your plans

Lifechange, welcome back!
        Change your thinking to I WILL DO THIS & we'll all be here to support you.
        Get your plan together & ignore the mind chatter. You don't have to drink AL - ever!!!

Greetings to all & wishes for a safe night in the Nest.
        I have my kids & grandkids coming for a BBQ tomorrow so I will be busy all day cooking & enjoying my family

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, sorry to hear your news, try to rest up you're in good hands. Keep us posted.
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie

So sorry to hear this. Will be praying for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie
              thinking of you
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Praying for you Dottie. Please keep us posted as you can.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie my thoughts and prayers are with you.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie like all the nesters I hope you make a full recovery and get well soon. xx
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Almost had a beer last night. Felt down and thought 'screw it' just open one and neck it down.

I have realised if I am not productive and working towards achieving something I am more likely to relapse. My brain needs to be working towards a goal - it improves my mood, my energy, my confidence etc. This is what running my own business + working out does for me.

Oh, and I have not heard back from my friend who was begging me to go out over the weekend. He obviously crashed and is now feeling horrendous. I have realised with him, he only contacts me these days when he's had a few beers and wants to party hard. Calling me a loser for not going out - HA!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thoughts are with you Dottie. Speedy recovery. Post when you can x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Londoner for not succumbing. I have noticed if I am not busy bored or lonely I am quick to have a drink. Learning these triggers is important. :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, have a speedy recovery!
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning they r moving me out of ICU to a Regula's floor. need a test that can't be done due to the holiday. I find that annoying but I can't leave right now. I am feeling better. little sleep but that is normal for hospitals.
                              dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Dottie, glad to read your news. Try to relax, watch some stupid TV or something
                                I worked in hospitals all my & understand the holiday scheduling thing.

Londoner, screw the friends who don't care about your desire to not drink
                                Keep your eyes open & you will find something better to do. I spend a lot of time around my grandchildren, the oldest not yet 5 so I have good reason to keep my quits. You'll find something, just keep looking!

Wishing everyone a very Happy Labor Day or just Monday depending where you are. My cookout for today has been changed to a cook-in due to weather condition, oh well. The house will soon be full of activity

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X