Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey unwashed. Welcome back! Byrdie- great reminders. I want to be where you are. So annoyed I have messed my quit up after a whole year. I would be almost hitting two years! Still onwards and upwards.

Hope nesters are safe. Happy Labor Day to the Americans amongst us x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Min Star, you'd better fix my name. K9 will laugh me off the site with that one!:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all

hopefully going home tomorrow. I am stable. no clue what caused this. going to see hematologist for follow up tests. hope my insurance is good....
        dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello my first time posting here not sure how it works I am a social drinker my problem is I don't know when to stop and then I loose control and don't remember anything my family is very upset with me its not that I crave drinking everyday its on those occasions that I get together with friends that I get carried away I need to learn when to stop and sip my wine slowly I hope I can get some support my user name is Abby

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Abby and welcome,

It is good that you have identified a potential problem and are looking to stop it before it gets out of hand. Like yourself, I also used alcohol as a social lubricant and had difficulty knowing when to quit. Problem was, I eventually made about every night in to a social situation before long.

I have only been at this a short time myself (15 days), but I think you will find a wealth of knowledge and support around here from the various members.

C
            In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi abby .......It's good you have found out now before it really gets a grip on you

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Abbie, I'm new too, I logged on for the first time a few days ago. I have found that reading other peoples stories and ideas has helped already! I'm still not sure how to keep up with conversations because I can't get to the computer as often as I'd like and they seem to disappear with all the activity...perhaps someone more experienced can advise? Each time I log on I can't find the people I was following previously (or my posts in relation to them)...I did find a drink counter at one stage but now I can't remember where it is...and this is me sober!!!
                I'll just keep reading and commenting on what I can until I work it out I guess...thankyou all

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello ive been directed here by another member. this is the fourth time i have registered to this site, I fully admit i need to stop drinking . i drink too much. Way too much... shitt

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Abbie. Glad you found your way here. I'm still a newbie myself, but just wanted to welcome you. Joining MWO was a wonderful decision. It literally saved my life. You will get so much good advice and support here. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
                    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm drunk :upset::upset: however im determined to revisit once sober. I want to do this :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hello & welcome to Abby & trinity. Welcome back unwasted

It doesn't really matter if this is your first attempt on your 100th attempt to quit drinking. If you commit yourself & make your sobriety your #1 focus you will succeed. By all means visit the Tool box & use some of those ideas to help you make a good plan. You know your triggers to drink so plan ahead how you will handle things without AL. You all can do this, I did

Dottie, good news, I'm happy for you! Stay well!

Hello to everyone else. I'm tired out, had the family here for dinner, fun times

Wishing everyone a safe AF night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Emmy, it moves very quickly in the nest, and can be intimidating at first. It takes a little practice, but you will get the hang of it soon. I think the drink tracker you are talking about is located at the bottom of the main page under "Miscellaneous." I can't get the direct link to work.

Trinity - welcome. I know you are having a rough night (or day depending on where you live), but you have made a good decision to post here. When you are up to it, you may want to share some of your story so we can get to know you better. Take care of yourself.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters and welcome newbies I'm out of town so quick check in. Away camping not a thought of AL in my mind! All good. Talk soon!
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!
                              I'm happy to be here drinking a coffee and reading your posts on the morning of day 3.
                              Welcome Abbie and Trinity!
                              Byrdie, that was such a great post yesterday--I'd forgotten the fake it til you make it, which is such important advice. I need to write it down somewhere where i can see it all the time-- because it often comes down to this. I'm feeling great right now, strong and sure of my quit, no doubt that I'm in the right place after years of trying it out. But I know from experience what's up ahead-- I've been derailed easily so many times and I'm working right now on looking very honestly at my deepest insecurities which are also my triggers-- along with, "hey maybe I don't have a problem!", feeling great after 2 weeks of not drinking. So fake it til you make it, when necessary, is my new mantra-- along with no way no matter who or what.!
                              see you all this afternoon.. life

the Unwashed was pretty funny!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi 3J! I hope you're enjoying your camping-- where are you? I hope you post a bit about it during and when you're back. It's quite a long trip, isn't it? jealous..

Comment

Working...
                                X